Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 25 2014, 02:27 PM   #3886
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Without me having to click on that (and I'm going to request people not discuss the contents at all, even in a vague way without spoiler code), what's the alleged source of that information? Leaked script, advanced copy, something else?
The person writing the spoiler says he was at Palelyfest and they screened "The End of the Beginning."

ETA: I googled "Paleyfest" and "SHIELD" and it seems some of the other details are confirmed, although other sites aren't revealing the Clairvoyant. Alidar, if you want to stay unspoiled, be careful what you click on because this seems to be spreading.

Some cute non-spoilers:
– Clark Gregg on reprising Coulson for TV: “I found myself suddenly free.”
Executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen revealed that Ming Na's character was originally named “Agent Rice.” But, that didn't seem quite right after Na got the role.
Tech wizzes Fitzsimmons was based on Casey Affleck and Scott Caan's characters in “Ocean's Eleven,” but Elizabeth Henstridge came in and stole the role.
– When the topic of upcoming romantic hookups came up, Chloe Bennet says she and Elizabeth Henstridge ship “Skimmons” (a Skye and Simmons hookup).
– Ming Na suggested that that Skye should be the lovechild of her character and Thor and wants the show to have flashbacks to those love scenes.
– Brett Dalton gets cheeky when asked if he's seeing his character becoming closer to the team. “The character has changed. He wasn't a team player at the start. He's learned to play with the team,” he said with a nod to his character's sexual exploits.
– A lucky fan got a big hug from Gregg and moderator Felicia Day joked, “You're pregnant now.”
– One fan busted Bennet on her previous career as a Chinese pop star. True story, she confirmed.
– When asked if mutants will ever join the show, Loeb answered, “There's no proof of mutants in the Marvel Universe yet.”

Last edited by LaxScrutiny; March 25 2014 at 02:43 PM.
LaxScrutiny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 02:37 PM   #3887
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Alright, I guess I can be a hermit for a week. If you don't see me until then, I'll see you next week.
Old March 25 2014, 06:11 PM   #3888
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Luminus wrote: View Post
Okay, I might owe some of you some virtual tea in this thread. I just found out the identity of the Clairvoyant and I'm incredibly unimpressed.

Apparently, it's

Please be false.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/agents...news/?a=96635#
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 06:52 PM   #3889
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
Is Clark Gregg holding a picture of himself on Ward's body (it looks like one of those place your head in the hole picture spot you see at theme parks).
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 01:23 AM   #3890
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Without reading any of the spoilers regarding the C, I imagine that it is totally likely that the identity revealed in this episode is a misleading one and the true identity is to be revealed later in the season--I can't imagine giving away such a detail like this.
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 02:20 AM   #3891
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Not without it being a plant, as you suspect.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 11:35 AM   #3892
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

So I watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier last night. I know it isn't out in America yet so this probably won't get discussed properly until then but...

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 01:03 PM   #3893
Luminus
Fleet Captain

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 06:00 PM   #3894
Buck Bokai
Lieutenant

View Buck Bokai's Twitter Profile

Casting for the cellist.....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-S...linkId=7809312
Buck Bokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 07:24 PM   #3895
Christopher
Writer

^Well, that's a totally unsurprising choice.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 11:13 PM   #3896
Enterprise1701
Captain

Anyone here bothered that Melinda May's surname is spelled "May" and not "Mei"? Granted we've never received any background on her family and no one is required to spell a name a certain way, but among all the nonstandard spellings of Asian names I've ever encountered, I've never seen "May" for "Mei" (supposing that Melinda May is an American of Chinese descent like Ming-Na Wen)
Enterprise1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 11:22 PM   #3897
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Well, that's a totally unsurprising choice.
Yeah, especially since not to long ago Maurissa Tanchareon said words to the effect of "We have an actress we adore taking cello lessons."

Chloe Bennett confirms that the blue alien was Kree...
Old March 26 2014, 11:58 PM   #3898
Christopher
Writer

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Anyone here bothered that Melinda May's surname is spelled "May" and not "Mei"? Granted we've never received any background on her family and no one is required to spell a name a certain way, but among all the nonstandard spellings of Asian names I've ever encountered, I've never seen "May" for "Mei" (supposing that Melinda May is an American of Chinese descent like Ming-Na Wen)
On the other hand, her first name is "Melinda." Asian-Americans don't always have Asian names. She, or her father, could've been adopted, say. Or maybe May is actually her middle name and she dropped her Chinese surname because it's difficult for Americans to pronounce. I find that May is actually a relatively common given name for Chinese-American girls.

Or maybe Melinda May isn't her birth name at all. She is a secret agent, after all.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2014, 12:08 AM   #3899
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm just glad no one thought to call her Mayday as an endearing nickname.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2014, 12:08 AM   #3900
Enterprise1701
Captain

Christopher wrote: View Post
On the other hand, her first name is "Melinda." Asian-Americans don't always have Asian names. She, or her father, could've been adopted, say. Or maybe May is actually her middle name and she dropped her Chinese surname because it's difficult for Americans to pronounce. I find that May is actually a relatively common given name for Chinese-American girls.

Or maybe Melinda May isn't her birth name at all. She is a secret agent, after all.
You make good points. I believe, though, that foreigners adopting Chinese babies en masse didn't start until the one-child policy came around in 1979. Ming-Na Wen was born in 1963 and even if you take advantage of how she doesn't look 50, I think 16 years is too big a stretch.
Enterprise1701 is online now   Reply With Quote