CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Tech

Trek Tech Pass me the quantum flux regulator, will you?

Old June 30 2014, 03:14 PM   #106
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

Re: NuTrek's Starfleet

There seems to not be a page for the Armstrong-class "flagships". Any reason for that? Is it the only ship not accounted for, or are there other ships not yet implemented? The NX-class/Columbia-class? The mentioned Saladin-class and Daedulas-class ships?

Also there are two USS Voyagers with different hull numbers in the Bonaventure-class, yet both appear to be "in service".
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 08:32 PM   #107
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral

JJohnson wrote: View Post
Can you repost the pictures that may have been posted in the first page of this thread? It appears they're all gone now.
Just noticed that yesterday. Imageshack wants a paid subscription now.

For now, the PDF is on deviantart. I'm planning to re-upload when I get time to make some serious edits.
Old July 2 2014, 04:22 AM   #108
fireproof78
Commander

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
Can you repost the pictures that may have been posted in the first page of this thread? It appears they're all gone now.

For now, the PDF is on deviantart. I'm planning to re-upload when I get time to make some serious edits.
Downloaded and will review in detail. Just curious if you want/need/desire uniform information? I don't believe there are any in the guide currently. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I will be happy to track down any screenshots that would be helpful to your project
fireproof78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 05:32 PM   #109
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral

fireproof78 wrote: View Post

Downloaded and will review in detail. Just curious if you want/need/desire uniform information? I don't believe there are any in the guide currently. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I will be happy to track down any screenshots that would be helpful to your project
Uniforms are pretty straightforward, and I've been working on some pages to that effect. What I'm really in the market for right now is backstage material and/or concept art that shows different Starfleet elements in isolation or in detail. Any help is appreciated right now.
Old July 8 2014, 07:41 AM   #110
fireproof78
Commander

Uniforms are pretty straightforward, and I've been working on some pages to that effect. What I'm really in the market for right now is backstage material and/or concept art that shows different Starfleet elements in isolation or in detail. Any help is appreciated right now.
Well, there are several uniform variants out there, I wasn't sure if it would be included or not.

Also, are there particular components you are looking for?
Old July 9 2014, 08:58 PM   #111
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral

Well, there are several uniform variants out there, I wasn't sure if it would be included or not.
There's the Starfleet dress uniforms seem on Earth, with the academy and officer versions being basically the same but colored differently (and the latter having a cover). The wetsuits are another, and the fatigue uniforms worn aboard ship have plenty of good material. What I cannot seem to find are good images of the skinsuits worn during the Space Jump scene in the first movie or the wingsuits used by Kirk and Spock in the videogame (which also shows up a number of times in the IDW comics).

Would love to get more info on field jackets too, any extra features the costume designers might have had in mind.
Old July 10 2014, 06:22 AM   #112
fireproof78
Commander

There's the Starfleet dress uniforms seem on Earth, with the academy and officer versions being basically the same but colored differently (and the latter having a cover). The wetsuits are another, and the fatigue uniforms worn aboard ship have plenty of good material. What I cannot seem to find are good images of the skinsuits worn during the Space Jump scene in the first movie or the wingsuits used by Kirk and Spock in the videogame (which also shows up a number of times in the IDW comics).

Would love to get more info on field jackets too, any extra features the costume designers might have had in mind.
Ok, I will see what I can find. Here is some quick stuff and I will do more research as time allows.

Skydive suit (concept art):

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/orbital1.jpg
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/orbital2.jpg

Skydive harness more illustrated:
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/orbital3.jpg

Wing suit from video game (concept art):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d_4suZMZ13...k+wingsuit.jpg

I will see what else I can find.
Old July 17 2014, 05:56 PM   #113
NeroShrimp
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to NeroShrimp

I'm really bummed about Imageshack now requiring a paid subscription. It was my all-time favorite photo hosting site. Now, I go to http://www.postimage.org.
NeroShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2014, 04:35 AM   #114
fireproof78
Commander

Still working on more research, but I found some good pictures of internal images. I am currently still working on uniform research, which has proven more difficult to find.

Enterprise torpedo launcher concept:
http://static.squarespace.com/static.../?format=1000w

New Enterprise concept (with original coloration)

http://static.squarespace.com/static.../?format=1500w

More skydive uniform concept art:
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...1_zannidLJ.jpg

Will have to work more on the uniforms.
Old July 29 2014, 06:50 AM   #115
fireproof78
Commander

Continuing on:

Communicator concept:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5ueGdBGTdV...municators.jpg

Phaser concept (possible repost but higher resolution image)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-20NeN4hVFe...ss+phasers.jpg

Medical tricorder concept that I have not seen before:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Nk5Uuq7bGj...+tricorder.jpg
Old July 29 2014, 10:27 AM   #116
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Apologies if I already posted these in this thread, but here is the Concept Art and Set Photos thread, with everything from Vengeance bridge concepts to art for Khan's portable transwarp beaming device. Unfortunately it's quite a slog to find everything.
Also the dreaded Starship Size Argument™ thread, which has the exact dimensions of the USS Vengeance.... somewhere in there. As well as a graphic showing a whole bunch of extending torpedo rails which were never used in the movie. And wireframes of the Enterprise's shuttlebay near the end.

Oh, and here is some fan art I made, using the lobby/plaza set to establish saucer deck heights.
Old August 9 2014, 10:34 PM   #117
gerbil
Captain

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Apologies if I already posted these in this thread, but here is the Concept Art and Set Photos thread, with everything from Vengeance bridge concepts to art for Khan's portable transwarp beaming device. Unfortunately it's quite a slog to find everything.
Also the dreaded Starship Size Argument™ thread, which has the exact dimensions of the USS Vengeance.... somewhere in there. As well as a graphic showing a whole bunch of extending torpedo rails which were never used in the movie. And wireframes of the Enterprise's shuttlebay near the end.

Oh, and here is some fan art I made, using the lobby/plaza set to establish saucer deck heights.
I quite like that cutaway you made. I'd love to work on a more high-res version of it at some point if you wouldn't mind.
"Life should be revered simply for the fact that we need to be thankful that we are currently able to consciously appreciate what we are going through right now. ... This moment that we're having right now is highly significant." -Maynard James Keenan
gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2014, 10:43 AM   #118
F. King Daniel
Admiral

gerbil wrote: View Post
I quite like that cutaway you made. I'd love to work on a more high-res version of it at some point if you wouldn't mind.
Of course! Just credit me somewhere, "based on Enterprise cutaway by KingDaniel" or something along those lines.

I should also point out that the warp core section is from the 2012 NIF user guide PDF. I'm pretty sure the laser bays were the Vengeance engineering corridors, and that the diagnostics building is where the non-CG bit of the Enterprise shuttlebay was shot.
Old September 10 2014, 11:58 PM   #119
Mountie1988
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm a bit more interested in early 22nd century weapon designs... how is a high output alpha spectrometer supposed to work as a weapon. By heat induction? Baking cats?
Mountie1988 is offline   Reply With Quote