TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old April 8 2014, 10:32 AM   #16
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: Mulgrew lends voice to geo-centrism?

She must need the money. Or perhaps the ungodly levels of technobabble she had to recite in Voyager drove her to some kind of rejection of science.
Old April 8 2014, 10:36 AM   #17
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

A (basic option) 2014 Prius costs 30,000.

That's how much Wang used to get paid for a week to make an episode of Voyager.

"Narrating" or voice work, probably wouldn't take longer than a day, if they had her redo a shit load of takes they thought could be done better. But really, three hours work, 2 hour lunch, 3 hours more work and they're probably done.

It's just talking for an hour and 20 minutes, not "acting" for 80 minutes.

And that's if the entire movie is narrated and not filled full of interviews and dramatic recreations, and reality footage of science shit actually happening...

Her entire narration, hello this is what we are about, 6 or 7 30-second joiners between evidence, and then a round up, top off and sign out... That sounds like she is in the movie for 20 minutes.

Most of her time in the recording booth will be waiting for the techs to get shit sorted.

So 5 takes on everything, and that's still less than 2 hours before she can roll out of there with a fist full of cash.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 10:46 AM   #18
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
A (basic option)

It's just talking for an hour and 20 minutes, not "acting" for 80 minutes.

And that's if the entire movie is narrated and not filled full of interviews and dramatic recreations, and reality footage of science shit actually happening...

Her entire narration, hello this is what we are about, 6 or 7 30-second joiners between evidence, and then a round up, top off and sign out... That sounds like she is in the movie for 20 minutes.

Most of her time in the recording booth will be waiting for the techs to get shit sorted.

So 5 takes on everything, and that's still less than 2 hours before she can roll out of there with a fist full of cash.
Less investment than a convention.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 11:43 AM   #19
hux
Lieutenant Commander

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
She is an actress, after all, and selling her voice is part of her bread and butter. DO we really think each actor voicing a car commercial drives that brand?
No, not good enough.....selling out for material crap is one thing but being a voice for cretinism is always repugnant

Patrick Stewart can do "money supermarket" or "Fifa" all he wants but if someone asks him to narrate a documentary called "gays are deviant scum" then i have no doubt that he would tell them to "fuck off"

lets hope she was duped.....fingers crossed (no seriously, i'm slightly terrified about this) i'm hoping it's some kind of April fool

hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 11:57 AM   #20
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm sorry, but I really haven't researched this.

I thought there was two options.

1. I was lied to and was too stupid to know what I signed up for until it was too late, I've been railroaded and cheated. Woe is me I am a princess who needs rescuing by a tiny violin player.

Or

2. I don't care who they are, or what they believe in as long as their money is real.

Option 2 seems far more logical.

However now you are telling me that there is an antihomosexual agenda tacked onto the antiastronomy agenda?

Which gives us different options.

1. No it's true, I really do hate the gays.

2. I was tricked into helping homophobes and I'm not happy about it.

3. I loves the gays, but no one gets inbetween me and my money.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 12:43 PM   #21
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

This makes me think of last summer when there was a great moaning and gnashing of teeth when the OitNB fans "suddenly realized" that Laura Prepon was a Scientologist and started predicting her church would look down on her portrayal of a LESBIAN drug lord. Once word leaked out that her role was to be reduced in season 2, it was taken as fact that Scientology had "gotten" to her and forced her to get out of the show because of all the lesbianism which obviously ran counter to her church's teaching.

It didn't matter the actress was on record saying multiple positive things about the LGBT community or the recent Supreme Court ruling (2013) for gay rights. Nope, she was a Scientologist and had to follow the church elders wherever they might lead. Hell, last night when I searched for new OitNB stories I found yet another season 2 story that brought up the question of her religion and her possibility of being Mrs. Tom Cruise causing her limited exposure in this year's show.

We heard one line from the narration. We don't know what else Kate says or what she "believes".

Could she be a dupe for geocentrists? Of course.

Could she fervently believe in their thesis? Certainly.

Does she secretly harbor the desire to carry a banner for the anti gay, anti-semitic right? Oh my. I'd sooner believe Dick Cheney would hand over Laverne Cox's GLAAD award at next week's ceremony instead of Ellen Page than Mulgrew had become a refugee from a "Red State" living in Gotham.

I suggest we just wait for the "rest of the story" before we take sides.
Old April 8 2014, 12:54 PM   #22
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

25% of 2000 Americans asked don't know that the Earth orbits the sun? Holy crap.

The mismatch between the scientific achievements coming from the country and the stupidity of its population, continues to amaze me. The growing strength of religious fundamentalism in politics is frightening. You have to wonder if some day someone who denies the existence of protons and electrons will have the command over the nuclear weapons arsenal.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 01:13 PM   #23
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
25% of 2000 Americans asked don't know that the Earth orbits the sun? Holy crap.

The mismatch between the scientific achievements coming from the country and the stupidity of its population, continues to amaze me. The growing strength of religious fundamentalism in politics is frightening. You have to wonder if some day someone who denies the existence of protons and electrons will have the command over the nuclear weapons arsenal.
Some of them might believe an object would fall to Earth from the distance of the moon without burning up. They might be STID fans.
Bad Thoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 01:36 PM   #24
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Some of them might believe an object would fall to Earth from the distance of the moon without burning up. They might be STID fans.
Click!
Old April 8 2014, 02:06 PM   #25
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Given that it took Apollo 13 over 60 hours from Moon to Earth, yep that was quite ridiculous.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 02:16 PM   #26
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Well, it doesn't matter to me. Janeway wouldn't do it.
Old April 8 2014, 08:22 PM   #27
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

The article seems to have been updated to include a statement from one of the scientists:

Krauss said Tuesday morning that he had not willingly participated in the film.

“For all who asked: Some clips of me apparently were mined for movie on geocentricism,” the scientist posted on Twitter. “So stupid does disservice to word nonsense. Ignore it.”
I'm sure the other who are "involved" in the project would say something similar.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 08:26 PM   #28
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Jeri wrote: View Post
Well, it doesn't matter to me. Janeway wouldn't do it.
What's a little bullshit spewing for financial gain compared to making a pact with the Borg?
Old April 8 2014, 08:38 PM   #29
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Bad Thoughts wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post

Most of us can differentiate between escapist fiction and reality.

So. F... ..f!
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 08:39 PM   #30
Katherine
Commodore

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...&id=7122967465

Kate made a statement!!!

Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote