Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 14 2014, 07:08 AM   #91
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Re: Reign - The CW

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The CW has released a "Director's Cut" of the most recent episode which features two sex scenes that were deemed inappropriate for television. This upset the Parents Television Council.

Watch the scenes here.
Bah! I could swear that was the exact same scene I saw last week. What was different about the video?!

As for tonight's episode, well played, Catherine, bravo! She was quite brilliant and resourceful, covering up the death of the lady ambassador whom Henry accidentally pushed.

Poor Lola. She was ready to get an abortion, but Mary stopped her just in time. How pregnant is she anyway? It almost seems like it's only been a few days since she slept with Francis.
Old March 14 2014, 07:27 AM   #92
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

In the beginning, the royal couple said that they were returning from a 2 month long honeymoon, which may or may not have included transit.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; March 14 2014 at 09:38 PM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 06:57 PM   #93
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Last night was so schizophrenic. We had a surprisingly amusing black comedy with Henri and Catherine, interspersed with a 16th-century afterschool special about back alley abortions.

Lola's pregnancy wasn't a surprise from the moment she came out and said the dress was too small. Mary's naive reaction to the pregnancy was amusing -- and surprisingly in historical character (Mary was bright but not especially sharp) -- and I'm curious to see how far Reign pushes that.

Bash, oh Bash. The most sympathetic character on the series, frankly, and he's left to flail against the unfairness of life. Dude, you're a royal bastard. Life isn't fair for royal bastards -- and when Henri dies before too long you're going to find out that life really isn't fair. The best thing for him, frankly, would be to go to Scotland. He'd be out of Francis' reach there, and he could make himself useful to Mary de Guise. Of course, now he has Hot Hunter Woman to keep him company, so long as Jealous/Overprotective Brother doesn't do anything stupid. Rowan/Hot Hunter Woman is apparently a recurring character, so maybe Bash will stick around.

I completely forgot who Olivia was; she's Francis' ex-girlfriend.

And the utter lunacy of Henri and Catherine pinning the "suicide" of the Archduke's sister on the dead priest... Oh, I should have rolled my eyes at it, but it was too silly!

Also, since when did Bohemia have a fleet? It's a landlocked region and always was.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 04:49 PM   #94
Agent Richard07
Retired

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The CW has released a "Director's Cut" of the most recent episode which features two sex scenes that were deemed inappropriate for television. This upset the Parents Television Council.

Watch the scenes here.
Bah! I could swear that was the exact same scene I saw last week. What was different about the video?!
In the first clip, you see more of Francis between Mary's legs. In the second, you see the woman straddling Nostradamus and climaxing. These weren't in the episode.

I saw the clips before I saw the episode and thought the one with Mary was a dream sequence. Then I read that it was customary for people to watch the consummation.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 03:11 AM   #95
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

I completely forgot who Olivia was; she's Francis' ex-girlfriend.
i had completely forgot about her too.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 06:09 AM   #96
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Francis' admitting to Mary his affair with Lola was rather anticlimactic, and so was Mary's reaction.

Oh, by the way, I had a one-night stand with your best friend Lola.

Really? Okay, I forgive you.

Mary was more concerned with hiding the fact from her husband that she already knew.

On a side note, I'm curious about the beast that Bash would like to go after next week.
Old March 22 2014, 03:31 PM   #97
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
On a side note, I'm curious about the beast that Bash would like to go after next week.
I am still making the assumption that it's a human being.

I think Bash's strategy was right, and Rowan's decision to drug him was the wrong move. Not just because it ended up with her getting taken by the "creature," but because Bash's strategy, if successful, could have ended the threat of the "creature" altogether.

Given his recent behaviors, I suspect that it's Henri who attempted to kill Bash a few weeks ago, and not Francis or Catherine.

I completely forgot that Greer was still on the show.

I love this series' completely ahistorical and unrealistic expectations about love in the 16th-century. Greer's arranged marriage rings true. Lola's decision to wait for love does not.

So, what are the odds that next week Bash and Francis will rescue Rowan from her sacrifice in just the nick of time?

allyngibson.net
Old March 28 2014, 06:32 AM   #98
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Has Henry gone completely mad?! It appeared as if he was ready to strike Bash, his own son, with a sword (and he did pour hot candle wax into the ear of one of his noblemen). And that peasant girl Penelope, who was supposed to be queen for a day, was quite devious for betraying Catherine.

Alas, brotherly love was not lost after all when Bash saved Henry after the latter had fallen into an icy lake, searching for this monster that was believed to be nothing more than an ordinary human being. Yet this monster remains to us a mystery.

Greer lost her chance of marrying a handsome nobleman when she was caught lip locked with her boyfriend, but the Lord Castleroy, who's always fancied her, proposed and saved her from certain disgrace. And for their sake, I how Mary finds Lola a husband.
Old March 28 2014, 07:13 AM   #99
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Okay, because it's the 15th century and we are not completely sure that magic doesn't exist because Nostradamus seems to be a fully fucking functional wizard, I'm going to say something silly that doesn't exist... WITCHCRAFT!!!!

Penny slept with the baker to get the bean, so if she's playing a long game, this toxic little ginger might have hexed king Henry weeks ago in preperation for her arrival as the bean queen.

If you're trying to place the actress, she was one of the stroppy twins in the English version of Skins.

Old March 28 2014, 06:32 PM   #100
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

Ah, the madness of King Henri.

It's clear, from the way Catherine keeps bringing up headaches, that Henri has some sort of brain tumor. (Which isn't what kills him, by the way. He takes a lance in the face during a joust.) Either that, or a Ceti Eel crawling around.

I feel bad for Bash and, surprisingly, Kenna. I agreed with Bash's assessment of Kenna -- not someone I much like -- and that's not a "solution" that anyone wanted. The best thing for them is to not consummate the marriage, because then, probably once Henri comes down out of his madness, they could get an annulment for non-consummation.

Henri's new "queen" is cute. And Olivia's interest in Nostradamus had me going, "Wha?"

allyngibson.net
Old March 28 2014, 09:24 PM   #101
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Wait? That's one of the more accurate predictions of Nostradamus that almost got him killed, isn't it?

I wonder what sort of lead in we'll get to that?

Noz foresees the death of the king.

Writes it down.

Gets it published and...

This version of Nostradamus that we are experiencing here, doesn't really seem like he already has a book deal.

Wouldn't that be very interesting to see take birth?

A sleazy 15th century agent/publicist trying to pull Nostradamus as a client, and then take him on booktour and...

Old March 28 2014, 09:55 PM   #102
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Wait? That's one of the more accurate predictions of Nostradamus that almost got him killed, isn't it?
It is indeed.

Century 1 Quatrain 35 wrote:
The young lion will overcome the older one,
On the field of combat in a single battle;
He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death.

allyngibson.net
Old April 11 2014, 06:15 AM   #103
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

It looks like Lola has found herself a husband who will marry her although he knows her secret.

Francis and Mary discover the secret clause in their marriage contract that could affect Scotland's future. Catherine finds out Mary's plan and has Lord MacKenzie and his men murdered before they can carry out their mission. But nice counter move when Mary threatens to expose Henry's rather unstable state of mind, which could spell trouble for France.
Old April 12 2014, 08:20 AM   #104
Killer Frost
Commodore

Mary looked strong in this given what happened.
Killer Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2014, 06:04 AM   #105
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Mary's brother James came to France to persuade Mary to go back to Scotland, but Francis learned there would be an attempt on Mary's life. So why didn't he just tell her?

Finally, Catherine succeeded in ousting Penelope out of Henry's bedroom. Who's haunting the King of France?