The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 9 2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Game of Thrones Wiki / Web-sites (No Spoilers Past Last Aired Episode)

*** No spoilers past the last aired episode****

Are there any wiki-like websites for Game of Thrones that don't have spoilers? That is, I want to find a web-site the only mentions stuff aired on HBO vs. one that is focused as the info as read in the books. I heard that the TV version of GoT sometimes slightly mixes the timeline / stories around and I'm afraid to read a spoiler!! After watching the most recent episode, The Watchers and the Wall, I wanted to read a bio entry of Jon Snow, but was afraid to find a spoiler filled bio!

BTW, I realize that I can just go to HBO's web-site, but I never found TV channel web-sites that informative.
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2014, 09:02 PM   #2
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Game of Thrones Wiki / Web-sites (No Spoilers Past Last Aired Epis

Ro_Laren wrote: View Post

Are there any wiki-like websites for Game of Thrones that don't have spoilers? That is, I want to find a web-site the only mentions stuff aired on HBO vs. one that is focused as the info as read in the books. I heard that the TV version of GoT sometimes slightly mixes the timeline / stories around and I'm afraid to read a spoiler!! After watching the most recent episode, The Watchers and the Wall, I wanted to read a bio entry of Jon Snow, but was afraid to find a spoiler filled bio!

BTW, I realize that I can just go to HBO's web-site, but I never found TV channel web-sites that informative.
Well there is the Game of Thrones Wiki. The main articles oly have the info from the show, and sometimes from the History and Lore DVD extra videos (some background on families, history etc.). They do have book info, but only in the section "In the books", and this section only contains the info from the part of the storyline equivalent for what has already aired on the show, with a link to the A Song of Ice and Fire wiki articles where one can read all the books info including the spoilers. I would still advise against reading the "in the books" section. Here's their Jon Snow article. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Snow

As for websites, there's http://winteriscoming.net/ They have lots of news and reviews for both the book readers ("Sullied") and non-book readers ("Unsullied"), and a strict spoiler policy - spoilers have to be hidden, they always tag articls and pieces of news that are spoilery, and there are separate posts and reviews for and by the Unsullied where the Sullied aren't allowed to post, at least nothing vaguely spoilery. It's best to keep to the Unsullied posts and steer away from casting news etc., stuff that invites speculation from book readers. Of course, you never know when someone will post something spoilery anyway in the comments, but the admins delete their posts pretty much immediately.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Ro_Laren
Commodore

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Ro_Laren wrote: View Post

Well there is the Game of Thrones Wiki. The main articles oly have the info from the show, and sometimes from the History and Lore DVD extra videos (some background on families, history etc.). They do have book info, but only in the section "In the books", and this section only contains the info from the part of the storyline equivalent for what has already aired on the show, with a link to the A Song of Ice and Fire wiki articles where one can read all the books info including the spoilers. I would still advise against reading the "in the books" section. Here's their Jon Snow article. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Snow

As for websites, there's http://winteriscoming.net/ They have lots of news and reviews for both the book readers ("Sullied") and non-book readers ("Unsullied"), and a strict spoiler policy - spoilers have to be hidden, they always tag articls and pieces of news that are spoilery, and there are separate posts and reviews for and by the Unsullied where the Sullied aren't allowed to post, at least nothing vaguely spoilery. It's best to keep to the Unsullied posts and steer away from casting news etc., stuff that invites speculation from book readers. Of course, you never know when someone will post something spoilery anyway in the comments, but the admins delete their posts pretty much immediately.
Thanks so much! I'll have to check it out. HBO's bio of Jon Snow had like 4 lines, lol!
Old June 12 2014, 02:28 PM   #4
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Man, I wish I would have known about this website before Season 4 began. Yesterday, I was reading through bios about various characters and was reminded about so much!