Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 14 2014, 03:53 PM   #901
Kpnuts
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

I'm pleased to see the Steamrunner, Saber and Norway class ships on the planned list of 70 issues, I hope they get confirmed soon, but I'd also really love to see a Pasteur or preferably Daedalus class ship at some point too.

With all of the above that should cover all the main Federation starships, without getting into the really obscure ones. Centaur class would be nice but may be asking a bit too much, especially since they would have to somehow fill 20 pages on it!
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 04:53 PM   #902
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Centaur is already planned (scroll down to the bottom). It will probably take a while, but I am looking forward to that one too.
Old March 14 2014, 07:57 PM   #903
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Got my Akira, Reliant, and Ent-D dedication plaque today. All three are very nice. My only gripe is the display stand for the Reliant. The clear stand is very loose in the black base, and on the ship itself. That thing is gonna fall off constantly. But as far as the models go? I think they're the best looking Fed models yet. Although I thought the Akira was supposed to have Aztecking.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 08:06 PM   #904
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
My only gripe is the display stand for the Reliant. The clear stand is very loose in the black base, and on the ship itself. That thing is gonna fall off constantly.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Out of all of the models, the Reliant is definitely the most loose. I thought the Defiant was also pretty loose. The stand doesn't connect with the ship very well at all.

And others, like the Voyager, have the opposite problem where the stand doesn't fit into the base very well.

Oh, well. Small issues with an almost perfect line of models. I can live with them.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 11:45 PM   #905
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Richard Baker wrote: View Post
Could somebody please post a photo of the Akira they got?
Dimesdan wrote: View Post
I posted a photo in this very thread a few months ago.
Obviously you either didn't read or just didn't look. But lo and behold, someone else posed a link.

trekker670 wrote: View Post

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 03:25 AM   #906
Sans
Lieutenant

So, just go my replacement DS9, two of them in fact. So now I have three of them. One of them is going to become Empok Nor.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 01:08 PM   #907
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Frontier wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
#2 It does not contain the upgrades we saw in Way of the Warrior.
I presume you're talking about the retractable/deployable weapons? IE, the weapons that aren't ever seen on DS9 unless and until they're needed and thus activated and thus exposed.

While it would be awesome for them to be shown, it makes perfect sense why that wouldn't be. They're only visible 0.1% of the time: when the station is in battle. So basically a handful of times since we first saw them in Way of the Warrior.

If we're going to lament things like that, we'd have to lament the lack of actual docking clamps and runabout landing pads that lower and raise and a lot of other little tiny things too...
Hey, that would be great!

I know the photon torpedo launchers extended, but the circular base is permanent. Just thought they could be seen.
Old March 16 2014, 03:16 PM   #908
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

#2 It does not contain the upgrades we saw in Way of the Warrior.
I presume you're talking about the retractable/deployable weapons? IE, the weapons that aren't ever seen on DS9 unless and until they're needed and thus activated and thus exposed.

While it would be awesome for them to be shown, it makes perfect sense why that wouldn't be. They're only visible 0.1% of the time: when the station is in battle. So basically a handful of times since we first saw them in Way of the Warrior.

If we're going to lament things like that, we'd have to lament the lack of actual docking clamps and runabout landing pads that lower and raise and a lot of other little tiny things too...

I know the photon torpedo launchers extended, but the circular base is permanent. Just thought they could be seen.
Oh it's there. It's just tiny. Those weapons are housed on the little tiny outward-facing, uh, pylons (?) on the runabout docking ring area. I just picked my DS9 up and looked and you can see a little circle dome area on that area.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 03:23 PM   #909
Yanks
Fleet Captain

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...s9_station.jpg
Oh it's there. It's just tiny. Those weapons are housed on the little tiny outward-facing, uh, pylons (?) on the runabout docking ring area. I just picked my DS9 up and looked and you can see a little circle dome area on that area.
Damned if they aren't!

I was looking on the upper and lower pylons!!

Thanks!
Old March 17 2014, 12:27 AM   #910
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Sans wrote: View Post
So, just go my replacement DS9, two of them in fact. So now I have three of them. One of them is going to become Empok Nor.
You should find a way to tilt it so you can differentiate it from DS9.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 02:57 PM   #911
Richard Baker
Commander

Richard Baker wrote: View Post
Could somebody please post a photo of the Akira they got?
I posted a photo in this very thread a few months ago.
Obviously you either didn't read or just didn't look. But lo and behold, someone else posed a link.

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Thanks!
I only get on this forum at work and try to keep up, but occasionally miss pages. I am glad they fixed the front bussards in production- I am going to have to get one now for sure..
Richard Baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:26 PM   #912
trekker670
Fleet Captain

I received my replacement DS9 (actually two of them, one of which also had the broken pylons, but it was a free replacement and easily glued together so I wont complain), and the latest shipment (Reliant and Akira) with the Dedication plaque at the end of last week. I'm happy with the quality with the latest run.

I was also charged for the next run this morning. I'm looking forward to the Ferengi Marauder next time!
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 05:29 PM   #913
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Just spotted the Enterprise-E model photo is now up and, oh dear, it's the First Contact version.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...terprise-E.jpg
Old March 17 2014, 05:55 PM   #914
Sans
Lieutenant

Toxteth O´Grady wrote: View Post
Sans wrote: View Post
You should find a way to tilt it so you can differentiate it from DS9.
Going to have to rewatch the espisodes and see if there were any color differences. I don't have my model in front of me, but I think I should black out any windows there are.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 06:09 PM   #915
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Just spotted the Enterprise-E model photo is now up and, oh dear, it's the First Contact version.
Out of interest, so? I know some very minor changes were made for either INS or NEM, but frankly without having seen the article on it on Ex Astris Scientia, I don't think I would have ever even noticed myself.
FC was when it first appeared in all it's glory so why shouldn't it look like that
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote