Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old May 21 2014, 06:36 PM   #1
Argrathi
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Are we ever going to get to see Typhon Pact starships?

Of course, we know what Romulan and Breen ship's look like, and Trek authors have done a great job describing Tzenkethi, Gorn, Tholian, and Kinshaya ships in the 24th century, but will we ever get to see the Tzenkethi marauders, Tholian juggernauts, or Gorn leviathans? I loved the image of the Frontier-class DS9 (Andrew, Deg, and Doug did a great job), is it possible we could get to see more? Maybe a cool size chart with side views of the main novelverse ships and a Frontier-class station?
Argrathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 09:07 PM   #2
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Location: Presenting my proposed Enforced Continuity Bill to a reluctant Federation government.
Re: Are we ever going to get to see Typhon Pact starships?

The internet has coughed forth this Kinshaya ship; I'm afraid I don't know where it originates, but it's dark and spherical, so this seems to be the appropriate design for the Kinshaya vessels fielded in A Singular Destiny.

Old May 21 2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Location: Presenting my proposed Enforced Continuity Bill to a reluctant Federation government.

The Gorn Crisis, meanwhile (keeping in mind that this is in continuity with the novel 'verse), gives us a fairly diverse Gorn fleet:

The four-nacelle design of the primary warship class seems to fit with what was offered (at a distance) in the remastered Arena, and the green ones that look like a Centauri Primus (assuming people know what that is) could fit with the green ships described in Seize the Fire (which I'm guessing were drawing inspiration from Star Trek Online).
Old May 21 2014, 10:15 PM   #4
Argrathi
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I appreciate the links, both of you. I've seen that Kinshaya one, which is a great fan render. I never saw the Gorn Crisis image though (it was a comic, right? But it's in the novel verse since its been referenced in the novels). I was just hoping for something really detailed, like the Vesta, Merian, and Luna classes. Thanks again for the images
Old May 21 2014, 10:25 PM   #5
Enterprise1701
Fleet Captain

I don't really like Star Trek Online's take on starships especially since they have only translated class names, but here are the Tholian and Gorn (in Klingon service) starship classes in STO.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tholian_Ass...6517#Starships

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Gorn_Hegemony#Starships
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 10:42 PM   #6
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

^ Between the description given and my own preferences, I sort of imagined the Gorn vessels in Seize the Fire (which I recall were described as bulky, four-nacelle and green?) as a cross between the Star Trek Online ships and the long ship from the Gorn Crisis image.
Old May 21 2014, 10:45 PM   #7
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

As for Tzenkethi Marauders, the image I have in my head is kind of a blend between a teardrop, a Vorlon ship from Babylon 5, and the Hierarchy assault cruiser (type two) in Voyager. Sleek, white, tapering point, with antennae, meshes and sensor masts.

We know the raiders have an odd corkscrew shape and that their forward weapons fire by charging along the corkscrew.
Old May 21 2014, 10:57 PM   #8
Argrathi
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, the authors have definitely provided great details for the ship's. Those corkscrew Tzenkethi sounded interesting too (I think he wrote they were like the tail end of a conch shell). It'd just be cool to see the ships of the main powers of the novelverse in significant detail. Maybe even some recurring races like Orions and Nausicaans. I've heard many of those are in the game, but to me that's separate from the novels.
Old May 25 2014, 10:23 AM   #9
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

We see plenty of Gorn ships and tech in Star Trek: The Video Game
(Picture). Although not in continuity with the novels, I don't see why they couldn't be used. They're enormous.

If we ever see Typhon Pact hybrid ships, please don't make them a T shape! Pretty please. It will cause me physical pain.
Old May 25 2014, 10:33 AM   #10
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
If we ever see Typhon Pact hybrid ships, please don't make them a T shape! Pretty please. It will cause me physical pain.

In keeping with my theory that Star Trek ships are all shaped like their designers' racial/national insignia, how about a big hexagon (since the image on their currency is hexagonal, if I recall)?

With Mount Rushmore-style heads of each race mounted on one of the sides. The weapons can fire out of the Gorn's mouth and the Breen's visor, for instance. The possibilities are endless!
Old May 25 2014, 10:58 PM   #11
Jedi Ben
Lieutenant Commander

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post

In keeping with my theory that Star Trek ships are all shaped like their designers' racial/national insignia, how about a big hexagon (since the image on their currency is hexagonal, if I recall)?

With Mount Rushmore-style heads of each race mounted on one of the sides. The weapons can fire out of the Gorn's mouth and the Breen's visor, for instance. The possibilities are endless!
Why not just admit you want the Constructicons in Trek and be done with it?
Jedi Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2014, 02:13 AM   #12
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

I don't think we'll ever see any Typhon Pact ships, aside from Romulan and Breen ships on any Photoshop cover. If this were the late-80's, early-90's when the covers were still painted...probably. People have been wanting to see a cover featuring Riker/Troi/Tuvok and Christine Vale for years now and we've never seen Vale on a cover, just Photoshopped versions of the TV series characters reflecting their change in rank/FC uniform for Tuvok.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 10:08 PM   #13
publiusr
Commodore

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
The internet has coughed forth this Kinshaya ship; I'm afraid I don't know where it originates, but it's dark and spherical, so this seems to be the appropriate design for the Kinshaya vessels fielded in A Singular Destiny.

FASA's Fenlon meets SW's torpedo sphere.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote