Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old February 14 2014, 05:11 AM   #451
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

^That actually goes a long way toward explaining Hill's important, but ultimately minor role as the DA on Law & Order for all those years. He does good work, but will only do so much of it. The shooting schedule must have been arranged around when he was willing to work.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2014, 08:14 PM   #452
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Today's theme is 23rd-century medical officers who used to be 19th-century army officers. I almost didn't recognize John Hoyt in beard and uniform on an AMC airing of The Rifleman this morning...though I knew who he was by the time he spent some time in the jail of fellow pilot doctor Paul (series regular Micah Torrance) Fix. Now De Kelley's sporting army blues on a Me-TV airing of Bonanza. Damn you and your infernal Cartwright logic, Hoss!
Old March 9 2014, 03:31 PM   #453
Forbin
Admiral

Anthony Caruso popped up in the 5th season Mannix I watched this week, "Wine from these grapes", as the head of a California vineyard. Oddly enough he didn't turn out to be the killer.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2014, 05:15 PM   #454
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

FormerLurker wrote: View Post
^That actually goes a long way toward explaining Hill's important, but ultimately minor role as the DA on Law & Order for all those years. He does good work, but will only do so much of it. The shooting schedule must have been arranged around when he was willing to work.
Then again, the DA (not the assistants, but the DA) on L&O never gets to do much anyway except sit in his office and say "Make the deal." None of the post-Adam Schiff DAs really deviated from this either.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2014, 12:03 AM   #455
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

A classic. Roger Carmel in THREE'S COMPANY.

ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2014, 02:23 AM   #456
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

Some, off the top of my head, that were probably already mentioned:
*Sid Haig was a gangster in the James Bond film Diamonds are Forever and is known by many of us 80s kids as the villain from Jason of Star Command. (And, he now plays characters in Rob Zombie films).

Sid Haig was also in Coffy w/Pam Grier...also playing a villain.

*Roger C. Carmel was in the Clint Eastwood film Breezy. The friend of the fifty-something protagonist portrayed by William Holden who is dating the onscreen girl of the title who is around 17 years old.

*I still find it funny that Fred Williamson was in an episode of Star Trek. Williamson was in a lot of films in the 1970s, and in later years. In That Man Bolt, he portrayed the courier Jefferson Bolt who came across a love interest in Hong Kong portrayed by another Trek performer, Miko Mayama.

*The actor who portrayed Cloud William from 'The Omega Glory' I recall was a detective (?) in Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. He was also a villain in the Paul Newman film Harper.

*Pamelyn Ferdin, who I understand was big during the 70s, voiced Lucy van Pelt in a Charlie Brown episode I used to watch frequently as a little kid - Play it Again, Charlie Brown. I also saw her - thanks to Youtube - in episodes of Vega$,Beretta, Odd Couple, Shazam, and Streets of San Francisco. (I understand that she is a big animal rights activist right now, and seems to be pretty serious about it).
Old March 10 2014, 03:11 AM   #457
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post
The actor who portrayed Cloud William from 'The Omega Glory' I recall was a detective (?) in Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. He was also a villain in the Paul Newman film Harper.
And in Soylent Green.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2014, 01:58 PM   #458
Forbin
Admiral

*Pamelyn Ferdin, who I understand was big during the 70s, voiced Lucy van Pelt in a Charlie Brown episode I used to watch frequently as a little kid - Play it Again, Charlie Brown. I also saw her - thanks to Youtube - in episodes of Vega$,Beretta, Odd Couple, Shazam, and Streets of San Francisco. (I understand that she is a big animal rights activist right now, and seems to be pretty serious about it).
Si. I just saw an episode of Penn & Teller's "Bullshit" that ripped her a new one and made her look pretty crazy.
Old March 10 2014, 02:33 PM   #459
Christopher
Writer

Pamelyn Ferdin and Brian Tochi, who appeared together in "And the Children Shall Lead," were both regulars on Filmation's Space Academy.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 01:17 AM   #460
J.T.B.
Commodore

*The actor who portrayed Cloud William from 'The Omega Glory' I recall was a detective (?) in Chinatown with Jack Nicholson.
Chinatown is one of my favorite movies and I knew Roy Jenson from other shows, but for some reason it was many years before I realized it was him in "The Omega Glory."

Jenson and Ken Lynch are in an "Andy Griffith" together.

J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 02:18 AM   #461
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

Forbin wrote: View Post

Si. I just saw an episode of Penn & Teller's "Bullshit" that ripped her a new one and made her look pretty crazy.
Sounds interesting. I'm going to have to catch that episode....
Old March 11 2014, 02:51 AM   #462
EnsignHarper
Commander

ME-tv just had a Hogan's from very late in its run, with Joseph (Galt) Ruskin as a particularly nasty Gestapo man.

(very late Hogan's: post Kinch, with the other black guy who suddenly showed up.)
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 07:46 AM   #463
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
The actor who portrayed Cloud William from 'The Omega Glory' I recall was a detective (?) in Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. He was also a villain in the Paul Newman film Harper.
And in Soylent Green.
He also had a minor role in the John Wayne film Big Jake.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 12:53 PM   #464
Forbin
Admiral

It's the PETA episode.
Old March 12 2014, 01:42 AM   #465
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

It's the PETA episode.
I was able to watch it yesterday after seeing your post, Forbin. I thought it was a well-paced, interesting episode just under 30min. And, I also liked how Penn & Teller showed a balanced view of PETA.

Yeah, Ferdin - according to how she is portrayed in the P&T episode - is kinda coo-coo. Cute, but coo-coo.