Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 1 2014, 12:37 PM   #61
intrinsical
Commodore

Re: House of Cards - Season 2 (Discussion & Possible Spoilers)

I've just watched all of season 2 in under a week. Wow. My favorite moments were the 10 second breakdown of Frank in episode 9 and Claire in episode 13. It showed their deeply shoved down humanity.

I have to wonder what's next for season 3. It can't simply be the Underwoods losing their grip on the presidency. While it may be interesting to watch how the Underwoods defend their power, it may be too boring unless the Underwoods go over the top in their defense. My personal wish is to see Jacqueline Sharpe and Remy Danton as a couple take on Frank and Claire Underwood, they're the only ones who are as unscrupulous and smart as the Underwoods. Maybe the writers can take a page out of the current political situation in Thailand. Prime Ministers forced to resign, military coup d'etat, puppet prime ministers impeached, the nation split into two camps, parliament forced to disband, elections rigged, re-elections invalidated.. its a real life House of Cards.
Old July 8 2014, 07:04 AM   #62
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

tighr wrote: View Post

(2017) Frank begins his 2nd term, and it goes epicly downhill from there. Facts get uncovered. The "Roman senators" start to circle the wagons. Gets assassinated.

End of series: Frank dies to end the series (it's a classic tragedy, of course he dies), but the way it happens keeps the American public in the dark, and no one ever discovers what a terrible man he is. His legacy is secured. But we know.
I agree that this probably is the only way for series to end. Cant end with "and they lived happily ever after".

Or maybe it can.
After assasination and funeral, next scene is of an southern mansion with an old man sitting on the porch, he lifts his head and looks up to the camera: You didn't really think I died? - THE END -

Just finished watching second season last night. Great season, cant wait for the next one
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2014, 10:36 PM   #63
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Nah you are all wrong, Frank becomes a lumberjack.

My issue with the show is the creators don't seem to have a long term plan so I'm sure we will see his downfall which we really don't need to.
Old July 9 2014, 10:07 AM   #64
tighr
Commodore

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Nah you are all wrong, Frank becomes a lumberjack.
If that happens, I'm never watching TV ever again!

I'm still waiting for an apology from someone for that. I typically avoid spoilers, but I will go out of my way to save people from watching the last several seasons of Dexter by telling them how it ends, should they choose to start that show!