Takei Museum Fundraiser In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Star Trek 3 Villain?
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Montgomery Comic Book Signing
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Mulgrew To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old February 23 2014, 02:59 AM   #676
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Did anyone pick up the Beware the Batman DVD that came out on Tuesday? I just watched the two unaired episodes, Attraction and Fall. Attraction featured the return of Magpie and a disposeable episode. But Fall was really good.
Just watched the two unaired episodes and I agree. Attraction wasn't that great (sorry, Len Wein) but Fall was one of the best BtB episodes yet. From the larger scope and setting to the fight scenes, the series is developing nicely. The Alfred/Bruce moments were some of the best I've seen -- including televised or in print -- and this version of Alfred gave them a unique twist on the traditional by his very nature.

My one complaint: a cliff-hanger? With this show's sketchy broadcast scheduling, this story won't be resolved until Netflix agrees to air the "lost episodes" approximately a year from now, if we're lucky.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2014, 03:01 PM   #677
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

GL:TAS was supposed to be on netflix quite some time ago so I wouldn't even count on that.
Old February 24 2014, 04:02 AM   #678
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
Did anyone pick up the Beware the Batman DVD that came out on Tuesday? I just watched the two unaired episodes, Attraction and Fall. Attraction featured the return of Magpie and a disposeable episode. But Fall was really good.
Just watched the two unaired episodes and I agree. Attraction wasn't that great (sorry, Len Wein) but Fall was one of the best BtB episodes yet. From the larger scope and setting to the fight scenes, the series is developing nicely. The Alfred/Bruce moments were some of the best I've seen -- including televised or in print -- and this version of Alfred gave them a unique twist on the traditional by his very nature.

My one complaint: a cliff-hanger? With this show's sketchy broadcast scheduling, this story won't be resolved until Netflix agrees to air the "lost episodes" approximately a year from now, if we're lucky.
About the scope, yeah, there was actually a few cars on the road in Gotham!

Well, they were probably hoping for a longer run when they originally made that cliffhanger. I wish we could have gotten a conclusion too though.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 04:39 AM   #679
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

From the larger scope and setting to the fight scenes, the series is developing nicely.
About the scope, yeah, there was actually a few cars on the road in Gotham!

We all know that must have nearly bankrupted DC animation department

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 11:30 PM   #680
Dream
Admiral

Canceled
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 11:38 PM   #681
Christopher
Writer

Dream wrote: View Post
The cancellation isn't surprising, given CN's narrowing demographic objectives in recent years, but it's disturbing that they don't even seem to intend to air the rest of the series. Maybe Netflix could come to the rescue again like they did for The Clone Wars?

I note that there's a new Scooby-Doo series in the lineup which sounds like it could be picking up from the finale of Mystery Incorporated. That doesn't necessarily mean the same creative team will be involved, but the cancellation of Beware the Batman could free up Mitch Watson to return to Scooby-Doo and make this new show a worthy successor to SDMI. In which case there'd be something positive coming from this, at least. But that's purely speculative at this point.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2014, 11:53 PM   #682
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
The cancellation isn't surprising, given CN's narrowing demographic objectives in recent years, but it's disturbing that they don't even seem to intend to air the rest of the series. Maybe Netflix could come to the rescue again like they did for The Clone Wars?

I note that there's a new Scooby-Doo series in the lineup which sounds like it could be picking up from the finale of Mystery Incorporated. That doesn't necessarily mean the same creative team will be involved, but the cancellation of Beware the Batman could free up Mitch Watson to return to Scooby-Doo and make this new show a worthy successor to SDMI. In which case there'd be something positive coming from this, at least. But that's purely speculative at this point.
Excited to hear about the new Scooby series. Hopefully it does pick up after Mystery Inc. and they can maintain the same quality.

Though I find myself annoyed at the stories that Cartoon Network is "reviving" Scooby Doo. They've been reviving the show for over a decade...it's not something that's happening for the first time.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...-doo-back-life

Figured that was going to happen to Beware the Batman but too bad. Here's hoping for a Netflix revival.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2014, 12:09 AM   #683
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Teen Titans Go got renewed? I'm not at all excited by that news.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2014, 12:58 AM   #684
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

At least now we know there's 15 unaired episodes. That's more than Clone Wars!
Old March 12 2014, 04:58 AM   #685
JD
Admiral

Sad but not surprised about Beware the Batman. It was really starting to pick in quality, so I am very disappointed that it won't be coming back.
Old March 12 2014, 05:36 PM   #686
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Well with 15 unaired episodes that's a big incentive to bundle them all together with the released episodes and do one large series set.
Double Dip on those who bought the "Pt.1 set", bill it as the Series and stamp those stickers on there proclaiming 15 UNAIRED EPISODES!!!

That's what I'll buy when they are ready.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2014, 05:44 PM   #687
Pingfah
Admiral

I will bet the rest of the series will be broadcast by Netflix under a Season 2 banner.
Old March 14 2014, 01:32 AM   #688
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

For goodness sakes, how much does it cost to burn some episodes onto dvds and sell them over the internet? If they can't make even a few bucks doing that, they have no business being in business.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 05:47 AM   #689
JD
Admiral

Hell, they don't even need to put them on disc, they can just put on Netflix like others have said, or sell them as digital exclusives through ITunes, Google Play, Amazon, ect.
Old March 15 2014, 06:23 AM   #690
Dream
Admiral

I like how everyone is saying the unaired episodes show be shown on Netflix. If Netflix does that too much with canceled shows, they are going to become known as television's dumping ground.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote