Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Web Sites/Design

Web Sites/Design Talk about your websites here!

Old April 2 2014, 06:52 AM   #16
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Re: TWOP is going away

I'll miss it. There were some great discussions there.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 05:29 AM   #17
Random_Spock
Commodore

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Timewalker wrote: View Post
I won't miss it. It's crazy to have a forum where the threads are 8000 pages long, and you can use every swear word ever invented, but can't post something like "I don't understand why people don't like <insert name of reality show contestant>, can someone explain, please" without getting an infraction. It was a sincere request for information, since I'd missed the season some people were making occasional references to. And I know the bandwidth adds up, but honestly - no avatars, no sigs, no smileys, not even anything basic like the quote button enabled?
I got a warning for using smilies like : ) and : p too much. As in a few times in a post . At least I can some what over on previously.tv... but I still watch my p's and q's just in case. Thought that rule was rather silly tbh, considering there are times when an emoticon can help a sentence or make a point.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny. Their motivational poster thread had me in stitches sometimes. And their X-Files board could get busy every now and then and we had some pretty decent discussion on it. Am working on saving what I can from it now. For what it's worth .
Old April 4 2014, 06:26 AM   #18
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Random_Spock wrote: View Post
I won't miss it. It's crazy to have a forum where the threads are 8000 pages long, and you can use every swear word ever invented, but can't post something like "I don't understand why people don't like <insert name of reality show contestant>, can someone explain, please" without getting an infraction. It was a sincere request for information, since I'd missed the season some people were making occasional references to. And I know the bandwidth adds up, but honestly - no avatars, no sigs, no smileys, not even anything basic like the quote button enabled?
I got a warning for using smilies like : ) and : p too much. As in a few times in a post . At least I can some what over on previously.tv... but I still watch my p's and q's just in case. Thought that rule was rather silly tbh, considering there are times when an emoticon can help a sentence or make a point.
That is completely insane. I posted in the OLTL, GH, Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race forums. There were a lot of arguments there that could have been diffused if they'd let us use even basic smileys.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny.
The only funny conversation I recall was in the General Hospital forum, when some of us decided to promote Cake for an award for Best Inanimate Character (or whatever it's called). That was when Sonny Corinthos' girlfriend went crazy and stabbed his beautiful chocolate birthday cake to death in another room, just before it was supposed to be served to the party guests. By the time she was done with it, she was covered in chocolate icing, and the cake looked like a two-year-old had gotten into it.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 05:17 PM   #19
Random_Spock
Commodore

Random_Spock wrote: View Post
That is completely insane. I posted in the OLTL, GH, Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race forums. There were a lot of arguments there that could have been diffused if they'd let us use even basic smileys.

@ T'Bonz: Me too, and moderation flaws aside. Some of the discussion was pretty funny.
The only funny conversation I recall was in the General Hospital forum, when some of us decided to promote Cake for an award for Best Inanimate Character (or whatever it's called). That was when Sonny Corinthos' girlfriend went crazy and stabbed his beautiful chocolate birthday cake to death in another room, just before it was supposed to be served to the party guests. By the time she was done with it, she was covered in chocolate icing, and the cake looked like a two-year-old had gotten into it.
Agreed. It was ludicrous that they didn't let us do that. There are times when a smiley really can help make a point clear.

Nice.

One of the funny ones I remember in the XF board was in regards to what someone had said about the kiss in IWTB. Some guy thought the actors kissed like brother and sister. And someone commented about it, saying that it would be weird if that happened... and that they 'the characters' are definitely NOT brother and sister .

The mod came by and told us not to talk board on boards... but to be honest, I didn't care. It was too good not to share . Not to mention, it was all in good fun. Not meant to make fun of the other person in any way .
Old April 6 2014, 10:45 PM   #20
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

I didn't post much, but the "My Motivation is This" thread was always good for a laugh. I'll miss the whole site. I liked the recaps.
Old April 7 2014, 01:49 AM   #21
Random_Spock
Commodore

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
I didn't post much, but the "My Motivation is This" thread was always good for a laugh. I'll miss the whole site. I liked the recaps.
Yea that thread was always good for a laugh . Going to miss it especially.
Old April 11 2014, 03:33 AM   #22
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

When I saw they were shutting down, I immediately set out to save the ENT recaps (In just under a week I had all 98.)
I adored Keckler and I am going to miss her.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote