Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 12 2014, 01:51 AM   #1111
Tarheel
Lieutenant

View Tarheel's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

I picked up a Deep Space Nine model this week. I was aware that it didn't come with a stand, but still disappointed when I placed it on the shelf with the rest of the collection.

I recall a post on this thread where someone said they were able to use a stand from a different model for their DS9. I was quite a while back and I can't find it now. I was wondering if anyone knew which stand might fit DS9? I'd love to get a stand that matches the rest of the collection.
Tarheel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 06:59 AM   #1112
Sans
Lieutenant

Does anyone know about the 5th subscriber bonus that the Japanese are apparently getting?
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 01:21 PM   #1113
Trek Survivor
Captain

This collection seems to be selling so well. I desperately hope it convinces Eaglemoss to follow it with a "Star Trek Figurines Collection" similar to their Marvel, DC or Dr Who series.

The Marvel Heroes one ran for 180 issues (with loads of specials etc)... just think of how many characters, main and supporting, could be covered in such a collection! A few years back, one of the managers at Eaglemoss gave an interview (primarily about the Marvel Figurine Collection) in which he was asked if there were any franchises he'd love to have a crack at - he mentioned Dr Who and Star Trek as personal wish-list favourites! Well, Eaglemoss have the licence to both now, so desperately hoping we get a ST Figurine Collection... perhaps just in time for the 50th anniversary? (assuming ships one runs for about 60 issues and they don't want both running at the same time...)
Old May 12 2014, 02:05 PM   #1114
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Trek Survivor wrote: View Post
This collection seems to be selling so well. I desperately hope it convinces Eaglemoss to follow it with a "Star Trek Figurines Collection" similar to their Marvel, DC or Dr Who series.

The Marvel Heroes one ran for 180 issues (with loads of specials etc)... just think of how many characters, main and supporting, could be covered in such a collection! A few years back, one of the managers at Eaglemoss gave an interview (primarily about the Marvel Figurine Collection) in which he was asked if there were any franchises he'd love to have a crack at - he mentioned Dr Who and Star Trek as personal wish-list favourites! Well, Eaglemoss have the licence to both now, so desperately hoping we get a ST Figurine Collection... perhaps just in time for the 50th anniversary? (assuming ships one runs for about 60 issues and they don't want both running at the same time...)
Maybe, but I'm not sure there is the same demand for characters. The ships are unique to Star Trek, you don't really see anything that looks like those in other franchises. Once you start putting out multiples of people in the same colour uniform with different heads, the incentive to buy becomes much less, at least in my opinion. I mean, hold up a Tom Paris figure next to a Chakotay one - the only defining feature is a different head, that would be lucky to be a centimetre in size if they follow the Marvel format. Superheroes have full body designs and usually have signature poses. Star Trek has... pyjamas. I'm sure they'll give it a shot, I just don't expect it to fly off the shelves.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 02:53 PM   #1115
Richard Baker
Commander

I just got my first ship, the Akira/Thunderchilld from MonstersInMotion and I really like it. I was concerned about two things- the prerelease images showed the Bussards wrong and with some ships the stand's plastic grabber is distracting.
When I saw the images posted here with the Akira I went ahead and ordered me one- I am so glad I did. I have a 1/1400 resin kit of that ship, but no time for building these days.
I really love the obscure ships Eaglemoss has chosen to issue- a lot of them will never be available in any form but I now can get a replica of them. They do occasionally make mistakes, but I am going by the reviews in this thread to decide which ones to get.
Richard Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 06:17 PM   #1116
Markonian
Captain

After not receiving issues 5 and 6 in April I sent an email to the publisher, in early May. The response was that they had run out of stock and the models would be sent within a few days.

The Memory Alpha page now reads that the German release has been put on hold.
Old May 13 2014, 12:54 AM   #1117
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

Hmm. American subscribers should be getting their June(?) withdrawals soon.

EDIT: Speak of the devil... I looked this morning and lo and behold $39.90 has been taken from my account for Paypal(Eaglemoss). I hope I'll get another email and another $39.90 taken for the JJprise soon too.

Last edited by Kevman7987; May 13 2014 at 04:58 PM.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 01:50 PM   #1118
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Yep, mine went through early this morning.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 01:49 AM   #1119
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

Are there any ships from the collection that u aint sure about getting?.for me it the borg sphere,bajoran solar sail and the krenim temporal ship.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 03:39 AM   #1120
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

Since I don't want to blow my budget, I've been skipping about 50% of them. I'm doing all the Starfleet starships, but only rarely dipping into the alien ships (thus far, I've only gotten the D'deridex and the K't'inga). Things like the D'Kora and the Borg sphere don't really interest me. I like the aesthetics of Starfleet ships, but so many alien ships are just blobby and generic.
Old May 14 2014, 01:29 PM   #1121
Trek Survivor
Captain

Dac wrote: View Post
Maybe, but I'm not sure there is the same demand for characters. The ships are unique to Star Trek, you don't really see anything that looks like those in other franchises. Once you start putting out multiples of people in the same colour uniform with different heads, the incentive to buy becomes much less, at least in my opinion. I mean, hold up a Tom Paris figure next to a Chakotay one - the only defining feature is a different head, that would be lucky to be a centimetre in size if they follow the Marvel format. Superheroes have full body designs and usually have signature poses. Star Trek has... pyjamas. I'm sure they'll give it a shot, I just don't expect it to fly off the shelves.
You've got a point but I think if they spaced out the ones that look too similar, they'll be OK. And some characters - Kirk, Spock, Picard, Data, Worf etc - will do well regardless. As for the others - intermix them with Ferengi, Cardassians, Xindi, Gorns and so on - and I think Eaglemoss would be on to another winner.

Mr Pointy Ears wrote: View Post
Are there any ships from the collection that u aint sure about getting?.for me it the borg sphere,bajoran solar sail and the krenim temporal ship.
The completist in me wants them all, but the sane father-of-four-on-a-budget is approaching each release cautiously.

There's plenty I'll skip (at least for now) - if I find those particular issues cheap in the months and years to come, might pick them up. The three you mention are low on my list, as are a lot of the post-issue #25 ones we've heard about...
Old May 14 2014, 08:06 PM   #1122
Kpnuts
Commodore

The Enterprise-E and Vor'cha Klingon Cruiser arrived today, both great models, especially the latter. The Enterprise is pretty good, especially from above, the only problem is it's predictably very small, similar to the Excelsior in size which is a shame. Still, the detail is excellent and when the light catches the nacelles it looks beautiful.

Some pics I took of the Enterprise if anyone is interested...

I can do some for the Klingon Cruiser too if anyone is interested
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 08:25 PM   #1123
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Kpnuts wrote: View Post

Always!
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 09:40 PM   #1124
Ethros
Vice Admiral

*Drool*
Thanks for pics, got two weeks to wait till it's in the shops
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 10:37 PM   #1125
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
The Enterprise-E and Vor'cha Klingon Cruiser arrived today, both great models, especially the latter. The Enterprise is pretty good, especially from above, the only problem is it's predictably very small, similar to the Excelsior in size which is a shame. Still, the detail is excellent and when the light catches the nacelles it looks beautiful.

Some pics I took of the Enterprise if anyone is interested...

I am truly truly jealous and I will have to get mine in a couple of weeks before I go away for the weekend.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote