Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old April 27 2014, 02:02 PM   #1051
Markonian
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Very interesting, I was very much looking forward to this set (particularly the Marauder) and the models are very nice, but as I mentioned before, I found the paint job on the Marauder to be a disappointment. On mine the "weathering" effect was very in-your-face. The body of the ship fades from the standard brown to almost white in the center and around the back. Was yours like this as well, or did I maybe get one that came off the line as the paint needed to be refilled?
Maybe photos could be posted to compare your marauder with others? That way, we could judge whether its substandard or not.
Old April 27 2014, 02:16 PM   #1052
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Yes, it appears so. It's listed as available in the UK and USA.
I thought that they had shown that they had made Enterprise-E but I don't see it listed.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 03:42 AM   #1053
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

For those who got these models which one is your favourite and least favourite models?.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 10:56 AM   #1054
Kpnuts
Commodore

Favourites: NX-01, Enterprise-D, Akira, Miranda, Constellation
Least favourite: Enterprise Refit

I also don't like how small the Excelsior is, but other than that it's so far a really excellent collection.
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 08:42 PM   #1055
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

The Miranda is definitely the best so far, but I keep on poring over the Nova and Akira again and again-- they're the first ships in the series I've never held a physical copy of before, and they're well-constructed to boot. I also really like the K't'inga, the D'deridex, and the NX-01.
Old April 28 2014, 10:51 PM   #1056
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Yanks wrote: View Post
Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
Anybody in the US got their Equinox and Marauder yet?
Yup Johnny, got mine last week.

VERY impressed. This might be the best pair yet.
Very interesting, I was very much looking forward to this set (particularly the Marauder) and the models are very nice, but as I mentioned before, I found the paint job on the Marauder to be a disappointment. On mine the "weathering" effect was very in-your-face. The body of the ship fades from the standard brown to almost white in the center and around the back. Was yours like this as well, or did I maybe get one that came off the line as the paint needed to be refilled?
Sounds like you got a bad Marauder. I'd request a replacement. The body should be a solid orange, with all other paint highlights over that.

Actually the problem I had with the Marauder was with its stand and mounting position. It's supposed to go around the rear hull (big part) but slightly tilted back that way as well, so the model doesn't stay in it very well. So what I did is to mount it from the front end which lets the big rear hang down a bit into the typical Angle of Attack that most other models have. The model doesn't quite fit into the stand that way, but it works well enough that it does work. Can't believe Eaglemoss didn't design it that way.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 11:07 PM   #1057
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

The Marauder stand is by far the worst so far, in many ways.

My favorite ships? The whole series is very high quality so it's hard to decide, but the standouts would be: Enterprise-D, Akira, Nova and K'Tinga. The worst would have to be Excelsior. It's so tiny that there's almost no room for details. Which sucks because I love the Excelsior-class. Another one I'm not thrilled with is Voyager. The detailing on the top of the saucer is very soft. Again, I love the Intrepid-class, so I was hoping for more.
Toxteth O´Grady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 11:07 PM   #1058
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Mr Pointy Ears wrote: View Post
For those who got these models which one is your favourite and least favourite models?.
Favorite models? Definately the Miranda. Just an outstanding model, from the way the nacelles hang, to the weapons pod beam across the top. Akira is nice too. But not enough hard lines to really be all that unique. Surprisingly, the Nova is a really nice model. Being a smaller class ship, being blown up to a larger scale relative to this model series, one can actually appreciate the style of the ship. The Dominion Battlescruiser isn't bad either. Nice styling...just wished they went with the darker prototype paint scheme. The Klingon BoP is pretty nice as well. Very nice paint job on it. The K'Tiinga is a nice model, but I wished they had went with the Kronos One paint job as shown in the magazine. The Excelsior would have been pretty cool had it been a bit bigger. The saucer should have been at least as big as the Enterprise-Refit, if not as big as the Reliant.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 11:39 PM   #1059
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Yanks wrote: View Post

Yup Johnny, got mine last week.

VERY impressed. This might be the best pair yet.
Sounds like you got a bad Marauder. I'd request a replacement. The body should be a solid orange, with all other paint highlights over that.

Actually the problem I had with the Marauder was with its stand and mounting position. It's supposed to go around the rear hull (big part) but slightly tilted back that way as well, so the model doesn't stay in it very well. So what I did is to mount it from the front end which lets the big rear hang down a bit into the typical Angle of Attack that most other models have. The model doesn't quite fit into the stand that way, but it works well enough that it does work. Can't believe Eaglemoss didn't design it that way.
Sorry to hear about the stand thing... I haven't taken any of my models out of the "box". Waiting till I have a suitable place to put them.

But I agree. It sounds like our friend here got one with a bad paint job.
Old April 29 2014, 12:14 AM   #1060
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Favorites: Equinox, Jem'Hadar, DS9. I love anything we don't have six of already, lol. I could literally not ever buy another E-D, Bird of Prey, Miranda-Class, so on and so forth, for all time and be happy.

Waiting for more first-time ships. Those are the reason I signed up!

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 12:40 AM   #1061
Kpnuts
Commodore

A few extra pics of the Constellation Class...

If anyone has any requests for any other ships in the collection they'd like pics of just say so.

I'm trying to figure out if I prefer the look of these or the ones on the previous page I took without the black background
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 05:14 PM   #1062
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Great, thanks. I just wanted to check if it was an overall issue with the model, or I just got a bad one. (Sorry for the lack of pictures for those that asked).

I contacted Eaglemoss and they're sending out a replacement.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 06:27 PM   #1063
Tarheel
Lieutenant

View Tarheel's Twitter Profile

mswood wrote: View Post
Calling Eaglemoss tomorrow to bump me forward to match the rest of the US. So in two to three weeks will be getting 6 models, it will be like Christmas.
I was wondering if Eaglemoss would do this, as I would love to catch up. Were they able to fulfill your request?
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 07:07 PM   #1064
Sans
Lieutenant

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I prefer the look of these or the ones on the previous page I took without the black background
I really like the black background.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 07:14 PM   #1065
Markonian
Captain

Great, thanks. I just wanted to check if it was an overall issue with the model, or I just got a bad one. (Sorry for the lack of pictures for those that asked).

I contacted Eaglemoss and they're sending out a replacement.
If you are allowed to keep the faulty D'Kora, I'd suggest to tuck it away safely. In a few years, you could sell this unique model to a collector.