RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,604
Posts: 5,425,263
Members: 24,806
Currently online: 432
Newest member: Mudang Harada

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 17 2014, 04:13 PM   #1276
wissaboo
Captain
 
wissaboo's Avatar
 
Location: canada
View wissaboo's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

I thought she was writing to God. She lost him and then found him again.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 04:46 PM   #1277
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I thought she was writing to God. She lost him and then found him again.
Interesting theory--and it would explain her transition (still progress) from "don't care Beth" at the beginning of the season, to one reclaiming her faith, as expressed to Daryl.
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 05:19 PM   #1278
dansigal
Commander
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I thought she was writing to God. She lost him and then found him again.
Except she said it in the context of getting her own room in the prison and being able to unpack her stuff. I thought it was pretty clear it was in reference to finding the diary.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 05:32 PM   #1279
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain
 
Mister Fandango's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

dansigal wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
I thought she was writing to God. She lost him and then found him again.
Except she said it in the context of getting her own room in the prison and being able to unpack her stuff. I thought it was pretty clear it was in reference to finding the diary.
Especially when she's shown ripping pages out of it to help with the fire later on.
__________________
WildStar
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 06:38 PM   #1280
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
the scene in MASH where a Korean woman ended up smothering a baby because it was crying and they were going to be caught by a North Korean patrol. I'm trying to remember the context, but I think Hawkeye was with them and was the one who told the Mother to keep the child quiet,
They were on a transport bus that was stuck off base in hostile territory, IIRC
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 06:54 PM   #1281
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral
 
Vendikarr's Avatar
 
Location: Vendikarr
Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Since the have the cast split, and seemingly headed in two different directions, I wonder if they are going to do two comic storylines at one time.

We have Beth, Daryl, Tyreese, Carol and the kids on the railroad tracks headed to Terminus (the safe haven).


And we have Glenn, Tara, Maggie, Bob and Sasha on the road.


The big question would be which group is Rick, Michonne and Carl going to run across.
__________________
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper

Last edited by Vendikarr; February 17 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 07:07 PM   #1282
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

When that guy said there was a safe haven ahead I wondered if it was gonna be the start of the Alexandria Safe-Zone plot from the comics, but it feels too early for that, esp so soon after the prison. I'd much rather they have more time on the road as in the comics too.


Also it'll be interesting if and when they eventually all get back together..
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 07:20 PM   #1283
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

There was a silly continuity error in last night's episode. Tara makes a reference to her sister and her nephew -- er -- writers/producers...she had a niece not a nephew. Ooops.

EDIT - Ok, rewatched it with the CC on and she said in the field not nephew. I did sound like nephew though. Maybe I need to clean the wax out of my ears...
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!

Last edited by Enterprise is Great; February 17 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 07:49 PM   #1284
Galileo7
Fleet Captain
 
Galileo7's Avatar
 
Location: U.S.A.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
dansigal wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
I thought she was writing to God. She lost him and then found him again.
Except she said it in the context of getting her own room in the prison and being able to unpack her stuff. I thought it was pretty clear it was in reference to finding the diary.
Especially when she's shown ripping pages out of it to help with the fire later on.
Agree.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 07:58 PM   #1285
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Since the have the cast split, and seemingly headed in two different directions, I wonder if they are going to do two comic storylines at one time.

We have Beth, Daryl, Tyreese, Carol and the kids on the railroad tracks headed to Terminus (the safe haven).


And we have Glenn, Tara, Maggie, Bob and Sasha on the road.


The big question would be which group is Rick, Michonne and Carl going to run across.
I hope they don't split up the group, TBH I hope they don't rush the current comic story line, let those story lines play out.
Who is going to replace Dale...Hmmmm.


Last edited by PKerr; February 18 2014 at 03:18 AM.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:01 PM   #1286
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Peregrine Cliff
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
First....CAROL IS BACK!!! YES!!! At long last, the moral compass of the Atlanta group--the heart of this series is back to set things straight.
Ditto.
__________________
"That's another thing Hollywood gets wrong. Real women EAT."

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:22 PM   #1287
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral
 
Vendikarr's Avatar
 
Location: Vendikarr
Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

PKerr wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Since the have the cast split, and seemingly headed in two different directions, I wonder if they are going to do two comic storylines at one time.

We have Beth, Daryl, Tyreese, Carol and the kids on the railroad tracks headed to Terminus (the safe haven).


And we have Glenn, Tara, Maggie, Bob and Sasha on the road.


The big question would be which group is Rick, Michonne and Carl going to run across.
I hope they don't slit up the group, TBH I hope they don't rush the current comic story line, let those story lines play out.
Who is going to replace Dale...Hmmmm.

There are too many characters now for one On the Road storyline. In the comics at this point there are 10 characters:
Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Sophia, Dale, Andrea, Ben and Billy.

The show currently has 15 characters in play:
Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Tyreese, Carol, Judith, Lizzy, Mika, Sasha, Bob, Beth, Daryl and Tara.

I think from a storytelling perspective, splitting the cast will work better for them.

And my guess for who takes Dale's place.. Bob.
__________________
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper

Last edited by Vendikarr; February 17 2014 at 09:31 PM.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:47 PM   #1288
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Since the have the cast split, and seemingly headed in two different directions, I wonder if they are going to do two comic storylines at one time.

We have Beth, Daryl, Tyreese, Carol and the kids on the railroad tracks headed to Terminus (the safe haven).


And we have Glenn, Tara, Maggie, Bob and Sasha on the road.


The big question would be which group is Rick, Michonne and Carl going to run across.
I hope they don't slit up the group, TBH I hope they don't rush the current comic story line, let those story lines play out.
Who is going to replace Dale...Hmmmm.

There are too many characters now for one On the Road storyline. In the comics at this point there are 10 characters:
Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Sophia, Dale, Andrea, Bobby and Billy.

The show currently has 15 characters in play:
Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Tyreese, Carol, Judith, Lizzy, Mika, Sasha, Bob, Beth, Daryl and Tara.

I think from a storytelling perspective, splitting the cast will work better for them.

And my guess for who takes Dale's place.. Bob.
Yeah but if

PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:55 PM   #1289
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Not sure Judith is a character so much as a plot device at this stage.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 09:11 PM   #1290
PKerr
Rear Admiral
 
PKerr's Avatar
 
Location: Tampa Fl
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

sojourner wrote: View Post
Not sure Judith is a character so much as a plot device at this stage.
Exactly, in a way I was just hoping we wouldn't have seen her again, it would have been an easy out for the writers other than taking the comic book route.

I just hope they don't use her for fabricated drama, gang hiding? make the baby cry, Gang trying to be sneaky? make the baby cry, need to get walker attention? make the baby cry....
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
season 4, the walking dead, twd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.