Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 11 2014, 04:03 PM   #31
starsuperion
Captain

Re: The Nature of the TARDIS

In this GIF, you see how the rings flowing around the main centre connect and then release from different planetary sections. If you were to remove the base, keep the centre, making that the main engine section, below that will be the Eye of Harmony, and above the centre section is the main console room, the rings being the pedestrian pathways, or corridors, and the planetary bodies would be different rooms, with their own gyroscopic rings as additional corridors to smaller sub-rooms . This is what the model of the TARDIS interior dimension in the TARDIS technical file, and the Time Lord compendium was primarily based on, in addition to Peter McKinstrty's Model, and the screen image noted in the Journey to the centre of the TARDIS.

http://fav.me/d7e0a9d
Old April 12 2014, 08:04 PM   #32
publiusr
Commodore

I love a good technical manual.

What do you think of the Tardis being a tessaract wihin a texture, a 3D cosmological defect like a cosmic string?

If nothing else, to have the Doctor exclaim "Defect!?"
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 07:18 PM   #33
starsuperion
Captain

publiusr wrote: View Post
I love a good technical manual.

What do you think of the Tardis being a tessaract wihin a texture, a 3D cosmological defect like a cosmic string?

If nothing else, to have the Doctor exclaim "Defect!?"
Warning, a rather lengthy reply to follow... TARDIS LEVELS: Think of the TARDIS that looks like a molecule model, or Atom. It's rings with Domes all circling around the central engine, and eye of harmony. As with the Prometheus planetary map concept from the movie, whereby the 3D graphic shows orbital paths, and planets rotating. In the TARDIS, these paths would represent the corridors, which can move and spin to connect with different sections around an orbit relative to the main section. each room is either connected to the corridor, or separately floating in this limbo until needed. The TARDIS can create more rooms, and attach them to the corridors at will, or delete a room, converting the matter (a flux state of matter) into energy and feed it directly back into the main engines. These rings and rooms each represent a specific floor. as the TARDIS grows in scale, new rings are formed spiraling out to the next floor and rings surrounding the previous floor and rings, and central engines. Think of the TARDIS to use the analogy coined by Shrek the cartoon character.. The TARDIS is like an onion. It's many spherical layers swirling downward and outward to form it's interior. The difference between a Tesseract, and a separate Bubble dimension is that in a Tesseract you have one space, which is being supplanted by another space as you move within it. It's like being in the Holodeck on the enterprise. It's an illusion that you are moving in a larger space, but in reality you are still in the single room. In the Tesseract, you are in the same spot relative to space, however your room is being supplanted by another as you stroll in. In the Case of the TARDIS, and according to Dr. Michio Kaku as noted in the Doctor who 7th series special, the Technology of Doctor Who, Dr. Kaku explains how the TARDIS is clearly a separate bubble universe off and yet still connected to our universe. This data falls in line with the Eye of Harmony, and the episode where the Doctor goes to a bubble Universe that is slowly collapsing to save an alien there which moves extremely fast, and is grotesquely humanoid. The Doctor explains that such a reality will collapse because it does not have an infinite source of power to sustain it. Which is exactly what the TARDIS has. In this manner you can extrapolate that a bubble universe would not have a set up-or down, nor would it have it's own gravity, or laws of physics except that upon which it's whole existence is determined by the set of mathematical principles set out in it's initial formation. Since it is made from our universe, certain principles will apply, however since it is cut off from our linear time, the principles that govern time in that Bubble of Quantum Foam, would need direction, hence the Time Column, and allocation of time which expands space within the bubble and allows multiple forms of existence within, on a 3D scale, and multiple rooms out of time and sync with other sections. Anyhow, back to the Levels description. As the corridors spiral out to different rooms, and some are static, remaining in place, some are orbiting and moving according to the Psychic needs of the pilot and crew. In some cases the ship's corridors can manifest additional pathways as short cuts to other sections, or gravity well lifts to other corridors, or some domes are actually junction nexuses which have places where corridors and rooms can intersect in one place, and then lead out to other sections. As you move higher in the spherical layers you ascend to another floor or level of the ship. As you descend in these spherical layers you get closer to the center of the TARDIS, where as noted by the Doctor in the episode Big Bang, River song was in the center of the spherical exploding TARDIS held suspended in Time. this would denote that the Main Console room is close to the Main engine section, and would fit with my assertion that the default bulk of the ship is in the middle of a spherical format. The eye of Harmony is off the central engines, and as you get closer to the middle of the ship, the Dimensional pressures become more pronounced, and give one the state of euphoric impressions, and such. Form the most part, the TARDIS rooms, and pool and such exist in the outer main rings or main floor, where the sections closest to the Main engine and Power Room, are connected to the "Bowels" of the TARDIS and considered the lower floors or decks as an inner set of rings. each room has it's own gravity orientated to the ship's direction. Each dome as it is , can adjust internally to the motions of the rings, and orbits around the central section. An example of this would be a spherical compass set in water. as you twist the outer clear ball, the inside remains level because of the pull of the Earth's gravity. as these domes orbit and connect to their corridors and such they too can adjust internally as it's outer validium shell moves to connect to it's respective corridor when needed. These connections become firm, once a layout is chosen after restructuring the ship's interior. However other Domes can be detached and ejected when not needed. some domes and corridor connections to these are dimensional link junctions, which connect that junction to another dome junction which can take you instantly from one section of the ship, to one of the higher levels, instantly arriving at another part of the ship, where normally it would take you days or weeks to get to. These junctions are few in nature because too many would destabilize the interior dimension. imagine if real space was plagued with nothing but mini wormholes all over the place, that would have a detrimental effect on our solar system, and universe. in the Type 4o Tardis these junctions are present only a few areas, but are inactive until needed by the pilot or crew, this is to cut down on Dimensional instability.
Old April 13 2014, 07:35 PM   #34
starsuperion
Captain

The Eye of Harmony is serviced on two sides by what looks like energy converters, and temporal field generators which probably feedback the energy to the eye of harmony's statis halo, which holds it outside of time, keeping it in a constant state. In my Compendium, and my thinking in regards to the TARDIS is that the energy used for the stability of the bubble universe comes directly from the eye of harmony, and is used for that, and the architectural reconfiguration systems exclusively. As for the movement of the ship, and secondary power source is needed, because stability of the bubble universe takes most of the infinite source of power. The Eye of Harmony is an infinite source of power.. NOT an infinite distributor of power. That is to say the energy needed to provide the artificial universe the Ship exists in is there, but the output is not necessarily high enough to spare to all of the ship's functions, which would make sense, which is why the doctor would need the dynamorphic generators and a 2nd power source to charge the engines up, like rift energy, once the direct link and power line from the original Eye of Harmony was lost after the Time War. that extra power was probably fed directly to the copy eye, and syphoned off to power the engines in addition to the additional power generators. Once that additional power source was lost, an alternative had to be found to open the engines to and soak up to be used to travel.
Old April 13 2014, 09:53 PM   #35
publiusr
Commodore

I love your take. I had this idea that it was rather like a Mandelbrot set into a brane, and like a haunted house, could extend and change. You've kicked it up a notch, and your diagrams feel right.

Now, we saw the Tardis eject portions of itself (House, once with the 5th Doctor)

You might want to touch on that.
Old April 15 2014, 04:48 AM   #36
starsuperion
Captain

I love your take. I had this idea that it was rather like a Mandelbrot set into a brane, and like a haunted house, could extend and change. You've kicked it up a notch, and your diagrams feel right.

Now, we saw the Tardis eject portions of itself (House, once with the 5th Doctor)

You might want to touch on that.

I remember that! I need to rewatch that episode.. It was supposed to be the one after Logopolis I believe..correct?
Old April 16 2014, 08:22 PM   #37
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Castrovalva, yes. Arguably the most extensive use of an actual TARDIS *set* that didn't leverage actual locations with garbage bags taped over the windows, from the original series. And I'm counting "The Edge of Destruction".

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2014, 10:25 PM   #38
starsuperion
Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Castrovalva, yes. Arguably the most extensive use of an actual TARDIS *set* that didn't leverage actual locations with garbage bags taped over the windows, from the original series. And I'm counting "The Edge of Destruction".

Mark
I have never seen the Edge of Destruction! What it said in the wiki was it is set entirely in the TARDIS! I have to watch that now! Thanks Mark!

As boring as that sounds, It is good to watch those episodes as they help me with my TARDIS research, so to me the inside of the ship episodes are very exciting!

You know people who complain about episodes set entirely in the TARDIS, and who are Trek fans, I mean.. how much of the TREK episodes are set entirely on their ships??
Old April 17 2014, 09:44 PM   #39
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Not counting the holodeck?

I've greatly enjoyed your work and I'm a little surprised you never saw "Edge"..! It should help flesh out a few things if the rest of your research hasn't already accounted for it. It was REALLY early on in the series, but it showed more of what the TARDIS looked like before the Doctor arguably got real experience with the universe, which could color subsequent iterations of the ship.

My view on what a TARDIS is, versus what it looks like, is that it's essentially a big box of Lego with which the operator can build whatever they want to internally AND externally. Sure, it comes with a big instruction manual detailing what it SHOULD look like as a default, and it even comes built in one way. But as with all things Lego, you can easily start tinkering with it, shifting blocks around and making it your own - heck, you can even lose pieces. Subsequent models of TARDIS are like the more modern Lego sets; new pieces and others that perform more specialized tasks or doing the same thing in new and interesting ways, but not taking away from the inherent customizability of the basic blocks.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 08:36 PM   #40
starsuperion
Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Not counting the holodeck?

I've greatly enjoyed your work and I'm a little surprised you never saw "Edge"..! It should help flesh out a few things if the rest of your research hasn't already accounted for it. It was REALLY early on in the series, but it showed more of what the TARDIS looked like before the Doctor arguably got real experience with the universe, which could color subsequent iterations of the ship.

My view on what a TARDIS is, versus what it looks like, is that it's essentially a big box of Lego with which the operator can build whatever they want to internally AND externally. Sure, it comes with a big instruction manual detailing what it SHOULD look like as a default, and it even comes built in one way. But as with all things Lego, you can easily start tinkering with it, shifting blocks around and making it your own - heck, you can even lose pieces. Subsequent models of TARDIS are like the more modern Lego sets; new pieces and others that perform more specialized tasks or doing the same thing in new and interesting ways, but not taking away from the inherent customizability of the basic blocks.

Mark
Your lego analogy is quite astute. Only in place of the legos, change them to particles and your pretty bang on!
Old April 20 2014, 08:37 PM   #41
starsuperion
Captain

The Nature of a TARDIS: Time Allocation

Time wave particles are like the boss of the universe. The data we receive from these particles becomes our reality.

Data and light are shared from one particle to the next generating a wave.

Light does not actually travel. It is always copied across time wave particles at the same speed “C” relative to each object.

Planets spin and balance like they do because of time waves not the warping of space-time
Every instant of time always exists; there is no beginning or end. We receive data from particles and perceive this as flowing through time. We are always subject to the data we receive to tell us what our reality is. Tomorrow is just as real as yesterday and they both have always existed in eternity.

The speed of data and light being shared/copied across time wave particles is 186,000 miles per second (what we call the speed of light) relative to each object. This creates the illusion the light is moving at 186,000 miles per second. If an observer speeds up the reflection process also speeds up so the observer will always see light (and experience data) at the 186,000 miles per second. The light is still right in front of us but now under several layers of new data/light.

It is impossible to see an object move faster than the speed of light.

We will never be able to receive the data/light faster than the reflection or sharing across time wave particles.

In the universe there is a balance between forces that creates a rest.

To keep this balance the universe needs a push and pull force generated by time waves. This push and pull by time waves keeps the planets in their place and generates a spin.

The force of returning data compacting in a time wave causes gravity. The more data an object has returning to it the greater it will experience gravity. Gravity will be greater closer to the object because the data will be most compact.

one time particle can move instantaneously from one point to another. Why?
Because time particles are the singularity of time and there is no time lag to slow down one single particle. You see, time particles make up all of matter, energy and space. Not matter, energy nor space will slow down time. So, one time particle can move from the tip of my finger to the center of the next galaxy in a mere instant. The concept of instantaneousness is within the structure of time so we can use it to describe it's fastest movement......Of course, it doesn't have to move that fast, it just can.

What does a t.p.,(time particle) look like....Well, you wouldn't believe it. A t.p. looks kind of like an hour glass. An hour glass is generally made up of two cones. One of the
cones sits on top of the other one, and they are connected at the small ends. The t.p. has actually three components. The two cones, attached at the small ends, and the time particle band which wraps around the small ends to hold the two cones together. This very important shape gives the time particle its great characteristics. So, now you know what a time particle looks like.

What does it do? Well, it usually looks for another time particle to hook up with. Lets say that there is a floating t.p. on your left and another one floating on your right. They begin to draw toward each other. Bam! They connect and energy is released. But, how they connect is very important. They can connect in one of three ways. These two will connect at the large ends of each t.p.. So, the result looks like two hour glasses, one sitting atop the other. This creates a new type of thing, if you will, or a new element. Two time particles together move very fast, but not as fast as one does. Now, there is a small time lag which will slow these two particles as they move through the
universe. They may take an hour to move from the tip of my finger to the next galaxy instead of moving instantly. That is still really fast, though.

Let us continue with three time particles coming together. Now this new element looks like three hour glasses sitting atop each other. It begins to form a string. It moves slower than the two particle element but it still moves like the dickens. It may take seven hours to move to the center of the next galaxy. Four t.p. in a string moves slower than three.... and so on.

What happens, though, when ten time particles form in a string? Light! Yes, light. Ten time particles in a string create one photon, one light particle. That means one time particle is one tenth of a photon. So, ten time particles in a string move at the speed of light. Nine particles move a little faster because there is less of a time lag, less to get in the way of it's speed. Therefore, there are nine other things, or elements, faster than the speed of light. One time particle, by itself, being the fastest.

What would happen, though, if these ten time didn't attach themselves in a string but in a stack? Picture each t.p., one by one, attaching themselves in a stack, like Lincoln Logs, for you old timers. That is, as if each hour glass would rest on the side of each other in a crisscross manner, as logs are assembled on top of each other in a cabin. This stacking effect would make the elements very strong and solid. Two t.p. stacked on each other would be less solid than three...and so on...What would you get with ten time particles in a stack? Gravity! Yes, one graviton, or one gravity particle. Does it move as fast as a photon? Yes. Because it has as many time particles as does a photon. Then, gravity moves as fast as light because they have the same number of time particles.

How about electromagnetic energy? Yes, it moves as fast a light and gravity. The time particles in em. are not in a string or a stack but in a circle. There are ten time particles in a unit of electromagnetism and they are connected end to end, as in the photon, but instead of a string, they create a circle. So, what kind of force would be created if
only nine t.p. were in a circle?

Let's talk about anti-time particles and what they can do. It seems as though everything in the universe has an opposite. Light and dark, up and down, good and evil are examples of that. Well, time must have it's opposite. Negative time doesn't sound quite right as it doesn't oppose time exactly. That's why anti-time sounds correct. It opposes all of time, whatever form it is in.

So, how do anti-time particles act? Do they actually react to time particles or do they exist in a non participating way by ignoring regular time particles? I believe they do both. Sometimes anti-time does react to time, in an aggressive manner, and sometimes it doesn't. The two particles create a reaction that produces huge amounts of energy, space and matter. This reaction disrupts the regular flow of time, for at least a moment.

The anti-time particles have the same components as the time particle. The three components are the two cones attached at their small ends with a band holding the two cones in place.

