Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old March 23 2014, 03:24 PM   #31
Bixby
Commander

Re: 50th Anniversary Wish List

Some of you mentioned a documentary...I would like to see one done just like this one about another favorite 60s action show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBDpI9bc7A

Last edited by Bixby; March 23 2014 at 07:37 PM.
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 03:54 PM   #32
Warped9
Admiral

Bixby wrote: View Post
Some of you mentioned a documentary...I would like to see one done just like this one from another favorite 60s action show:
Very cool! I've only started watching this and so far it's excellent.

Something like that style would look cool for a new Trek animation project. Would also have been nice to have seen some of that style in the original TAS. I never appreciated how forward looking Johnny Quest was.

Last edited by Warped9; March 23 2014 at 05:14 PM.
Warped9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 04:43 PM   #33
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

RapidoTrains wrote: View Post
There is only so much that the original series can be milked. I'm not interested in seeing JJ Trek move over to television, as it's all old ground. Sure, I love Spock et al but after 50 years we need a new story.
You do realize that TOS has the least amount of live-action material outside of Enterprise? Sometimes people confuse the amount of time they've spent watching something with the amount of material that actually exists.

For me, I'd love a huge open world adventure game based on TOS.
Old March 23 2014, 05:31 PM   #34
pfontaine2
Lieutenant Junior Grade

My wish list for the 50th anniversary would be a comprehensive book on the period leading up to TMP, detailing the difficult shoot in as much detail as possible. Essentially I'm looking for a book much like the enormous Making of Star Wars books that have been released over the past few years.

I've read Koenig's diary of the making of the film. There are tons of articles that were printed in Enterprise Incidents, Starlog, Cinefantastique and Cinefex. I know this subject has been covered in other places but the entire story needs to be documented in one huge concise book. Cinefantastique was going to devote a double issue to the making of TMP but it never appeared. Those interviews must still exist and that article would be fascinating reading if it were ever released.

I'm particularly interested in all the visual material related to Phase II development that must exist but has never been released. There must be tons of unreleased photos detailing the Enterprise sets at the moment when Phase II became TMP. I remember Star Trek magazine published a photo of Roddenberry and Wise reviewing photos of the sets but the photo was small and the photos they were reviewing were very tiny when printed.

In print form at least, the making of TOS has been incredibly well documented. I adore the Garfield Reeves Stevens Phase II book. However, I feel that a complete history of the interim period during the 1970's would be fascinating reading.
pfontaine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 05:43 PM   #35
Warped9
Admiral

Some of you mentioned a documentary...I would like to see one done just like this one from another favorite 60s action show:
I'm going to hazard a guess that I've never seen the original versions. And it's a damned shame the DVD release is edited.

That documentary was excellent although it did seem a touch padded in parts. But what was impressive was this was essentially a lone production. It has the right feel to it though.

Last edited by Warped9; March 23 2014 at 07:09 PM.
Warped9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 05:58 PM   #36
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Bloopers! And plenty of them!

Old March 25 2014, 06:33 PM   #37
Bixby
Commander

Warped9 wrote: View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess that I've never seen the original versions. And it's a damned shame the DVD release is edited.

That documentary was excellent although it did seem a touch padded in parts. But what was impressive was this was essentially a lone production. It has the right feel to it though.
Glad you enjoyed it. I discovered this excellent documentary a few weeks ago, and it struck me how similar it and TREK are: music-wise, Alexander Courage, Gerald Fried and Hoyt Curtin all had that exquisite Jazz influence (lots of big, bold brass). Each had a unique art direction, great villains, action...

I can certainly picture one person with a flair for filmmaking and access to hours of Trek-related footage from both in front of and behind the camera, that could take it all and easily create a 4-hour doc that could be very similar to this jonny quest feature...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 06:57 PM   #38
Warped9
Admiral

Warped9 wrote: View Post

Glad you enjoyed it. I discovered this excellent documentary a few weeks ago, and it struck me how similar it and TREK are: music-wise, Alexander Courage, Gerald Fried and Hoyt Curtin all had that exquisite Jazz influence (lots of big, bold brass). Each had a unique art direction, great villains, action...

I can certainly picture one person with a flair for filmmaking and access to hours of Trek-related footage from both in front of and behind the camera, that could take it all and easily create a 4-hour doc that could be very similar to this jonny quest feature...
Old March 30 2014, 07:22 PM   #39
RAMA
Vice Admiral

1. Announcement of STDS9 bluray
2. New movie
3. New animated series
Old March 30 2014, 08:33 PM   #40
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Sounds good to me!!!

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Trekkies 3!
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 01:53 AM   #41
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

A movie featuring the remaining original series crew and throw in cast from tng,ds9,voy,and maybe enterprise.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 02:48 AM   #42
spockboy
Lieutenant

I would like the some of the original 16 mm prints (maybe in the Roddenberry archives) of the TOS bloopers restored. That would be a wonderful gift to the fans

Spockboy
Old April 2 2014, 03:17 AM   #43
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

spockboy wrote: View Post
I would like the some of the original 16 mm prints (maybe in the Roddenberry archives) of the TOS bloopers restored. That would be a wonderful gift to the fans

Spockboy
That would be pretty awesome. They were pretty funny . Documentaries would be good for it as well.
Old May 1 2014, 03:16 PM   #44
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile

Shawnster wrote: View Post
I want to see an epic movie or mini-series featuring something from all eras and every series of Star Trek. Time travel elements might be a necessity only because of Enterprise and TOS set centuries behind the rest of Trek. If we can't have or don't want time travel, then choose some major elements from those two series to incorporate.

Some big, epic sweeping story featuring some form of combined crew (doesn't have to be all cast members, just representatives from each series) visiting locations we're familiar with and battling some galactic threatening adversary or event.

That's what I want.
I agree with you.

I've been thinking about how Coto said he wanted TATV to be a tribute to the 18 years of Star Trek.

I'm not as restrictive as Coto. I would like aspects of all 5 series for 50 years of Star Trek in a movie either joining the eras through time travel or each series leaving messages or some task for the next Enterprise team to do. Then the TNG Enterprise would include the DS9 and VOY casts in its task somehow.

You could include remaining live members of TOS and selected (or all) members of the other series and reuse lots and lots of existing scenes from the series or movies.

While I'd like the overall story to make sense I'd be happy to have just an optimistic good feeling plot. Its a tribute story after all.

And if you were clever you could show TAS or the online game on TV or something. And Abrams Trek.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2014, 11:46 PM   #45
publiusr
Commodore

Mysterion wrote: View Post
- The Secret of Vulcan's Fury by DC Fontana
- The God Thing by Genene Roddenberry (and whomever needs to finish/flesh it out)
- Updated editions of the Star Trek Encyclopedia and Chronology by the Okudas
- A new TOS-era original novel by David Gerrold
Good ideas.

I'd like to see PLANET OF THE TITANS done with the fx as available then--a period piece...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote