Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old April 5 2014, 05:51 PM   #991
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Finally found, and ordered Akira!!! Also got a non - Eaglemoss light-up TOS Enterprise from a bookstore!
Old April 7 2014, 07:26 PM   #992
Ethros
Vice Admiral

My order of the Akira & Equinox arrived today. I ordered it from Eaglemoss website on the evening of March 19th, so two and a half weeks basically, not exactly next day delivery but it's not that bad I suppose.

And I am happy with them, very nice work. It's great to be able to look at them at different angles, so cool. I see a few of the older ships are back in stock on their website now so I might have to order a couple more, maybe Defiant & Voyager
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 06:12 AM   #993
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Ethros wrote: View Post
My order of the Akira & Equinox arrived today. I ordered it from Eaglemoss website on the evening of March 19th, so two and a half weeks basically, not exactly next day delivery but it's not that bad I suppose.

And I am happy with them, very nice work. It's great to be able to look at them at different angles, so cool. I see a few of the older ships are back in stock on their website now so I might have to order a couple more, maybe Defiant & Voyager
Are you in the US? Cause if so, I'm going to be pissed since the Equinox isn't even out for subscribers yet. But I'm guessing/hoping you're not, and hence they did come out for such, so I don't have to be pissed.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 06:56 AM   #994
mr.peany
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany

I'm still waiting for my first issue to be delivered. Despite being available to buy from shops for over a week now. Not happy.
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 07:52 AM   #995
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Frontier wrote: View Post

Are you in the US? Cause if so, I'm going to be pissed since the Equinox isn't even out for subscribers yet. But I'm guessing/hoping you're not, and hence they did come out for such, so I don't have to be pissed.
Haha, no UK.
My friend at work who subscribes has already got the USS Dauntless and I believe the next one is the Bajoran Solar Sail Ship.

I've just ordered Defiant & Voyager too from the site, and I'll be going to Forbidden Planet later this week and I'm hoping they have the Dauntless in.

The magazines are a nice little extra, I just found it odd how for the Akira magazine there's just blown-up/zoomed in shots from First Contact and few DS9 episodes, and none used from VOY: Message In A Bottle, when you get quite a good look at one in that.
Old April 9 2014, 01:00 AM   #996
mtblillie
Commander

mr.peany wrote: View Post
I'm still waiting for my first issue to be delivered. Despite being available to buy from shops for over a week now. Not happy.
That's how it was here in the states. Normally you get both issues in between releases in stores, so one is early and one late, but you get two at a time.
Old April 10 2014, 11:39 PM   #997
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Picked up the Dauntless today, whoop. So here are the three I have so far

Man, I love the Akira!
Old April 11 2014, 03:21 AM   #998
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Picked up the Dauntless today, whoop. So here are the three I have so far

Man, I love the Akira!
Yeah the Akira looks great, I can't wait to get it. It's my favorite ship and I'm so happy it's finally getting a high quality model.

I've subscribed but I've only got my first 3 ships so far, so it's still going to be a little bit for me.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2014, 11:53 AM   #999
Ethros
Vice Admiral

My Voyager just arrived this morning, which to say I only ordered it 4 days ago isn't bad at all (to say it took almost 3 weeks for my Akira & Equinox to arrive)

Although I ordered Defiant at the same time which hasn't come, which I thought was odd as the above both came in the same delivery. So II guess it'll be sent seperate.
Old April 12 2014, 09:43 PM   #1000
publiusr
Commodore

Those look nice.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 04:05 AM   #1001
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

these models are finally available in Australia,for people who got these models,how do they compare with other models from other companies say like hot wheels star trek models?.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 04:31 PM   #1002
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Superior to hot wheels I'd say.

Far superior to the Furuta ones.

Most important: these ships are giving us ones we've NEVER had in a physical format before.

And that makes me buy them no matter what.

Because if these don't sell? We'll never see another Akira, or Equinox, or Prometheus, or Jem'Hadar ship or... you get the point.

But if they do sell? We'll see more from this company and it'll tell others we're interested in these non-hero ships we didn't see each week. Flying in the face of the conventional "wisdom" that all fans want is new copies of the 1701, 1701-D, Klingon bird of prey, and so on... *facepalms*

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 10:21 PM   #1003
publiusr
Commodore

You would think Wal Mart would pick these up...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 11:22 PM   #1004
Sans
Lieutenant

Frontier wrote: View Post
Superior to hot wheels I'd say.

Far superior to the Furuta ones.

Most important: these ships are giving us ones we've NEVER had in a physical format before.

And that makes me buy them no matter what.

Because if these don't sell? We'll never see another Akira, or Equinox, or Prometheus, or Jem'Hadar ship or... you get the point.

But if they do sell? We'll see more from this company and it'll tell others we're interested in these non-hero ships we didn't see each week. Flying in the face of the conventional "wisdom" that all fans want is new copies of the 1701, 1701-D, Klingon bird of prey, and so on... *facepalms*
While I agree to an extent, if I'm getting never before seen ships, I want the hero ships made in the same line. If it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of advertising this company has done, I would have missed out like I did on the Furuta ones or the museum scale set.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2014, 04:27 PM   #1005
Markonian
Captain

We get the hero ships all the time in x-versions. It's great that the other ships receive their fair share of the spotlight. Sure, I'm also looking forward to Kirk's 1701 TOS-style, but I can easily wait for that for months it that means getting my hands on the 1701-J finally, for example.