RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,643
Posts: 5,427,781
Members: 24,811
Currently online: 462
Newest member: Damix

TrekToday headlines

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Web Sites/Design

Web Sites/Design Talk about your websites here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2 2014, 06:52 AM   #16
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon
 
T'Bonz's Avatar
 
Location: Across the Neutral Zone
Re: TWOP is going away

I'll miss it. There were some great discussions there.
__________________
Live long and suffer! - Ancient Romulan greeting.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 05:29 AM   #17
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain
 
Random_Spock's Avatar
 
Location: Random_Spock
View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile
Re: TWOP is going away

Timewalker wrote: View Post
I won't miss it. It's crazy to have a forum where the threads are 8000 pages long, and you can use every swear word ever invented, but can't post something like "I don't understand why people don't like <insert name of reality show contestant>, can someone explain, please" without getting an infraction. It was a sincere request for information, since I'd missed the season some people were making occasional references to. And I know the bandwidth adds up, but honestly - no avatars, no sigs, no smileys, not even anything basic like the quote button enabled?
I got a warning for using smilies like : ) and : p too much. As in a few times in a post . At least I can some what over on previously.tv... but I still watch my p's and q's just in case. Thought that rule was rather silly tbh, considering there are times when an emoticon can help a sentence or make a point.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny. Their motivational poster thread had me in stitches sometimes. And their X-Files board could get busy every now and then and we had some pretty decent discussion on it. Am working on saving what I can from it now. For what it's worth .
__________________
RIP Robin, you'll be missed . Credit goes to Amblin Entertainment and TriStar Pictures for this picture of Robin, no copyright infringement intended.
Random_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 06:26 AM   #18
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
 
Timewalker's Avatar
 
Location: In many different universes, simultaneously.
Re: TWOP is going away

Random_Spock wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
I won't miss it. It's crazy to have a forum where the threads are 8000 pages long, and you can use every swear word ever invented, but can't post something like "I don't understand why people don't like <insert name of reality show contestant>, can someone explain, please" without getting an infraction. It was a sincere request for information, since I'd missed the season some people were making occasional references to. And I know the bandwidth adds up, but honestly - no avatars, no sigs, no smileys, not even anything basic like the quote button enabled?
I got a warning for using smilies like : ) and : p too much. As in a few times in a post . At least I can some what over on previously.tv... but I still watch my p's and q's just in case. Thought that rule was rather silly tbh, considering there are times when an emoticon can help a sentence or make a point.
That is completely insane. I posted in the OLTL, GH, Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race forums. There were a lot of arguments there that could have been diffused if they'd let us use even basic smileys.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny.
The only funny conversation I recall was in the General Hospital forum, when some of us decided to promote Cake for an award for Best Inanimate Character (or whatever it's called). That was when Sonny Corinthos' girlfriend went crazy and stabbed his beautiful chocolate birthday cake to death in another room, just before it was supposed to be served to the party guests. By the time she was done with it, she was covered in chocolate icing, and the cake looked like a two-year-old had gotten into it.
__________________
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 05:17 PM   #19
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain
 
Random_Spock's Avatar
 
Location: Random_Spock
View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile
Re: TWOP is going away

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Random_Spock wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
I won't miss it. It's crazy to have a forum where the threads are 8000 pages long, and you can use every swear word ever invented, but can't post something like "I don't understand why people don't like <insert name of reality show contestant>, can someone explain, please" without getting an infraction. It was a sincere request for information, since I'd missed the season some people were making occasional references to. And I know the bandwidth adds up, but honestly - no avatars, no sigs, no smileys, not even anything basic like the quote button enabled?
I got a warning for using smilies like : ) and : p too much. As in a few times in a post . At least I can some what over on previously.tv... but I still watch my p's and q's just in case. Thought that rule was rather silly tbh, considering there are times when an emoticon can help a sentence or make a point.
That is completely insane. I posted in the OLTL, GH, Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race forums. There were a lot of arguments there that could have been diffused if they'd let us use even basic smileys.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny.
The only funny conversation I recall was in the General Hospital forum, when some of us decided to promote Cake for an award for Best Inanimate Character (or whatever it's called). That was when Sonny Corinthos' girlfriend went crazy and stabbed his beautiful chocolate birthday cake to death in another room, just before it was supposed to be served to the party guests. By the time she was done with it, she was covered in chocolate icing, and the cake looked like a two-year-old had gotten into it.
Agreed. It was ludicrous that they didn't let us do that. There are times when a smiley really can help make a point clear.

Nice.

One of the funny ones I remember in the XF board was in regards to what someone had said about the kiss in IWTB. Some guy thought the actors kissed like brother and sister. And someone commented about it, saying that it would be weird if that happened... and that they 'the characters' are definitely NOT brother and sister .

The mod came by and told us not to talk board on boards... but to be honest, I didn't care. It was too good not to share . Not to mention, it was all in good fun. Not meant to make fun of the other person in any way .
__________________
RIP Robin, you'll be missed . Credit goes to Amblin Entertainment and TriStar Pictures for this picture of Robin, no copyright infringement intended.
Random_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2014, 10:45 PM   #20
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral
 
Kira's Mom's Avatar
 
Location: Kicking ass with MI-13.
View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile
Re: TWOP is going away

I didn't post much, but the "My Motivation is This" thread was always good for a laugh. I'll miss the whole site. I liked the recaps.
__________________
"I cannot believe I just took a picture of an action figure's ass." OdoWanKenobi
Etsy shop
Kira's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2014, 01:49 AM   #21
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain
 
Random_Spock's Avatar
 
Location: Random_Spock
View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile
Re: TWOP is going away

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
I didn't post much, but the "My Motivation is This" thread was always good for a laugh. I'll miss the whole site. I liked the recaps.
Yea that thread was always good for a laugh . Going to miss it especially.
__________________
RIP Robin, you'll be missed . Credit goes to Amblin Entertainment and TriStar Pictures for this picture of Robin, no copyright infringement intended.
Random_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2014, 03:33 AM   #22
JiNX-01
Admiral
 
JiNX-01's Avatar
 
Location: Under Cdr. Tucker
View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile
Re: TWOP is going away

When I saw they were shutting down, I immediately set out to save the ENT recaps (In just under a week I had all 98.)
I adored Keckler and I am going to miss her.
__________________
------------
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.