Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 13 2014, 09:09 AM   #76
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

^No, he knows the Gravitonium is there. He believes Hall to be dead along with everyone else.
Old April 13 2014, 02:58 PM   #77
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Another possibility occurs. Remember that whole bit about how 087's deemed too dangerous were taken to the Slingshot to be shot into the sun? Just how many of those rockets do we suppose weren't actually carrying any payload? There's no telling what Hydra could have stockpiled over the decades. Hell, that may very well be where the blue "Guest" came from.

Also, wasn't the Sandbox facility where all the dangerous technology kept for study said to be in Africa and didn't someone say that Hydra had taken a major SHIELD facility in said continent?

It's pretty clear now why they set up several of these facilities in early episodes, as we now know where the scrambling for assets is going to take place.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 09:44 PM   #78
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Big question: Other non-Project Insight Helicarriers were still in service as of the start of The Winter Soldier, right? What's happened to them?

(Possibly, I should re-direct this question to either the TWS or AoS threads. If so advised, I'll do so.)
How many Helicarriers were there before Insight? I'd have to imagine these things don't come cheap. Is it possible there's just the original one seen in Avengers?
Old April 13 2014, 10:18 PM   #79
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Pennant number on the hull of the one we saw in Avengers is "64", so I suspect there's more than the one active.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 10:24 PM   #80
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

Sebastian Stan, the actor who plays The Winter Soldier, is currently signed on for 9 Marvel Studio picture deals. The studio is staying pretty hush hush about what movies are being made in their line-up which is planned out to 2028 but is this a sign that we'll see more and more familiar faces throughout the MCU? Currently, it's just Nick Fury and Blackwidow (and Coulson) who keep popping up in multiple franchises but is Marvel heading to just making team up movies? CA:TWS had a few superheroes, we have GotG coming up, and it's followed by Avengers:AoU. Ant-man's cast has been steadily rising (though their not saying who's who). With the Wasp, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw (Ms.) Captain Marvel, Wonder Man, or some other Avenger.

Thought I should add this here too. Not much of a spoiler for those in this thread but FYI, this contains CA:TWS and AoS spoilers.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 10:27 PM   #81
Alidar Jarok

My suspicion is that he will take the mantle of Captain America after Captain America 3.
Old April 13 2014, 10:33 PM   #82
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

^I figured that but with 9 picture deals, it may take awhile. Perhaps he'll be an ally in a possible Blackwidow movie or two.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 12:40 AM   #83
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Pennant number on the hull of the one we saw in Avengers is "64", so I suspect there's more than the one active.
Each Quinjet had a number too, except for the Insight ones which had serial numbers starting with the IN ship they were loaded into.

Interestingly the Quinjet Hawkeye commendeered in the Avengers has 88 on the tail, one of the numbers of the new carriers before being re-rendered for the film.

Coulson mentions in AoS they used to just use multiple modified aircraft like the Bus for mobile ops "until we got 'a' helicarrier" implying the Avengers craft. It was likely the only one, with 64 painted on the hull and the turboprops hidden under the surface to give the impression of a normal aircraft carrier.

64 likely doesn't mean anything. Just a ruse for anyone who spots it while it's ocean going. In the air it engages the RRP and disppears from sight anyway.

So there are...sorry, were 4. 64's whereabouts haven't been given. It could be being refitted, cocooned, decommissioned, at Tony's place, won't know until they say. Which is either AoU May next year, or into 2016 maybe.
Old April 14 2014, 12:49 AM   #84
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

And the Quinjet that the Winter Soldier stole from the Triskelion's own airfield to reach IN-01 had a "42" on the tailfin. Also a number used for earlier versions of one of the Insight-class 'Carriers before they were re-rendered.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 01:10 AM   #85
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Still, Coulson's more up to date statement implies 64 is one of a kind. Fury's remark to Steve that Tony looked it over and gave them the specs necessary for the 'next gen' ones resulted in the Insight series.

There's one left, and no one knows where it is, and I doubt they've forgotten about it.
Old April 14 2014, 01:29 AM   #86
Alidar Jarok

Yeah, I think the one original is the most logical thing. But I'd also be ok with it having been decommissioned for the new three. SHIELD still having Helicarriers without having SHIELD would be a bit weird, no?

Either way, I refuse to believe the 64 means there are 63 other Helicarriers out there even if people think there's more than one.
Old April 14 2014, 09:10 AM   #87
Reverend
Rear Admiral

IIRC the "old" helicarrier was damaged, but still flying by the end of 'Avengers' so I doubt it'd be decommissioned. I'd like to think that at some point in the future, it'll become homebase for the Bus crew and/or Fury's invisible flying fortress. Maybe retrofitted with the new repulsor jets and an onboard arc reactor for continuous flight like the Insight ones.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 09:53 AM   #88
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
My suspicion is that he will take the mantle of Captain America after Captain America 3.
After Avengers 3, technically, since that will come out after Cap 3.

Which makes me wonder whether they're going to adapt the Civil War storyline in that phase.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 12:03 PM   #89
Alidar Jarok

Yeah, that's the only holdup. The way for it to work best would have been for Cap 3 to come after Avengers 3. Then he could logically die at the end of that.

Avengers 3 has a too obvious Thanos plot for it to have any kind of Civil War plot. And, in some ways, The Winter Soldier used the same themes anyway.
Old April 14 2014, 01:22 PM   #90
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

They could hold off on Thanos for a while, they have films up to 2028 after all. I could see them continuing the themes introduced in TWS and now that HYDRA is out in force we could see them try and make the superheroes register with the government so they can keep tabs on them, perhaps even using the destruction caused to public property as a reason.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote