RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,720
Posts: 5,432,373
Members: 24,836
Currently online: 632
Newest member: crazycornuts

TrekToday headlines

Episode Four of The Red Shirt Diaries
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Star Trek: The Compendium Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 26 2014, 01:00 PM   #31
Lance
Commodore
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Location: The Enterprise's Restroom
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
It's not surprising why girls love Unicorns, so much, when they poop precious gems and fart glitter.
To be honest, if I ever found myself pooping precious gems and farting glitter, I'd see it as a reason to book a visit to my doctor.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2014, 03:34 PM   #32
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

The large phallic symbol on the horse's forehead doesn't hurt.



T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 09:51 AM   #33
Beyerstein
Captain
 
Beyerstein's Avatar
 
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

An end to the NuTimeline.
Beyerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 10:44 AM   #34
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
"Hi, my name's Captain Braxton and I'm here to fix the timeline!"

__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 05:44 PM   #35
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
Just as St: Eleven began with a "split,"
ST: Thirteen will end with a "merge."

Maybe something similar to the end of the episode The Year of Hell where something big and flashy happens (it is a JJ Abrams movie) and the next thing we see it a TOS style Enterprise sailing through the suddenly peaceful universe with a voice over by Kirk indicating they're on a routine mission and all is well.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 07:22 PM   #36
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
Just as St: Eleven began with a "split,"
ST: Thirteen will end with a "merge."

Maybe something similar to the end of the episode The Year of Hell where something big and flashy happens (it is a JJ Abrams movie) and the next thing we see it a TOS style Enterprise sailing through the suddenly peaceful universe with a voice over by Kirk indicating they're on a routine mission and all is well.

Dear God, I hope not.

I want as few "nods" to other Trek as possible. If there must be some, keep it simple like "the Mudd incident" (though even that seemed a bit forced) or drop a few familiar place names into a conversation. No need for anything obvious.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 08:43 PM   #37
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
"Hi, my name's Captain Braxton and I'm here to fix the timeline!"

Unlikely...there's no way that Braxton and company could even know about this timeline in the first place, since the black hole that took Spock Prime and Nero there was strictly one-way. (That's why the new timeline didn't overwrite the old.)
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2014, 09:40 PM   #38
Enterprise1701
Captain
 
Enterprise1701's Avatar
 
Location: Sol III, Sector 001, 2014 C.E.
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
"Hi, my name's Captain Braxton and I'm here to fix the timeline!"

Unlikely...there's no way that Braxton and company could even know about this timeline in the first place, since the black hole that took Spock Prime and Nero there was strictly one-way. (That's why the new timeline didn't overwrite the old.)
Why not? 29th century temporal sensors seem to be able to detect temporal events native to that era, such as the alternate 2390 Harry Kim's intervention in "Timeless". The Relativity's crew probably detected a temporal signature in with the artificial black hole but realized that since nothing changed for them that the Jellyfish and Narada must have undergone one-way travel. Plus, the TIC has had 5 centuries more experience than the TNG era Starfleet. Since that time there's probably been at least 1 incident where some madman stole Starfleet equipment and traveled back in time but Starfleet realized that they were safe because the madman accidentally initiated one-way travel.
Enterprise1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 01:40 AM   #39
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Why not? 29th century temporal sensors seem to be able to detect temporal events native to that era, such as the alternate 2390 Harry Kim's intervention in "Timeless".
But that was time travel that occurred in only one timeline - one part of it to another part of it.

The Abramsverse, on the other hand, is entirely separate and distinct. The black hole that took Nero and Spock there was strictly one-way. It transmitted no information back to the regular timeline. That's why there's no way the timecops could possibly know about it.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 02:39 AM   #40
Enterprise1701
Captain
 
Enterprise1701's Avatar
 
Location: Sol III, Sector 001, 2014 C.E.
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Why not? 29th century temporal sensors seem to be able to detect temporal events native to that era, such as the alternate 2390 Harry Kim's intervention in "Timeless".
But that was time travel that occurred in only one timeline - one part of it to another part of it.

The Abramsverse, on the other hand, is entirely separate and distinct. The black hole that took Nero and Spock there was strictly one-way. It transmitted no information back to the regular timeline. That's why there's no way the timecops could possibly know about it.
I guess your interpretation is reasonable. I, however, believe that any quantum phenomenon has to generate some kind of observable temporal signature. After all, any humanoid present at the artificial black hole would have been able visually observe the black hole.
Enterprise1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 02:51 PM   #41
Phasers to stun
Cadet
 
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

First, I'd like the cold opening to be a scene from an early on TOS episode. Maybe a digest version of the last 2 acts of Balance of Terror, though it would be kind of tough to speed up the tension from that episode and not to mention a little sacrilegious.

Then during the opening credits they can do some quick cuts of episodes from the original run. A quick shot of Kirk and a Gorn, Spock with a goatee, the Enterprise firing on The Doomsday Machine, etc...

After the credits you can do a quick mention of Janice Lester and then start a whole new story set during TOS' 4th season.

Oh, another thing I'd like to see is a little wear and tear on the Enterprise. She's been out there a few years so let it show. I'd liked Voyager but to me not dirtying her was a big drop of the ball.
Phasers to stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 03:51 PM   #42
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Beyerstein wrote: View Post
An end to the NuTimeline.
"Hi, my name's Captain Braxton and I'm here to fix the timeline!"

Unlikely...there's no way that Braxton and company could even know about this timeline in the first place, since the black hole that took Spock Prime and Nero there was strictly one-way. (That's why the new timeline didn't overwrite the old.)

If they can scan time like 24th century Trekkers scan space, and view all these timelines effortlessly, there's definitely room for them to find out about the Abramsverse if the writers want them to.

Not that I think they will. Although I guess that choice central to ST3's plot which co-writer J.D. Payne was talking about could be whether to restore the Prime history or not (despite what was said after ST'09 came out, they have ample wiggle room to change their minds and say it was overwritten if they want). It would certainly be a very Trek-centric plot for a 50th anniversary special and one which fans would have very passionate feelings for or against.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 07:08 PM   #43
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

I'd kinda like to see them adapt "The Enterprise Incident" as a teaser. Though I'm torn as to who should play Charvanek (the Romulan commander in that ep). Perhaps the same actress who played the mother from HIMYM?
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 02:32 PM   #44
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Police State
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Spock Prime should go to the Nexus and the last scene should be him hanging out with the "echo" of Kirk Prime.
__________________
"Your advertising's just dandy. Folks'd never guess you ain't got a thing to sell."
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 02:35 AM   #45
Spockkirk
Lieutenant
 
Location: USA
Re: Random stuff like to see in ST3

Here is what I would like to see:

Kirk, Spock and McCoy with a deeper friendship

Spock looking after Kirk and helping him through PTSD

McCoy and Spock banter

Sulu and Chevo scenes

Scotty scenes

Khan coming back maybe?
Spockkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.