Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old February 18 2014, 09:01 AM   #4246
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I only had time to grind the sci ship on one toon. Will complete today. 3 were parked in orbit the other day and I just flew around them taking in the view. :-)

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 18 2014, 09:52 AM   #4247
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
I only had time to grind the sci ship on one toon. Will complete today. 3 were parked in orbit the other day and I just flew around them taking in the view. :-)
Yes, aren't they an eysore. XD

I found myself parked near one in sector the other day. Would have made a snarky remark if not for teh fact that I was in a leveling Olympic class at the time! XD

Had I moved on to the Intrepid class, which I am enjoying now I would have had the high ground.
Old February 18 2014, 01:38 PM   #4248
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Made it to LtCommander on my main character. Some how there was a suffer up when I was getting my new ship. Ain't paying 15k for a new one at the moment. Had yet more fleet invites. Waiting on someone I know to send me one.

Didn't do anything with my secondary character that I made last night. Will leave her for a day or so, as I work with my main character and getting to Commander by the end of the weekend.
Old February 18 2014, 02:37 PM   #4249
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

To get a new ship you have to go talk to Admiral Quinn until he gives you several free tokens. One of them you can use at the shipyard to claim a free ship.
Only the main line stock ships are available of course, even though the selection features a few better c-store choices.

If you want to join the TrekBBS Armada leave your name@handle in the fleet thread or here and someone will send you an invite at their next opportunity.
Old February 19 2014, 11:35 AM   #4250
JeBuS
Lieutenant Commander

I got my Dyson Sphere Destroyer for my Romulan last night. Haven't used it yet, but I like the way it looks.
Old February 19 2014, 05:56 PM   #4251
T J
Commodore

Yeah, I got my fed Dyson on my science toon, not too bad, kinda like it. Still working on my rom tac toom, the rom Dyson is prettier... I like the klingon one too but not working on it.
Old February 19 2014, 06:19 PM   #4252
Levi
Lieutenant Commander

Im going to key in here don't mind me

I love leveling up and going through the ranks and all the ships! I actually have 3 Fed characters so I could try everything :P I never did play an Engineering Officer though. My first was a Tactical Officer I played all Cruisers. Then did a Science Officer w/ Science ships, and then another Tactical Officer w/ Tactical ships lol. My Rommy is also Tactical :/
I did really enjoy leveling my Science Officer though! I love the Intrepid class My Science Officer is still sitting at Captain, I don't want to get rid of that ship haha.
Got the Science Destroyer, but I decided to get it on my main Tactical Officer.
Old February 19 2014, 08:38 PM   #4253
PaleMoonlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post
Then click on Episodes> Klingon Wasteland>scroll down to Doomsday Device which should be your next mission and hail.
I got it to work by replaying the previous mission...not sure what happened there. I think the same thing happened again, Admiral Quinn popped up saying "greetings" and not much else...maybe its a bug in the game? At least I know how to sort of fix it now heh
Old February 20 2014, 04:46 AM   #4254
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Is it just me or does the new federation anniversery ship have a passing resemblance to some of the USS Vengeance concept designs?
Old February 20 2014, 04:48 AM   #4255
Scout101
Admiral

Fleet Mark bonus weekend starts tomorrow after the patch, so good weekend to get on grinding the crap out of them (50% bonus). If commendation reports count as well (not sure), could really cash in a boatload. Worst case, Colony Invasion is the quickest way to get them on the ground, takes <5 minutes and isn't bad. I generally switch through my couple toons in the fleet and run it on each of them whenever I log in.

Need a ton of marks for the Mine, which gets the mark discount, and then need slightly less for the embassy, so good time to get a nice bonus on doing these...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 20 2014, 05:45 AM   #4256
T J
Commodore

Ok, a question for all, having a hard time here. I've been trying to complete Tower Control but it never seems to complete. I'm playing with loads of people every zone is blue we get the the big T-rex at the end and kill it and then the whole zone resets to red and nothing... WTF?! How does one finish this damn mission, it's driving me crazy!!!! Thanks.
Old February 20 2014, 11:46 AM   #4257
Scout101
Admiral

should be working. As long as you've shot the T-Rex at least once, you should get 480 DIL when it dies, and then a bonus depending on how many out of 3 were killed. nothing else to it...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 20 2014, 12:32 PM   #4258
intrinsical
Commodore

T J wrote: View Post
Ok, a question for all, having a hard time here. I've been trying to complete Tower Control but it never seems to complete. I'm playing with loads of people every zone is blue we get the the big T-rex at the end and kill it and then the whole zone resets to red and nothing... WTF?! How does one finish this damn mission, it's driving me crazy!!!! Thanks.
What scout101 said.. you run to the nearest T-Rex, shoot it a handful of times, quickly run to the next T-Rex, shoot it another handful and run to the third T-Rex. This time, you kill the T-Rex and run back to kill the first two T-Rexes if they are still alive.

Everyone does this and it guarantees that you get the full dilithium rewards for the ground battlezone.
Old February 20 2014, 01:44 PM   #4259
DarkHorizon
Captain

T J wrote: View Post
If it's Tower Control, that's not a mission in the Battlezone - that's the various towers in the Contested Zone (space zone outside the Battlezone), taking control of the four(?) towers there from the Voth.
Old February 20 2014, 03:35 PM   #4260
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Fleet Mark bonus weekend starts tomorrow after the patch, so good weekend to get on grinding the crap out of them (50% bonus). If commendation reports count as well (not sure), could really cash in a boatload. Worst case, Colony Invasion is the quickest way to get them on the ground, takes <5 minutes and isn't bad. I generally switch through my couple toons in the fleet and run it on each of them whenever I log in.

Need a ton of marks for the Mine, which gets the mark discount, and then need slightly less for the embassy, so good time to get a nice bonus on doing these...
It's also a good time to collect some marks for those reputations you already completed. Get them and hold on to them, and then cash them out during the next Dilithium weekend for the bonus amount.

The battleground is great for marks. I earned over 600 marks during the last Dil weekend and cashed them all out for Dil. Battleground also gives you those Voth components you can cash out for Dil if you don't need them for anything else.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Closed Thread