Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 9 2014, 12:42 AM   #1141
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Next week's teaser looks awesome!
Old May 9 2014, 01:47 AM   #1142
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Any bets on who shot Malcolm Merlyn?

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 01:58 AM   #1143
sojourner
Admiral

Marc wrote: View Post
Unless there's something in a trailer you've seen, not sure what you're asking. Thea pulled the trigger at the end of the episode, no confirmation on whether she actually shot Merlyn though.
Old May 9 2014, 02:17 AM   #1144
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You know how ridiculous it is that he would turn up now in that costume?

Dark modern regular clothes, light armour, and a number of machine guns is what he should be carrying into a warzone.

Either this show is crap or Thea has had a psychotic break.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; May 9 2014 at 02:45 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 02:43 AM   #1145
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Beagleman wrote: View Post
Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post

Aside - whoa, I didn't realize that his island lackey Anatoli IS KGBeast from the comics. Also that he's played by David Nykl, best known to genre fans (until now?) as the Czech science nerd Zelenka, lackey to chief science nerd Rodney Mackay from Stargate Atlantis..!
Whoa, why do these people bother with masks when a fake beard can make you completely unrecognizable...
I keep checking IMDB for the show and I keep seeing that David Nykl is Anatoli, but through some kind of cognitive dissonance on my part, my brain doesn't accept it's him.

In other words, I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo:

First episode with him: "Ooh, who plays Anatoli? David Nykl? No, it can't be..."

Next episode: "Ooh, why plays Anatoli? David Nykl? No, it cant' be..."

and so on, until here we are, with the penultimate episode and I'm still not believing it's him.

I have the same issue with Burn Goram in both Pacific Rim and Game of Thrones, where I can't seem to reconcile either of those roles with him being Owen in Torchwood. Cue the Dory-like reaction of me continuing to think the actor looks familiar, looking it up, shaking my head, and then forgetting until the next time I see him.

Now, John Barrowman is the exact opposite of this phenomenon. At this point, what ever character he's playing becomes "John Barrowman playing Malcolm Merlyn" or "John Barrowman playing Jack Harkness."

dansigal wrote: View Post
Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Well, nearly all the secondary characters introduced over the course of this season have been killed off... Assuming Slade is finished off next week, plus a couple more, we have a nearly clean slate to introduce new people for what will likely be a Russia-based arc for the show..?
Considering the theme of this season, I'm betting that Olliver will be able to cure Slade without having to kill him.
I can't figure out why I believe this, but I thought it was revealed that Malcolm was revived after "Sacrifice" with something like Mirakuru. There's something to him beyond League of Assassins training that gives him an edge. Even in "Streets of Blood," he's the only one shown to actually stand a chance against one of Slade's mirakuru-aided soldiers. Everyone else uses some kind of incendiary or, in Felicity's case, a van, to deal with a mirakuru-aided soldier.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 04:47 AM   #1146
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
That would make Starling about the size of Milwaukee. Seems fine to me. Not every city's a New York.
And after last season's issue with the earthquake machine, it's possible there was an exodus. New Orleans still hasn't returned to it's former population size since Katrina.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 04:52 AM   #1147
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

Summer looked good without the mask in the outfit but I wasn't a hater with the mask.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 04:41 PM   #1148
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

sojourner wrote: View Post
Marc wrote: View Post
Unless there's something in a trailer you've seen, not sure what you're asking. Thea pulled the trigger at the end of the episode, no confirmation on whether she actually shot Merlyn though.
Oh I misread the look of suprise on her face at the end. I didn't catch her pulling the trigger and thought the shots came from behind her.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 11:10 PM   #1149
shivkala
Rear Admiral

TayLaLaLa wrote: View Post
Summer looked good without the mask in the outfit but I wasn't a hater with the mask.
My 10-year old son had the same reaction. It's not a bad costume, but the mask...oh the mask!
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 11:32 PM   #1150
JD
Admiral

This was a great episode. I can definitely see what the meant about the end of the season being epic.
I had no idea that was David Nykl as Anatoli or that he was a pre-existing comics character. He never even seemed slightly familiar to me, honestly.
I do agree that the mask for Isabel is just bad. I understand they are going for the Ravager look from the comics, but I'm thinking that might be one that just doesn't work in live action.
Old May 10 2014, 01:39 AM   #1151
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

Really Isabel just needed something over the eyes like what Sara wears but half black & orange.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 02:43 AM   #1152
sojourner
Admiral

They should have just gone Dread Pirate Roberts with it.
Old May 10 2014, 03:17 AM   #1153
theenglish
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
They should have just gone Dread Pirate Roberts with it.
Maybe it will look better after she puts her eye out.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 09:50 AM   #1154
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Summer Glau is too gorgeous to wear a mask especially a silly one like she has. Some paint around the eyes is good enough.
Old May 10 2014, 06:48 PM   #1155
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Summer Glau is too gorgeous to wear a mask ...
What if it were a Catwoman mask?

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote