Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old June 11 2014, 06:27 AM   #46
Sleigh Ride
Commodore

Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post

A TOS-style credits montage with photomanips of the new crew during various missions, both TOS classics reimagined and new ones (I'd have loved ID to end like this)

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
Maybe seeing Kirk and Bones take Spock to a Titty Bar where Jolene Blalock is the stripper ... that would be COOL!!!
...what in the HELL are "photo man nips" and do they have anything to do with 'Takes's idea and Jolene?...oh, and can someone come pick me up?...car is in the shop...
"If man is to survive, he will delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear" Gene Roddenberry
Sleigh Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 06:34 AM   #47
Sleigh Ride
Commodore

THIS in the background somewhere.

Data's severed head on a shelf among some rare trinkets, as part of a Kovis Fajo-like collection.
...WONderful!...but only if his head is slightly askew, to the left, in that "...I am curious..." tilt...yes yes...can you imagine the letters and the chatter?...

'King Daniel for Set Dresser!"
"If man is to survive, he will delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear" Gene Roddenberry
Sleigh Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 02:46 PM   #48
Robert_T_April
Captain

Khan 2.0 wrote: View Post
-set a good 5 years after STID (which would be the beginnings of the TMP movie era in the Prime timeline).
Actually, 5 years after Into Darkness in the new timeline I believe is still 6-7 years BEFORE the events of TMP.
Robert_T_April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2014, 02:21 PM   #49
F. King Daniel
Admiral

HIjol wrote: View Post

A TOS-style credits montage with photomanips of the new crew during various missions, both TOS classics reimagined and new ones (I'd have loved ID to end like this)

Maybe seeing Kirk and Bones take Spock to a Titty Bar where Jolene Blalock is the stripper ... that would be COOL!!!
...what in the HELL are "photo man nips" and do they have anything to do with 'Takes's idea and Jolene?...oh, and can someone come pick me up?...car is in the shop...
Photomanip = photo manipulation. Photoshopping. I.E. Sticking a pope hat on Bob Orci.
HIjol wrote: View Post
THIS in the background somewhere.

Data's severed head on a shelf among some rare trinkets, as part of a Kovis Fajo-like collection.
...WONderful!...but only if his head is slightly askew, to the left, in that "...I am curious..." tilt...yes yes...can you imagine the letters and the chatter?...

'King Daniel for Set Dresser!"
I think that would be my dream job!

*waits for phone call from Bad Robot*
Old June 16 2014, 02:46 PM   #50
Khan 2.0
Captain

Robert_T_April wrote: View Post
Khan 2.0 wrote: View Post
-set a good 5 years after STID (which would be the beginnings of the TMP movie era in the Prime timeline).
Actually, 5 years after Into Darkness in the new timeline I believe is still 6-7 years BEFORE the events of TMP.
yes but as with most things in the nu-niverse the TMP era would have been reached far earlier
Khan 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2014, 12:03 AM   #51
Khan 2.0
Captain

looking at the OP list again - good to see Shatner is happening. now for the rest!
Khan 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2014, 12:54 PM   #52
2takesfrakes
Commodore

If The Shat does, indeed, show up for STAR TREK "3" then I hope he appears in it without his rug, for the very first time. They wouldn't have to make any mention of it, or anything, just show Shatner - and Kirk - as finally being Proud Bald. I wouldn't even care if Shatner went on interviews after and pretended like his baldness is only very 'recent.' It would still be glorious ...
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2014, 01:13 PM   #53
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander

I'd love to see:
- more alien worlds, what is happening to new vulcan and more vulcans (or just more Sarek)
- Uhura speaking alien languages
- more character development for characters who are not Kirk and Spock and more character development for Spock (versus having to read the comics to know he had a PTSD after what happened to Vulcan)
- Uhura and McCoy interacting and being the voice of reason
or alternatively, them being exasperated at Kirk and Spock, lol
- more spock/uhura romance... perhaps know more about how they got together (or some reference to what was said in the comics) AND I want to see them having more fun with the fact that he's a vulcan and thus all the vulcan culture. Let them share some alien gesture that tells us more about the vulcans. You have a human/alien couple have more fun with the potential of it!
- in general more interactions between all the crew
- I'd like to see different places aboard the enterprise beside the bridge, sickbay, engineering, transport bay
Old October 2 2014, 01:28 PM   #54
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

If The Shat does, indeed, show up for STAR TREK "3" then I hope he appears in it without his rug, for the very first time. They wouldn't have to make any mention of it, or anything, just show Shatner - and Kirk - as finally being Proud Bald. I wouldn't even care if Shatner went on interviews after and pretended like his baldness is only very 'recent.' It would still be glorious ...
That would be EPIC.

Seriously, I don't get the problem with baldness. Sisko shaves his head and that's cool, but actually losing your hair is...bad? *shrugs*
Old October 2 2014, 02:40 PM   #55
Eric Cheung
Fleet Captain

I'd like to see no one die and no villain. It's happened before in a Trek film, Star Trek IV. And it's much closer to what happened in the TV shows. If they just make those two rules for themselves then it's already a substantially different movie, with more of a focus on problem-solving than firepower.
Eric Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2014, 04:08 AM   #56
Australis
Writer

Personally, I'd like an original bloody story, rather than recycling. Something new in the universe.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2014, 12:15 PM   #57
xavier
Commander

Kirk actually taking responsibility of sleeping with women randomly. the whole thing with Christine Chapel did not fly with me

An orignal story. NO MORE BIG HORMAGES to the past. A little easter eggs are fine but no more big homages. like the reenactment of spock's death in Into Darkness.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2014, 12:22 PM   #58
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

A completely sane Janice Lester commanding a starship, even if it gets destroyed five minutes later.
Old October 3 2014, 02:40 PM   #59
Shat Happens
Captain

I'd like to see a transporter accident ala TMP with real gruesome modern special effects. Stuff to be talked about and give people nightmares for years on.

The TMP novelization has a short description thad seemed more horrible than what was seen on the movie. But the movie had that frightening scream.

I want both at the same time.
Shat Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2014, 06:37 PM   #60
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

I watched TMP as a kid and that scream haunted me for years. So yes, so gruesome horror would be a welcome addition to ST3.