TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 9 2014, 05:44 PM   #16
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

J. Allen wrote: View Post
There's a game you can download on Steam called "Pinball Arcade" by Williams, and in Season One of their machines, is Star Trek: The Next Generation. It is so much fun, as these machines emulate the real pinball machines from look to sound, and everything. I mean, it took me WAAAAAAAY back. You have to check it out. It's not the real thing, sure, but for those of us who are nowhere near any arcade, it's so awesome.

Here's their site: http://www.pinballarcade.com/

I've got it via Steam, but be warned, if you get it this way or from the website, only the first couple of games are free as a 'free to try' type deal; you have to pay $29.99 for what they call a full season if you score above a certain point (only Arabian Nights is free.) Also, I don't think that they have the current Star Trek pinball machine yet.

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; March 9 2014 at 06:03 PM.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2014, 04:39 AM   #17
Nebusj
Rear Admiral

View Nebusj's Twitter Profile

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
I've got it via Steam, but be warned, if you get it this way or from the website, only the first couple of games are free as a 'free to try' type deal; you have to pay $29.99 for what they call a full season if you score above a certain point (only Arabian Nights is free.) Also, I don't think that they have the current Star Trek pinball machine yet.
You can, at least for the iPad version, buy individual games and skip the season; I think they run something like $3.00 per game. (I've been buying the full seasons since they started offering them, though.) The game dynamics are incredibly faithful to the real world, to the point I make the same dumb mistakes on Pinball Arcade that I make on real machines. At least, real machines that are kept in pristine condition with no broken parts.

They do only (``only'') have the 1993 Next Generation pinball, though, and not the 1971, 1978, 1991, or 2013 Star Trek games. Mind, the Next Generation is pretty universally considered one of the top solid state pinball machines of all time.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2014, 12:28 AM   #18
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Nebusj wrote: View Post
Where did you play the pinball game at?
Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).
I've been meaning to check this out. Tried once a while back but couldn't find it lol, I thought maybe it was gone but I guess I'll have to look again.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2014, 07:16 AM   #19
Nebusj
Rear Admiral

View Nebusj's Twitter Profile

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Nebusj wrote: View Post
Where did you play the pinball game at?
Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).
I've been meaning to check this out. Tried once a while back but couldn't find it lol, I thought maybe it was gone but I guess I'll have to look again.
It's tricky finding. We had to cast around some time too. The catch is the arcade is tucked into the alleyway between two blocks of mall. If you find the pizza place (I think it's a California Pizza Kitchen) and look to its left, there's the alley way and a big clock signpost connecting that structure to the one beside it. Go underneath that and back like a hundred feet and you'll find it on the right.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 03:04 AM   #20
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^^ Thanks, I don't feel as bad about not finding it now
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote