Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 16 2014, 06:34 PM   #1591
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

So maybe not then

Halle Berry doesn't just have one scene in DOFP
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:35 PM   #1592
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I think people are too invested in the original cast. I thought the inclusion of them was overly ambitious anyway because this movie is still supposed to be the First Class cast and I always assumed they'd have cameo death scenes. So rumors like "Storm's role cut down to one scene" gives me the reaction of "oh, she gets a whole scene?" If her role is greater, more power to her. I hope it's fun. But I'm treating every inclusion of a character from the original movies as a plus rather than being disappointed if the role isn't particularly large.
Old March 17 2014, 07:58 PM   #1593
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
I think people are too invested in the original cast. I thought the inclusion of them was overly ambitious anyway because this movie is still supposed to be the First Class cast and I always assumed they'd have cameo death scenes. So rumors like "Storm's role cut down to one scene" gives me the reaction of "oh, she gets a whole scene?" If her role is greater, more power to her. I hope it's fun. But I'm treating every inclusion of a character from the original movies as a plus rather than being disappointed if the role isn't particularly large.
I assumed X-MEN: Days Of Future Past would be X-Men's Avengers, where both casts get equal airtime. Something like starting in the future, going to the past, and back and forth seeing shifts in reality.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 08:35 PM   #1594
Alidar Jarok

Even Avengers had about one character from each franchise, not all of them, though. Given the source material, I expected a montage scene where people get killed by Sentinels. After all, mutants being killed is kind of the big thing.
Old March 17 2014, 08:44 PM   #1595
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

We still see a few heroes left in the future. Maybe Storm was intended to be one of them.
Old March 17 2014, 08:58 PM   #1596
Alidar Jarok

She may be. But there are people who attribute ulterior motives when a character is not one of those. I'm referring to those who thought the cutting of Rogue's scenes had to do with a personal animosity towards her by the director, for example.

Storm may have a decent role or she might not and the likely explanation is just "needing to fit in other people" and "pacing."
Old March 17 2014, 09:01 PM   #1597
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

She may be. But there are people who attribute ulterior motives when a character is not one of those. I'm referring to those who thought the cutting of Rogue's scenes had to do with a personal animosity towards her by the director, for example.

Storm may have a decent role or she might not and the likely explanation is just "needing to fit in other people" and "pacing."
I've been tuning in and out of this thread but people believe the director cut her out of spite?
Old March 17 2014, 09:08 PM   #1598
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

More likely they want to milk the cow twice. A crisper, faster paced movie for the casual view and an extended version for the nerds. They've probably just added 25% to their DVD sales.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 10:04 PM   #1599
Alidar Jarok

bbjeg wrote: View Post

I've been tuning in and out of this thread but people believe the director cut her out of spite?
Link

Noddy wrote:
To be honest, folks, the news that Paquin is gone has kind of sunk this movie for me. Probably won't see it now. I know Singer has apparently said she understood his reasons, but I can't help wondering if there was some kind of disagreement between them, and that's the real reason her character was deleted from the final cut.
Old March 18 2014, 12:01 AM   #1600
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^and the basis for that wild speculation being what exactly....?

As for the original cast, I was always under the impression that the original cast will just be there for the prologue framing device. I only know the DoFP story from the 90's animated series, but I gather the story was never about the future so much as someone come back from that future trying to make sure it never happens, hence most of the action takes place in the "present".

Aside from Jackman, I imagine none of the original cast were ever going to have more than a scene or two.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 12:04 AM   #1601
Alidar Jarok

People looking for reason to complain.

I was just preemptively cutting it off in this case, that's all.
Old March 18 2014, 03:11 AM   #1602
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

There is a "teaser" for the next trailer online, but I've tried to play it from two different sites. Both times it crashed firefox. Anyone have a youtube link for it?
Old March 18 2014, 04:26 AM   #1603
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
^and the basis for that wild speculation being what exactly....?

As for the original cast, I was always under the impression that the original cast will just be there for the prologue framing device. I only know the DoFP story from the 90's animated series, but I gather the story was never about the future so much as someone come back from that future trying to make sure it never happens, hence most of the action takes place in the "present".

Aside from Jackman, I imagine none of the original cast were ever going to have more than a scene or two.
Old March 18 2014, 07:13 AM   #1604
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
There is a "teaser" for the next trailer online, but I've tried to play it from two different sites. Both times it crashed firefox. Anyone have a youtube link for it?
If it's the same one they put on Facebook, then it's just clips from the first trailer, saying the new one will be out next week
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 07:21 AM   #1605
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
If it's the same one they put on Facebook, then it's just clips from the first trailer, saying the new one will be out next week
Ok.. thank you!!!