RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,699
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 475
Newest member: honeybadger

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 18 2014, 07:12 AM   #481
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
ASM2 has only made $705 million! Everybody panic.
Sadly, in today's world of massive superhero films, that is a bit of a disappointment. It's the lowest grossing Spider-Man film ever, and on top of that Sony blew a ton of money on both the budget and marketing.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 07:20 AM   #482
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

I blame the system that expects these movies to break a billion and the marketing alone is a joke to be honest - most people didn't want what they got with TASM 2. MOS made $668,045,518 PANIC! add Batman for the next film. Ugh.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 11:36 AM   #483
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Emh wrote: View Post
Technobuilder wrote: View Post
Deborah Ann Woll in the MCU, heck yeah. I'm suddenly hoping Netflix takes these Street-Level shows to a slightly edgier place than the tamer major films & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I've been hoping this since the announcement of Netflix's involvement. If House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are any indication, we might very well get the kind of edge a show about Daredevil would require.
Yeah, my suspicion is the reason for choosing Netflix is to approach that level. I don't think it'll be quite as "mature" as that (probably more violent than either show, though), but certainly at an FX level.
Old July 20 2014, 06:36 AM   #484
JD
Admiral

Deborah Ann Woll in the MCU, heck yeah. I'm suddenly hoping Netflix takes these Street-Level shows to a slightly edgier place than the tamer major films & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
This news makes me very happy. I love her on True Blood.
The only reason this disappoints me is I was really hoping somebody would do an adaptation of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series, and that she would be Rachel. This was just a dream though, since nobody is actually an adaptation right now.
Old July 20 2014, 03:54 PM   #485
Technobuilder
Commodore

JD wrote: View Post
This news makes me very happy. I love her on True Blood.
The only reason this disappoints me is I was really hoping somebody would do an adaptation of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series, and that she would be Rachel. This was just a dream though, since nobody is actually an adaptation right now.
Well we know for a fact that Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicle, & Terry Pratchett's Shannara Series have all been picked up recently for Film/Television in various stages of Production. So there's always hope.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote