Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 18 2014, 04:29 PM   #151
selina
Fleet Captain

Re: The X-Files - First Time Watching

Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation.
That ^ became a classic line somehow. I bet most X-File fans could tell from which episode this line is. Having said that, I always liked this dialogue the most:

Clyde Bruckman: You're looking down. You stepped in a pie that's fallen to the floor. The killer comes up to you and... coconut cream.
Mulder: What?
Clyde Bruckman: The pie... eh, coconut cream, or, is it lemon meringue? I don't know, it's... not sure, it's, it's hazy. As long as you're looking down, he comes up with the knife and... banana cream! Definitely banana cream.
Yeah, I'm definitely getting nostalgic here.
selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 07:57 AM   #152
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Did X Files do ripped from the Headlines episodes that featured a monster of the week? The reason I ask is because I watched 2Shy tonight and it felt like an episode based on the news of the time, how people were worried about meeting other folks through online services because they could be stalkers. This episode was rather creepy and did a good job with that theme. Also, I was trying to think who did I see that actor before and he played Hobson on TNG. The final scene with him and Scully was the best part of the entire episode. Scully has done a lot more ass kicking this season than in Season 2. That's always a good thing.
Old February 19 2014, 02:27 PM   #153
Forbin
Admiral

Yeah, they did an episode on "dark matter" at the time dark matter was first discovered (or postulated), only they ignored science and completely made up their own spooky idea of what dark matter was, and had a guy with a "dark matter" shadow that sucked people into it. That was one of their sillier premises.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2014, 05:55 AM   #154
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Robbiesan wrote: View Post
Ms Anderson actually has/had a bawdy sense of humor. Sometime watch the gag reel from those seasons and you'll see a hysterical gag she and Mulder cooked up in an elevator. I don't think I can get away with a youtube clip of it as it's really naughty.

In real life, it's obvious that their friendship goes deep...so much that they might be dating.
Oh heck yea. I think I might know of which clip you're talking about . A lot from the first season were just downright . Stuff that would make almost anyone blush .

Nah. They're just friends. There's nothing wrong with two people who get along and joke like that . Heck they even did a couple of the cons together last year. It's a damn shame FOX stalled for so long, because those two still have it .

Was a fan back in the day, since season 3. Finally got the series on DVD awhile back. Man I love this show, warts and all . Moose and Squirrel still kick ass. Even like the second movie, for the most part.

Old February 20 2014, 08:39 PM   #155
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

Re: your avatar, Random_Spock, "action Scully". I likes, I likes.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 02:34 AM   #156
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

gblews wrote: View Post
Re: your avatar, Random_Spock, "action Scully". I likes, I likes.
Thanks gblews . It took me a bit to find a good cap of that scene.
Old February 27 2014, 07:46 AM   #157
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Oubliette

I've been neglecting X-Files for a while but finally saw one tonight. I was not prepared for how emotional, powerful, and downright disturbing (on a psychological level) that episode was. This was the one where a little girl (Jewel Streit, way before Keylee, even though she hadn't aged that much between roles) is abducted, and that abduction affects another girl miles alway, kind of like an empathic link. I didn't really get how or why they were linked (if anyone knows the episode, could you clarify that) but it almost didn't seem to matter if it helped this wonderful story.

Dechovny was absolutely incredible here, being kind of the sarrogate between Amy and Lucy. There are times when you can see just the FBI Agent or the crazy insane person who believes in Aliens, but here he was a human being showing compassion to someone who really needed it.

This episode also hits home to so many child abduction cases, not just those before 1995, but everyone since. There are times when I think the Death Penalty is warranted, and child abduction, rape, molestation are a few of those instances.

This episode really hit me in a powerful way, and it's a top 5 episode so far. I have a feeling it will stay in the top 5 when all is said and done.
Old March 1 2014, 07:20 PM   #158
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Nisei/731

Watched the next part of the Mythological arc last night and while it was good, I don't think it was as great as the arc that opened the season. It was nice to know where they took Scully during the Abduction, but I was a little disappointed that the whole Alien Abduction was a smokescreen (Or so this episode told us) and it kind of brings us back to the theme of season 1 of if you believe in something so strongly, the things you witness might just be scenes you want to see or they want you to see. That's pretty much what these episodes are. Mulder sees what looks like Aliens and they are only just lepers that were part of the WWII experiment. These episodes kind of served as another story in the whole Alien thing, and not getting everything so quickly.

I did like X in these episodes though. Maybe it was we finally got to see him do something, weather it was telling Mulder not to board the train or saving Mulder at the end.

Overall, I'm not saying these episodes were bad, because they were very good, but it almost felt like misdirection and another layer to this arc which is already pretty big.
Old March 10 2014, 06:46 AM   #159
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

War of the Coprophages & Syzygy

I'm not sure how much I'm going to talk about these episodes, but I wanted to bring this thread back just to say I'm still watching the series, but I've been sick and busy lately and haven't gotten around to it. It seems like Sunday Nights are the best nights for these episodes (Not much else is on that I'm interested in) but also, I still want this thread to continue, even if I passed some really cool episodes and I was the only one to bring them up. Honestly, I thought there was more of an X-Files following here but maybe not.

Anyway, these two episodes were X-Files goes crazy. One deals with mechanical Cockroaches, and the other deals with Planets aligning and everyone acting crazy. The episodes did have two things in common though, and that was Mulder getting a bit of a love interest making Scully jealous, and the theme of mob mentality (We really haven't changed much in 20 years, unfortunately ) taking center stage. Also, both episodes brought out a bit of humor, with the first episode working more than the second episode did. I will say though, these two episodes makes me wish we had another Mythological episode coming up. The recent two parter kind of turned things inside out that I'm looking forward to some kind of follow through.
Old March 10 2014, 02:05 PM   #160
Forbin
Admiral

Bobbie Phillips.
*sigh*
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 12:39 AM   #161
selina
Fleet Captain

"War of the Coprophages" certainly had one of the best endings ever . But personally I liked "Syzygy" better. I loved the banter between Mulder and Scully. And the scene in which they fight over who gets to drive the car was actually a hint to the fans. Apparently fans were complaining about Mulder always being the driver when the series was still on.

I wanted to comment about the other episodes, too, but it somehow slipped my mind. I remember that I saw a video in which Carter said that "Oubliette" had some parallels to a real abduction case - although not on purpose. But the fact that there is very little supernatural going on about the abduction itself makes the whole episode very real... and very creepy. The binding between the kidnapped girl and Lucy almost ruined it for me. Almost .

As far as the mythological episodes are concerned I am not a huge fan of them, but in season 3 they are at least still halfway decent. I found it very weird that all women from the abduction group still had their implants. But the part with the bomb was really great.

Mulder sees what looks like Aliens and they are only just lepers that were part of the WWII experiment.
I don't remember that. I thought it was not properly cleared up and left to the imagination of the viewer whether or not the alien was actually a real alien.
selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 06:24 AM   #162
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

It's been a while, but I'm still watching X-Files and still in Season 3. I've been busy (And there's a lot of shows that I'm watching now, which makes me think I need to cut back) lately but I'm still trying to get through the series. Overall, I've really liked this season, even though it's been a long time watching. I liked the recent Two parter: Piper Maru and Apocrypha, or the introduction of the black goo. It's been a while, but the last thing I remember about these episodes was Krychek being left inside the silo. Because it has been a while I need to read up on previous episodes to refresh myself on the story, since it seems like this season is where this mythological story kind of spirals a little bigger than even the show can handle.

I actually just saw the next episode tonight, Pusher, which was really disturbing. Loved the actor who played Pusher, and it was a good psychokinesis story, something The X-Files is good at.

It's slow going, but I'm still watching and enjoying the series. I will finish season 3 eventually.
Old April 24 2014, 01:28 PM   #163
The Laughing Vulcan
Admiral

I too am still with the X-Files rewatch. I'm now up to Season 7, and with Season 6 onwards, it's been the first time I've seen the episodes since they were originally broadcast. So for some of them, it's like watching them for the first time.

It's probably a spoiler, but a vague enough one, but best go as far as Season 6 on your first time watch and leave it there.

Anime @ MyReviewer
The Laughing Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2014, 08:40 PM   #164
Marsden
Commander

I'm up to the middle of the 3rd season. I couldn't believe how much of the first season I missed rewathching them now. (amazon had the whole 9 seasons + both movies for $89.00, so whee!)

I'm enjoying seeing your posts. I watched pretty faithfully back in the 3rd season, apparently, but there's been plenty I forgot. And it's really strange. I watched the pilot episode and the only scene I remembered was the very last with CSM putting the implant in the evidence box, but then they repeated it almost verbatim at the end of the season, so maybe that's when I remembered it.

I'm really enjoying it much more now than I did then, but then I don't have to worry about the network moving it around on me now, either.
Old May 6 2014, 08:47 PM   #165
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
I actually just saw the next episode tonight, Pusher, which was really disturbing. Loved the actor who played Pusher, and it was a good psychokinesis story, something The X-Files is good at.
Loved Pusher. One of my favorite X-Files. The cat and mouse game between Pusher and Mulder was great. One of a very small group of the standalones which got a sequel.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote