Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old February 14 2014, 11:26 PM   #31
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: NFL Offseason '14: Wake me up when minicamps start

So the Wells report came out today with findings of shit that is somehow even worse than I expected. The only response I have to the people who talk about this kind of behavior being common place in a football locker room is this, Missouri Tigers locker room > Miami Dolphins locker room.
Old February 19 2014, 08:58 AM   #32
Aragorn
Admiral

The Lady Eve wrote: View Post
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that."

Hansen then drives home the hypocrisy: "You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!"

HuffPost

Publisher of the Los Cerritos Community News plagiarizes this commentary, then when he gets busted, the paper tries to claim that Dale Hansen's name was inadvertently left off.

JimRomensko.com
Old March 9 2014, 03:08 PM   #33
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Texans new head coach Bill O’Brien and defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel sound pretty good on paper for the Texans. O'Brien is not hiring an offensive coordinator the first year. He says Crennel is running the defense and he's running the offense.

Sounds like when Kubiak ran the offense and Wade Phillips ran the defense. It will certainly be interesting to see what Kubiak does in Baltimore as the offensive coordinator. I'll be keeping an eye on the Ravens this coming year. Poor ole Wade Phillips apparently isn't getting any calls. He's said publicly several times he wants to get back into the NFL and coach.

Rumors, being what rumors are, are saying we're going with Clowney with our 1.1 picking and picking up the best QB available in the 2nd. The Texans have been publicly active in interviewing free agent QBs. Schaub's a goner if anyone wants him.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old March 9 2014, 09:10 PM   #34
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

William Clay Ford Sr., the primary shareholder of Ford Motor Company and majority owner of the Detroit Lions 50 years running, died Sunday, a little less than a week before his 89th birthday.
Not too many old time owners left.
Old March 10 2014, 10:54 PM   #35
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
William Clay Ford Sr., the primary shareholder of Ford Motor Company and majority owner of the Detroit Lions 50 years running, died Sunday, a little less than a week before his 89th birthday.
Not too many old time owners left.
The last time the consensus worst owner in sports, Bill Wirtz, died, the Chicago Blackhawks went on to win two of the next six Stanley Cups.

Maybe Lions fans can get a similar reprieve.
Old March 12 2014, 02:30 AM   #36
Use of Time
Commodore

Adios DeMarcus Ware. One of my all time favorite Cowboys but this was a no brainer. Somebody is going to pay him a lot of money and probably regret it. I'm hesitant to congratulate Jerry until I see what he does with the cap space this move created.
Old March 12 2014, 11:59 AM   #37
Scout101
Admiral

6 years, 57 mil for Talib? Enjoy that...

I guess it could make sense for a year or two, if you ignore the injury history, but why are they signing 6 year deals when the Broncos have a window of 1, maybe 2 before they're rebuilding and looking for a QB again?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old March 12 2014, 01:10 PM   #38
Use of Time
Commodore

Jonathan Martin has found a new home and it is with old coach Jim Harbaugh. Good for him. Hopefully he can make a fresh start of things over there.
Old March 12 2014, 01:28 PM   #39
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

So the Raiders drive a truckload of money up to Rodger Saffold's house..

Good luck getting a full season out of him.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old March 13 2014, 01:48 AM   #40
Tom Servo
Commodore

Revis to the Patriots for 1 year/ 12 Mil. Literally NOTHING to complain about with that deal if you're a Pats fan. Hell of a steal.

Member of Red Sox Nation
Old March 13 2014, 02:09 AM   #41
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Josh McCown signs with the Bucs. The Bears once again have no backup QB who's worth a shit.
Old March 13 2014, 02:33 AM   #42
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Josh McCown signs with the Bucs. The Bears once again have no backup QB who's worth a shit.
To be fair, it's not like 35-year-old Josh fucking McCown is any great shakes, either.
Old March 13 2014, 01:23 PM   #43
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

1001001 wrote: View Post
So the Raiders drive a truckload of money up to Rodger Saffold's house..

Good luck getting a full season out of him.
What I meant to say was, he's an excellent lineman who will contribute greatly to any team lucky enough to sign him....

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old March 14 2014, 12:04 AM   #44
Aragorn
Admiral

Charlie Whitehurst to the Titans, two years for up to $8 million. How the hell does this guy keep getting paid, and paid highly?
Old March 14 2014, 02:28 PM   #45
Use of Time
Commodore

Jason Hatcher to Washington. So just to clarify, the worst defense in the NFL just lost DeMarcus Ware and and their 11 sack pro bowler Jason Hatcher. Next year is going to be awesome.

...and apparantly Anthony Spencer is visiting Washington today. Not only are we going from bad to humiliating on defense, we are supplying our division rival with what decent defensive players we did have. I'm going to be a Broncos fan next year.