‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I have to say that Batman V Superman flows better than Superman V Batman when saying it aloud. I wonder if that had any part in it? As for "dawn", seems like an overly passive choice.

2. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Iron Man 2 may as well have been subtitled Prequel To The Avengers...

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

That's pretty much what they did with the title Captain America: The First Avenger (which was just called The First Avenger in a lot of foreign territories).

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Sadman v Superman: Yawn of Justice.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I could get used to it. And it's no more clunky or unoriginal than The Dark Knight Rises.

And Dawn of Justice also sounds a lot more optimistic than some of the other alternatives we've seen for the subtitle. Which I kinda like.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

It could be better, it could be worse. There are a lot of clunky titles around. I'm jazzed that it sets up Justice League.

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Shitty title.

That said, I'll still wait to see the film before I decide if it's any good or not.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I like how the Superman logo is almost completely overshadowed by the Batman one.

And we're sidelining Superman in his own sequel. Great.

9. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same here.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Batman is the plaintiff in a case accusing Superman of having an affair with Dawn, the Justice League's part-time secretary.

11. davejames

Despite what the title says, the writers and producers have already stated that the movie still operates very much as a MOS sequel, and Superman isn't being sidelined at all.

Although I agree I'm not the biggest fan of the logo they went with. It was underwhelming when we first saw it, and it hasn't grown on me much since then.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

So will this tie in with V For Vendetta?

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

It's also a Batman reboot, introducing Wonder Woman, setting up the league and getting second billing. Nope, not sidelined at all.

Lol.

To be fair I'm sure he is a big part of the story, but stil, as a sequel goes, it's not about Superman.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

It most likely will be about Superman first and foremost in that the addition of these other characters is in terms of them reacting to Superman's emergence.

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

In the real world you wouldn't want to become a vigilante in the first place. In the real world, a vigilante (who doesn't use fire arms) wouldn't last a week in the streets, with, or without the armour, batmobile, or even "the bat(wing)" (the FAA would ground him the moment he took off :lol: )...

A suit without any kevlar would get him killed on his first night out.

No, that's what the cowl (and the whole "bat" theme) is for.

Lucius Fox developed the nomex survival suit long before the Batman came into play. :D

BTW, the new logo looks like bad fan art.

16. davejames

No it's not all about him, but it still presumably follows the storyline begun in MOS (with Clark continuing to adapt to life in the city and his new role as Superman, the developing relationship with Lois, etc). And from what Goyer has said, the destruction of Metropolis at the end of MOS also plays some kind of role in the story.

So it seems pretty likely Superman will still be the heavy focus of the movie, just because his presence is the thing everyone else will probably be reacting to.

Edit: Oops, looks like someone above beat me to it.

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Awful title. I don't mind the 'Dawn of Justice' bit, it's the 'Batman v Superman' I don't like. It smacks of them dumbing down the series even if they aren't (we'll see about that too, actually). I had faith that they'd go with something better. I would have preferred 'Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice', something to indicate a real Man of Steel sequel but I guess they have to follow the money.

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

They definitely wanted Batman in the title - particularly considering how successful Batman films have been as Christopher had said.

19. davejames

Well for me the segmented armor kind of jumps out a lot more than the cowl (in fact the cowl almost feels like an afterthought to the costume). And ultimately the suit just looks so practical and real-world as to not be all that interesting or frightening to look at.

Unlike the Burton and Snyder suits which aren't quite as easy to explain and could almost pass as vaguely supernatural in the dark of night.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

For the last year or so I've been thinking that they're moving ahead too quickly with this Justice League business but in a way it makes sense. If an alien like Superman did show up, I imagine that things would change pretty quickly and people like Batman would start coming out of the woodwork almost immediately. I still don't like the title though and hope that Superman and everything they set up in Man of Steel isn't sidelined too much.