RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,895
Posts: 5,476,922
Members: 25,050
Currently online: 471
Newest member: aloraptor

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 4 2014, 05:33 PM   #1
hux
Lieutenant Commander
 
hux's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Repression

This seemed like a perfect opportunity for a two parter.

Really enjoyed it (finally an episode where the Maquis take over the ship....feels a bit like the writers realised last minute that there was more fun to be had with a Maquis rebellion than they had first thought.....but it comes too late)

Sadly, the whole thing is spoiled by being a stand alone episode where everything is resolved in an almost ridiculously quick resolution....here, have a mind mind....oh everything's fine again

Definitely should have been a two parter with extended Maquis control and entertaining shenanigans

Thoughts
__________________
Kryton - Is this the human quality you call....friendship

Lister - Don't give me any of that Star Trek crap, its too early in the morning
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander
 
Isolinear's Avatar
 
Re: Repression

hux wrote: View Post
This seemed like a perfect opportunity for a two parter.

Really enjoyed it (finally an episode where the Maquis take over the ship....feels a bit like the writers realised last minute that there was more fun to be had with a Maquis rebellion than they had first thought.....but it comes too late)
Like you say, it came too late. It may have worked better as a Season 1 finale / cliffhanger. But right now, Repression is a pretty average (and silly) episode. Meh. Worst Case Scenario did the Maquis-rebellion thing a lot better.

And why did they suddenly wear those Maquis clothes again? Stoopid.

hux wrote: View Post
Sadly, the whole thing is spoiled by being a stand alone episode where everything is resolved in an almost ridiculously quick resolution....here, have a mind mind....oh everything's fine again

Definitely should have been a two parter with extended Maquis control and entertaining shenanigans
You've just described every single Voyager episode. Voyager and continuity? (I still love the show)
Isolinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 02:10 AM   #3
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Repression

An episode like that one might have made a good two parter, but not that one.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2014, 10:18 PM   #4
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: Repression

I thought it was fun, albeit very far fetched. I liked seeing the whole crew brainwashed by Tuvok, it was reminiscent of Sybok and the Enterprise crew.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Lord Manitou
Commander
 
Lord Manitou's Avatar
 
Location: Michigan
Re: Repression

They thought it was a good episode-but it wasn't.
Apparently most of the Marqui crew is mesmerized by a few chosen words.
Pagh Ten far B'Tanay
"This is a holy time. A primal energy recharges the blood."

To think Tuvok, Chakotay, and B'Ellana could be taken in because of a few shallow sentences is deceptive.
These represent a good percentage of Voyagers officer material and they were tougher than that.
__________________
Janeway #1: Think, people we need options.
Janeway #2: I agree captain.

http://voyagr-ep-memorys.com/
Lord Manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Repression

Lord Manitou wrote: View Post
They thought it was a good episode-but it wasn't.
Apparently most of the Marqui crew is mesmerized by a few chosen words.
Pagh Ten far B'Tanay
"This is a holy time. A primal energy recharges the blood."

To think Tuvok, Chakotay, and B'Ellana could be taken in because of a few shallow sentences is deceptive.
These represent a good percentage of Voyagers officer material and they were tougher than that.
They weren't "taken in" just by those sentences. The phrase was a trigger for a post-hypnotic suggestion. By itself the phrase means nothing, it was just a code that set things off.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 01:43 AM   #7
Melakon
Vice Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave, Ekos
Re: Repression

It's "The Manchurian Candidate" Voyager-style.
__________________
Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard: For duty and humanity! --Men in Black (1934)
Melakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.