Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Closed Thread

Old July 8 2014, 08:17 PM   #91
Dennis
Commodore

Re: Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Super Space Star wrote: View Post
In advance, no, I have never had a script plagiarized.
You know, I'm not sure that it's really seemly for people who remain anonymous on a message board to call folks who make their identities public "cowards" for posting information and judgments that they stand behind.

It might help if you'll acquaint with what you "know" about how Hollywood works, and through what personal experience you acquired that knowledge.

Old July 8 2014, 08:22 PM   #92
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

Dennis wrote: View Post
In advance, no, I have never had a script plagiarized.
Well then, why don't you acquaint us with what you "know" about how Hollywood works, and through what personal experience you acquired that knowledge.
What? You're not already hacking to find out?
Old July 8 2014, 08:48 PM   #93
Bixby
Commander

This didn't happen in Hollywood, but there was a scandal here in Canada about a producer who put her sister's name on scripts written by american writers (when only local scribes were supposed to have been assigned to their productions, as mandated by financing rules).

The writers got paid a good fee for their work. What was the real reason for the name switcheroo? when productions made in North America and elsewhere get broadcast in some european countries, they get back monies per each broadcast. One script probably won't bring in much money, but when you have your name on say 50 scripts per year that keep getting re-broadcast in many countries, then that's a significant chunk of change...

The scammers got snitched, and boy was the alarm sounded, all of which affected many production companies and workers for years afterward (including yours truly)...

So, I don't know about Andriech's story being true or not, but shady dealings do occur...
Old July 8 2014, 10:08 PM   #94
Maurice
Vice Admiral

This only came up because andreich brought up Komack producing one of her scripts, which relates to this interview (link). Komack died in 1997 so obviously we can't ask him about it, now can we?
óGlen Larson, 2010
Old July 9 2014, 01:31 AM   #95
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

Maurice wrote: View Post
This only came up because andreich brought up Komack producing one of her scripts, which relates to this interview (link). Komack died in 1997 so obviously we can't ask him about it, now can we?
No, and you don't know her reality. Your idea of checks and balances in Hollywood that prevent theft of scripts is ludicrous. The entire system, including their profit accounting practices, is corrupt.
Old July 9 2014, 01:34 AM   #96
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

Bixby wrote: View Post
This didn't happen in Hollywood, but there was a scandal here in Canada about a producer who put her sister's name on scripts written by american writers (when only local scribes were supposed to have been assigned to their productions, as mandated by financing rules).

The writers got paid a good fee for their work. What was the real reason for the name switcheroo? when productions made in North America and elsewhere get broadcast in some european countries, they get back monies per each broadcast. One script probably won't bring in much money, but when you have your name on say 50 scripts per year that keep getting re-broadcast in many countries, then that's a significant chunk of change...

The scammers got snitched, and boy was the alarm sounded, all of which affected many production companies and workers for years afterward (including yours truly)...

So, I don't know about Andriech's story being true or not, but shady dealings do occur...
And probably the only reason that producer got caught was he was too greedy.
Old July 9 2014, 01:42 AM   #97
Dennis
Commodore

No, and you don't know her reality.
People don't get to have their reality. There's just reality.

Maybe we get so wrapped up in our science fiction and fantasy stories that we forget that.

Yes, I do know what's real.

Old July 9 2014, 02:36 AM   #98
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

You don't know much about Hollywood, do you? Either that, or your playing dumb.
If you would actually pay attention I wasn't saying what happened. I simply pointed out what would have to be the case had it actually happened as related, and leave it to everyone to decide for themselves how likely that is.
Why don't you stop being a coward and just call her a liar. And it is clear that you are either an idiot or just pretending not to know about Hollywood's long history of ghost writing and just flat out plagiarism. There are many who will happily put their name on someone else's writing. In advance, no, I have never had a script plagiarized.
Why don't you do your research? As is demonstrably and easily available with just a few clicks in this very forum, Maurice has proven himself not only to be a working professional in the filmmaking industry and as a member of one of the crew of one fan film but he's also been, I dare say, one of the tiny few who has remained active on this message board, dealt with all kinds of people - both good and bad - and somehow managed to do so with class and never to resort to petty name-calling, insane accusations or impugning the character of others.

In advance, yes, you picked the wrong person to attack on the "practical experience in filmmaking" card.
Old July 9 2014, 02:38 AM   #99
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

Why don't you do your research? As is demonstrably and easily available with just a few clicks in this very forum, Maurice has proven himself not only to be a working professional in the filmmaking industry and as a member of one of the crew of one fan film but he's also been, I dare say, one of the tiny few who has remained active on this message board, dealt with all kinds of people - both good and bad - and somehow managed to do so with class and never to resort to petty name-calling, insane accusations or impugning the character of others.

In advance, yes, you picked the wrong person to attack on the "practical experience in filmmaking" card.
+1
Old July 9 2014, 04:25 AM   #100
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
If you would actually pay attention I wasn't saying what happened. I simply pointed out what would have to be the case had it actually happened as related, and leave it to everyone to decide for themselves how likely that is.
Why don't you stop being a coward and just call her a liar. And it is clear that you are either an idiot or just pretending not to know about Hollywood's long history of ghost writing and just flat out plagiarism. There are many who will happily put their name on someone else's writing. In advance, no, I have never had a script plagiarized.

I don't know who he is and don't give a fuck! He demonstrated his idiocy and cowardice in the posts that I read in this thread.
Old July 9 2014, 04:28 AM   #101
Dennis
Commodore

I don't know who he is and don't give a fuck! He demonstrated his idiocy and cowardice in the posts that I read in this thread.
Nope.

BTW, you may be unacquainted with the rules about such characterizations here; I'm sure someone else will explain them to you (they're pretty obvious, really).

It's clear to anyone who knows anything about how the business works that this story is not true as it's being told.

You suddenly popping up out of nowhere to name-call on behalf of a poster who's mysteriously dropped out of sight does not change that and isn't fooling anyone.

Old July 9 2014, 04:30 AM   #102
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

No, and you don't know her reality.
People don't get to have their reality. There's just reality.

Maybe we get so wrapped up in our science fiction and fantasy stories that we forget that.

Yes, I do know what's real.
This has nothing to do with science fiction or you. Are you Maurice's mommie? Scram.
Old July 9 2014, 04:33 AM   #103
Dennis
Commodore

This has nothing to do with science fiction or you.
I dislike foolish untruths told as if to assume that one's readers are uninformed or not bright enough to recognize them as such.

Scram.
You impress no one. I'm not giving you the option of picking who you get to address or ignore in your pursuit of this ridiculous "defense" of a preposterous fabrication.

Let me be clear on this: no fourteen year-old ever scrawled a "script" for a network situation comedy on a yellow legal pad, mailed it cold to a professional producer, had it purchased for forty dollars and produced and broadcast "without a word changed" while credit was dishonestly assigned to a working professional.

That did not happen.

That someone thinks they can get away with telling that kind of nonsense story to a group of reasonably educated strangers - as distinct from, say, tolerant family or sycophantic friends or some naive children - is arrogant and deluded in the extreme.

Last edited by Dennis; July 9 2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old July 9 2014, 04:47 AM   #104
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

That someone thinks they can get away with telling that kind of nonsense story to a group of reasonably educated strangers - as distinct from, say, tolerant family or sycophantic friends or some naive children - is arrogant and deluded in the extreme.
+1
Old July 9 2014, 05:13 AM   #105
Super Space Star
Lieutenant

This has nothing to do with science fiction or you.
I dislike foolish untruths told as if to assume that one's readers are uninformed or not bright enough to recognize them as such.

Scram.
You impress no one. I'm not giving you the option of picking who you get to address or ignore in your pursuit of this ridiculous "defense" of a preposterous fabrication.

Let me be clear on this: no fourteen year-old ever scrawled a "script" for a network situation comedy on a yellow legal pad, mailed it cold to a professional producer, had it purchased for forty dollars and produced and broadcast "without a word changed" while credit was dishonestly assigned to a working professional.

That did not happen.

And you know this for sure, how? I know for a fact that a script can be mailed to a tv show and reach the production staff of that show, because I did it. I wrote a script, mailed it in to the production company making the show and it reached the story editor of the show. He mailed it back, with a positive critique of my script. This is not an impossibility.
Closed Thread