Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Currently enjoying the summer event. I've got all my captains a rather fetching set of swimming shorts! Quick question. I've noticed some of the users have a Pleasure Planet Tribble. How does one acquire them?

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Watch the first minute of this video, it shows you exactly how you can breed the tribble.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idg25twJaso[/yt]

3. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Thanks very much. Much appreciated. Another quick question. Does it work with just one character, or will it work with all others.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Any value to the more expensive surfboards? i.e. faster and not just cosmetic? Not sure if they work like the floaters, or are just vanity projects. Just curious as to whether I should burn favors on trying to get nicer one, or just keep the cheapo one and go about my day...

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I checked the stats the Superior ones are the fastest and have the best turn rate so, yeah getting the batter one is an improvement.

Just FYI the faction boards aren't any better the other superior boards.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ok, I think that was the distinction I was missing. Just saw random bit in chat saying the faction boards weren't any better, just missed that they meant compared to the other Superior ones, not that the expensive ones weren't faster. Back to saving up, i guess. thanks for checking. Not that the surfboard race is anything special, but gotta spend the favors somewhere, I guess, may as well have the toys.

And this year, think I'll just buy a ton of favors once the market crashes in a couple weeks (but before the last day or two when it spikes again). I saved 100 or so from last year, but with a new toon to outfit this year, didn't do much and I wasn't around to sell in those first couple hours when prices were retarded. Will try and make a better grab of it this year. Towards the end last year, they were selling around 2500/each, and people were getting 40-60k each on day one this year, not a bad markup :)

7. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    So, this game has become quite addictive.

I've just became Lt. Commander, and I'm now picking my new ship....which will very possibly be a Constitution-class vessel which I'll be modifying, because I can't decide between the Excalibur variant or the refit.

What I like about this game, after having played it, is the way everything in Trek is incorporated, especially in the uniforms. For example, one player can be wearing a uniform from Enterprise while another can be wearing a uniform from the TOS films - specifically The Wrath of Khan. (My character is wearing a modified version of the TNG uniform from the films).

Basically, I'm guessing in this particular future, the uniform is particular to one's ship....whereas in the past, each ship had their own insignia.

Pretty cool.

8. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

You can even have the TMP uniforms or the 29th or 31st century ones

9. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Yeah, it's pretty cool!

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

11. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ I was just about to post on that. Seriously thinking about it.

12. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I got my LTS on sale a while back, very glad I did. All the perks (chimera for feds, android bridge officer, ect.), no wait times on busy release nights. I highly recommend it as a life long Trek fan.

13. Hartzilla2007

Plus 500 zen a month, which is good for saving up for c-store purchases or chasing in for a nice amount of refined dilithium.

14. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ah yes, gotta love the zen! :techman:

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I got my LTS almost immediately after the f2p release two years ago. Haven't regretted it one second. And its paid for itself several times over by now.

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Though to be clear, while the LTS is great and worth it if you are committed to the game, it is also a commitment to the game in itself.

Don't buy it, if you don't plan to stick around.

17. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Kazon?! :wtf:

Oh... please no...

19. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was talk of allowing players to create Kazon for the KDF, with Talaxians and Ocampa accesible for the Federation.

20. Hartzilla2007

I actually got mine before the game launched.

You know the fact that the Borg and Voth are featured and the Undine will be in the Delta Quadrant makes me think a theory regarding how the Borg/Voth war, the Borg invasion of the Alpha Qudrant, and the Undine needing the Dyson spheres to attack the Alpha Qudrant might be connected to the Iconians attacking the Undine might be right.

The theory...

Basically after the Iconians attacked the Undine they (the Undine) stared their attempts to cleanse the galaxy by restarting their war with the Borg. The Borg got their asses handed to them and started attacking the Alpha Quadrant and the Voth to get a leg up on the Undine. And because the Undine's main fleet was already in the Delta Quadrant they decided to set up the Dyson spheres as a bridge to make razing the Alpha Quadrant easier since they don't have to dimension hope just to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.