So, the anti-time particle can move at the same speeds as the time particle...Ten anti-time particles in a string reacting to ten time particles in a string would wrap themselves around each other as in a twisted braid. It would be a light/anti-light reaction. Controlling this reaction would entail unwrapping the two strings but keeping them
close together. With this, you could control all of light energy.

Ten anti-time particles in a stack reacting to ten time particles in a stack would create a gravity/anti-gravity reaction. The two stacks would constantly move with each other. One moment they would be in a parallel line, and the next moment they would be crisscross. So, to control this reaction would entail the stopping of this movement while
keeping the two stacks close. This would give you complete control of gravity...

Ten anti-time particles in a circle reacting to ten time particles in a circle would create a spinning effect. The two circles would spin rapidly within the same circle or sphere. Controlling this reaction would entail stopping the spin while keeping the two circles close. You would then have complete control of electromagnetism, the energy that holds matter together. This should be the base effect when working with a matter/anti-matter reaction.
Old April 21 2014, 05:37 AM   #42
starsuperion
Captain

this is interesting.. it states the universe may have TARDIS like qualities..if it does, it certainly makes it seem that the TARDIS is in a BUBBLE, no actually is the BUBBLE..sorry.. as I have surmised.

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/f9a65d6fe175
Old April 21 2014, 09:38 PM   #43
starsuperion
Captain

Here is a link to Cornell university's physics students work on the TARDIS as an actual physics model, which I found extremely useful in my understanding of the TARDIS dimensions. It is quite fascinating.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1310.7985v2.pdf

Also for those who prefer the simpler terminology, they put together a rather fun and easy to understand version using visual references from Doctor who. It is quite an enjoyable read, and will make what I have been saying make so much more sense.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1310.7983v1.pdf

Also, just for a heads up to you hard core fans following what I am working on, outside the Time Lord compendium and the initial TARDIS work, I have been working on a new Gray prints schematic (technically it is a blueprint model, but It should be quite amazing and more in line with the physics shown on those papers). It will explain so much and looks so much better then my initial Nature of the TARDIS balled up spheres and looped corridors. I do not believe the entire ship is nothing but spheres.. it doesn't convey a ship that is in a closed looped system and match the nature of the ship's internal structure from the show too much in my estimation.

but as an added bonus to all of you on this message board.. because you guys have been so supportive and quite open minded, I will be posting my work on here first before that Gray Prints/blueprint goes up on Deviant art. You get to see it first!!

I am so excited about this piece of work, Let me tell you guys, it will look so gooooood!! I am even considering having it done in a poster sized series of framed pictures to place up in my room at home! That is how amazing this is! It is of course based solely on the TYPE 40, and it's default configuration, and will be of the Hartnell design, and the wooden room secondary console room format. I had extra help from physicists with degrees, and very technical minded fans, even one who calls himself the "Time Lord Other" on deviant art, as My name is Time-Lord-Rassilon! That is amazing! Just need a person calling themselves Omega aka Peylix Altharisvunderlox, or Time-Lord-Altharis, Or Time-Lord-Peylix and we'd be all set to create our own little Time Lord Triad! although, considering Omega was lost before they actually created and succeeded in their time experiments, he couldn't really call himself a time lord..i guess..

next up will be to implode a sitting star out in Qqaba! LOL!

Cheers fellow Whovians! I look forward to showcasing the TARDIS Gray Prints to you all in the near future! I hope it wow's you socks off as it is doing mine! Ouch! watch out for hot pavement!
Old May 3 2014, 09:07 PM   #44
publiusr
Commodore

starsuperion wrote: View Post

I mean.. how much of the TREK episodes are set entirely on their ships??
The best episodes, like Balance of Terror and Doomsday Machine...
Old May 14 2014, 12:57 AM   #45
starsuperion
Captain

starsuperion wrote: View Post

I mean.. how much of the TREK episodes are set entirely on their ships??
The best episodes, like Balance of Terror and Doomsday Machine...
oh yea I loved those, especially balance of terror. Tho I did like the wink of an eye episode and the a rose by any other name as well.