Zelda Wii U coming in 2015

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris3123, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Trailer revealed at E3, which highlights a major change to the gameplay:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE[/yt]

My first thought after the game image popped up was "Skyrim?" :lol:. Seriously though, more open and less linear sounds very refreshing.

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea it looks like it'll be pretty good. Looking forward to it.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The 3DS Zelda released the previous winter, A Link Between Worlds, was our first take on Eiji Aonuma's new open world philosophy for the Zelda series. And, as a huge fan of the Zelda series since it was originally released on the NES, I consder A Link Between Worlds probably the best Zelda game ever made.

Zelda U is going to be awesome. All kinds of awesome.

4. Random_Spock

Yea I really like ALBW so far, been playing it on and off lately.

5. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

ALBW was a great game. The first time I played it, I spent the first several minutes wandering through nearly the entire map as soon as I was able to make Link go wherever I wanted. The open world worked very well in the game, and if that's what they're doing for Wii U Zelda, it's going to be awesome.

Don't forget that Hyrule Warriors is coming out this year (late September if I recall correctly) too.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Probably two years too late to make an impact on Wii U sales.

7. Random_Spock

Maybe, but at least Nintendo is putting up a good fight. Not just with this either. It's better than doing nothing imo.

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, if anything, they pulled out all the stops when they've really needed it. They've understood they needed to deliver, and they did. They've looked the best at E3 so far. Frankly, this is something they've could have used at launch.

10. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

New gameplay video!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM[/yt]

11. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Yep, I saw that last night during the Game Awards livestream. Hard to make out any details during the livestream because they didn't show the gameplay on full screen - just on the TV that the camera was pointed at.

But that world map (at about the 1:06 mark above) looks huge! There's going to be a lot of exploring - I wonder how full the world will actually feel though.

It still looked pretty good. I suspect the next time we hear anything about Zelda Wii U will be at E3 2015. So far away...

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Definite day one purchase.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Same. It's one of the reasons I just picked up a Wii U.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's definitely a system seller.

Too bad it's too late for the console in the grand scheme of things, but personally, I will definitely consider getting a Wii U for it come release. Between this, Mario Kart, and 3D World, the sheer density of quality first-party software will be quite compelling. Not to mention core gems such as Bayonetta and ZombiU.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

In the past Nintendo would put me off because they had horrible 3rd party support, but with the Wii U I've embraced that. Not that I think the 3rd party support is bad this time around (I honestly haven't been keeping up enough to know or not) but so far out of the four games I have, all of them are made by Nintendo, and the few more I want are also made by Nintendo.

The only non-Nintendo made game I want to get for my Wii U is Ducktales remastered.

And to keep this on topic too, a poster over at the Gamefaqs boards isolated a picture of the map and blew it up based on the gameplay video:

Link to Map

There's some discussion over there on whether this is the full map or not, but even if it is the full map, it's pretty damned large. I can't wait to go exploring this Hyrule (assuming that's where the game is set).

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Third-party support is all but dead at this point. Which is not too big of a deal at this point, as Wii U sales are more headed for Dreamcast numbers (rather than GameCube numbers) anyway.