RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,182
Posts: 5,435,758
Members: 24,947
Currently online: 599
Newest member: CaptainJaymez

TrekToday headlines

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 20 2014, 12:44 AM   #1846
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:05 AM   #1847
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I always thought it was a disembodied voice, implying that Xavier was communicating with Moira telepathically.

But yeah, it's a pretty lame twist overall. Basically like what they did when they implanted Data's memories into B-4 in Nemesis.
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...which as we see in The Wolverine, they are. Thus making the whole film essentially pointless.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
No amount of explanation will make that whole thing seem less lame. Killing off Xavier like that just to up the stakes (and to try and get some emotional investment from people who were happy Scott got vaporised) was lazy at best. But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:12 AM   #1848
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I never said it wasn't lame...only that there was a link up thread where Singer talks about that specific scene. It also doesn't fully explain why there was apparently a SECOND Xavier body...unless Moira and Charles had cloning experiments going on. Personally I think it was Penn and Kinberg's homage to the Cassandra Nova arc.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 01:18 AM   #1849
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

From The Hollywood Reporter's write-up of Simon Kinberg's appearance at WonderCon:

"This and the Dark Phoenix are two most famous stories. We could have done better with the Dark Phoenix," Kinberg said, referring to the money-making but much-maligned X-Men Last Stand, which tried to adapt that storyline. "This is our attempt to right the wrongs [of] the past," he said.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 12:44 PM   #1850
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Police State
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Reverend wrote: View Post
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...
Technically not a stinger since it's right before the start of the end credits.

Reverend wrote: View Post
But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
For whatever reason I never got the impression that that scene meant his powers would necessarily come all the way back. I just thought he would have a slight vestige of his power from that point onward but no more than that.

Admiral_Young wrote:
It also doesn't fully explain why there was apparently a SECOND Xavier body...unless Moira and Charles had cloning experiments going on.
Supposedly a twin brother.

Admiral_Young wrote:
Personally I think it was Penn and Kinberg's homage to the Cassandra Nova arc.
I think Ratner indicated as much on the commentary.
__________________
Thank you very much for your concern, sir, but he does not need your religion, he has science and socialism and birthdays.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2014, 08:20 PM   #1851
Enterprise1701
Fleet Captain
 
Enterprise1701's Avatar
 
Location: Sol III, Sector 001, 2014 C.E.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 03:24 AM   #1852
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral
 
The Borgified Corpse's Avatar
 
Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Reverend wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
I always thought it was a disembodied voice, implying that Xavier was communicating with Moira telepathically.

But yeah, it's a pretty lame twist overall. Basically like what they did when they implanted Data's memories into B-4 in Nemesis.
Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...which as we see in The Wolverine, they are. Thus making the whole film essentially pointless.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.
No amount of explanation will make that whole thing seem less lame. Killing off Xavier like that just to up the stakes (and to try and get some emotional investment from people who were happy Scott got vaporised) was lazy at best. But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.
I don't know. I felt it was genuine at the time because, at the time, I honestly expected that X-Men: The Last Stand was going to be the last movie. I still suspect it would have been had it not made quite such a rediculous amount of money compared to the others.
__________________
Kegg: "You're a Trekkie. The capacity to quibble over the minutiae of space opera films is your birthright."
The Borgified Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 03:33 AM   #1853
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 04:44 AM   #1854
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral
 
Stevil2001's Avatar
 
Location: 2010
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I hope the X-Men have some lemonade at the ready.
__________________
"I don't like adventure. I'm a stay-at-home-and-read kind of guy."
Science's Less Accurate Grandmother
Stevil2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 01:45 AM   #1855
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Bryan Singer Drops Out Of 'X-Men' Publicity Amid Sexual Abuse Scandal

Wow, this thing is becoming a huge PR nightmare for FOX.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 03:40 AM   #1856
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral
 
bigboojeg's Avatar
 
Location: bbjeg
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
I would have posted some sooner but I was avoiding this thread. Even though I read the comic arch, and saw the 90's animated series version, I'm hitting that line of seeing too much before the movie.

Mark 1


Mark 10


Mark 10 with battle damage. It's skin reminds me of the Phalanx (X-Men).
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 11:19 AM   #1857
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Dream wrote: View Post
Bryan Singer Drops Out Of 'X-Men' Publicity Amid Sexual Abuse Scandal

Wow, this thing is becoming a huge PR nightmare for FOX.
And if the accusations aren't true, the accuser is in for a million dollars damage compensation lawsuit.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 10:25 PM   #1858
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

First reviews are starting to appear - this one is very spoilerific:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...f-mutants.html
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 11:00 PM   #1859
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral
 
bigboojeg's Avatar
 
Location: bbjeg
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?
I would have posted some sooner but I was avoiding this thread. Even though I read the comic arch, and saw the 90's animated series version, I'm hitting that line of seeing too much before the movie.

Mark 1


Mark 10


Mark 10 with battle damage. It's skin reminds me of the Phalanx (X-Men).
It seems shuffling the pictures in my TrekBBS albums knocked them out my posts.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 04:57 PM   #1860
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I've a feeling this story has inflated or misinterpreted a quote but then again Variety is pretty reliable on these things. They're reporting that Channing Tatum is confirmed for Gambit for AOA:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ch...en-1201179293/
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!

Last edited by Captaindemotion; May 13 2014 at 05:15 PM.
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
days of future past, wolverine, wolverine and the x-men, x-men

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.