New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 19 2014, 04:43 AM   #46
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: Big Brother 16: Gentlemen, commence your appallingness!

Jeff is the new Marcellas. Wasn't he a pharmaceutical rep? What happened to that? He just needs to shut up and go away.

Speaking of shut up and go away, Jocasta. Between the crying and the praise god, she'd be my target.
Old July 19 2014, 09:42 PM   #47
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

The popularity of Jeff Schroeder completely baffles me. First off this is a guy who on the live feeds said that if Dumbledore was gay he shouldn't be allowed around the wizard children. If he said that last season instead of his own season he would have been called out nationally on that. Second off, he has always appeared to me as a complete douchebag. His two runs on Amazing Race remind me of the SNL sketch 'Two A-holes' and portray him as an annoying windbag constantly bantering and bragging to Jordan about things she just doesn't care about and taking her lack of response as a validation.

I really think the only reason he became popular in the first place is because on his first season he was the one from the athlete clique who stood up to Jessie, and he has been coasting on that ever since.

He needs to be off my TV now. No charming interviews, no Big Brother, no Amazing Race. Just get his obnoxious self-impressed technotronic homophobic ass off TV forever.

Out of the people currently on the show I think I want Victoria gone the most because she seems the most likely to make the show unpleasant. She's the only one so far who's called someone evil.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2014, 12:07 AM   #48
Danny99
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post

I really think the only reason he became popular in the first place is because on his first season he was the one from the athlete clique who stood up to Jessie, and he has been coasting on that ever since.
He did that and then became an a-hole for the rest of that season.

People love Jordan and he's been coasting on that as well.
Old July 21 2014, 01:59 AM   #49
AgentCoop
Fleet Captain

View AgentCoop's Twitter Profile

I'm starting to think Jocasta might be mentally ill. Really.
AgentCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2014, 02:10 AM   #50
Danny99
Vice Admiral

She has a mental illness called "God only loves me." It's fine to have faith, but when it becomes all you are about, it becomes tiresome. I liked her better when she was the wallpaper.

Amber was fine with being in the majority alliance when Devin and Caleb were keeping her safe. Now suddenly she's "Oh my God, I'm so tired of being used."

Brittany's whining of going on the block is also tiresome. So you're not in the majority alliance, get over it. Maybe if you weren't looking down on people as if they were immature , they might like you.
Old July 21 2014, 02:40 AM   #51
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

It's true Brittany's only successful move in the game was to get Devin to veto her. She hasn't made any effort in the game to make an alliance or secure anyone's trust.

I think Amber is correct though that the fact she's always the one to be a pawn is a signal that she's not quite so central to the alliance. She's on the right track talking to Nicole and Christine about fighting back.

Jacosta seems like she's going to have an anneurism. Every time there's any kind of pressure on her she gets sick or goes berserk. And I don't think it has anything to do with her being religious. She just can't handle stress.
Old July 21 2014, 03:06 AM   #52
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I'm finding myself in the same situation I was with the Brigade. I like people like Derrick, Cody, Zach more than I like the bellyaching of Brittany, the "I'm here to meet a pretty boy" Victoria and the "God is great! Praise Jesus!" Jocasta.

Why has no one called Frankie out on the fact that he runs around the house spilling people's private conversations?

As much as I like him, Cody would be smart to get rid of Donny this week. He is the only in there that has proven he can win competitions and is well liked by everyone. If his alliance is behind him, why not now?
Old July 21 2014, 05:03 AM   #53
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

AgentCoop wrote: View Post
What's with that chattering? The last time I saw anyone do that, it was my cat, when she saw a bird outside on the window sill.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2014, 02:03 AM   #54
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Timewalker wrote: View Post
AgentCoop wrote: View Post
What's with that chattering? The last time I saw anyone do that, it was my cat, when she saw a bird outside on the window sill.
That was bizarre. You could even hear her in the background as they were announcing the winner.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2014, 07:15 PM   #55
Ashu
Vice Admiral

View Ashu's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Ashu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashu

I'm pretty sure she's due for an exorcism, really.

" Because no matter what the future holds, no matter how fat we travel, a part of us -a very important part- remains there, on the TrekBBS" - shamelessmcbundy
Ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 02:55 AM   #56
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Yeah, that was really bizarre. I'd really like her to go sooner rather than later.

I'm liking Derrick, Cody, and Zach as well. I really think things will come down to a split between that alliance and the alliance of Christine, Nicole, and Hayden. Assuming that Christine doesn't make the stupid move of assuming that the three guys will want to keep her around. Caleb and Amber have already been written off as the first jury members. The one who may be able to slip by while the alliances duke it out is Frankie, unless someone finally catches on to his obvious game of having everyone confide in him and then sharing their conversations.

I wonder how much longer the double HOHs will last.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 12:08 PM   #57
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

The Nicole-Christine-Hayden circle seems like an alliance in name only. Have they done anything -- made any moves -- as an alliance yet? A light breeze could scatter them into individual floaters.

I'm liking Derrick so far, along with Frankie and Cody.

Zack seems to act before he thinks and then scrambles to recover. It makes his gameplay look both clumsy and desperate.

The girls in the house are a lost cause. They all seem content to let the HoHs pick them off one by one with perfunctory pleas for mercy after they've bungled any chance to remove themselves from the block. Joey could have been a contender but she tried to rally too early and her pool of potential recruits were a collection of blank stares.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 06:08 PM   #58
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

I think the Nicole/Christine/Hayden alliance is more effective just quietly deflecting attention away from each other than it is making big moves, at least until there are fewer people in the house.

And I also think they have a more intrinsic bond than the bigger alliances because they formed based on having things in common. People are always more loyal to the people they enjoy hanging out with than the people they make verbal agreements with.

I would guess the double HoH thing will last until around the 8 houseguests point, that seems to be the magic number where early rules get taken out.
Old July 24 2014, 08:31 AM   #59
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

2400 goals in 24 hours was just sadistic.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2014, 06:49 PM   #60
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Spoilers for last night's BBAD.

It went on for a good 20-25 minutes before they cut to the first commercial. I wonder how much of it we'll see in tonight's episode?