Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old February 7 2014, 12:57 PM   #211
jespah
Commodore

View jespah's Twitter Profile
Re: First time watching Enterprise!

Merlanthe, I hope your personal issues resolve soon, and in as positive a manner as possible. I'm enjoying your take on the series.
jespah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 01:59 PM   #212
MacLeod
Admiral

With regards to North Star, at least Reed remembered those Phase Pistols have a stun setting and shot the hostage.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 12:27 AM   #213
MikeyO
Ensign

Extinction
I do find it quite hypocritical of Archer at the end. He and Phlox are quite happy to preserve the last remaining sample of a dangerous and highly infectious mutagenic virus so that the species it represents wont be entirely wiped form existence but previously were quite happy to allow a living species that had asked for their help to die out because it was ‘what nature intended’.
I agree, I hated the end for the same reason. I enjoyed Linda Park in this episode though with her alien movements and body language. I actually wondered if it was a different actress.

Rajin
I was extremely annoyed at Archer being duped so easily (again...) and giving her free reign of the ship, as well as how seemingly easily the Xindi rescue her. Apparently MACO's aren't special forces quality. Even discounting their firearms not being effective, they could have used stun grenades more effectively. Overall I didn't care for this episode much either, especially with it following Extinction which I wasn't pleased with.

Twilight
At first I didn't think I would like it with its opening, but it ended up being my one of my favorites. When it skipped to the future and we realize T'Pol goes through this every morning for YEARS, I thought it was a great blend of Vulcan patience and human compassion. Then I questioned whether it was all for guilt or if she cared, but Blalock's performance was outstanding, in my opinion, because she subtly conveyed how deeply she really did care, despite what she tells the doctor later in the episode. And it was obvious there would be a reset-button at the end, but what it turned out to be surprised me. And although it didn't further the story at all, it did show the consequences of failure in their mission. And I thought the scene with T'Pol flying the docked ship into the other was friggen awesome.

Watching Twilight made me want to join the forum and start talking about the show with others.
MikeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 12:35 AM   #214
MikeyO
Ensign

MacLeod wrote: View Post
With regards to North Star, at least Reed remembered those Phase Pistols have a stun setting and shot the hostage.
Another good episode, albeit a fairly cliched western, I enjoyed it. I like the MACO's sniper (ish) rifle. The female MACO takes out more baddies then everyone else combined I think. In fact I think the first person Malcolm shot was T'Pol. And Archer beats the villain in a scuffle with only one good arm. I like how Archer frequently gets into fist fights, just like Kirk in TOS. I also half expected him to tell the humans that they might be better off here in the long run with the Xindi bent on destroying Earth and all. Some people mentioned him getting involved when he wouldn't in other circumstances, but the fact that these were humans sort of made the difference to him and to me. All in all I thought it was a good stand-alone episode.
MikeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 11:21 AM   #215
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

"Twilight" was one of my favorite episodes, but I've recently seem Memento and now can't help but see them in the writing room, going "we have to make a Trek version of this!"
Old February 8 2014, 09:22 PM   #216
SpHeRe31459
Captain

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
"Twilight" was one of my favorite episodes, but I've recently seem Memento and now can't help but see them in the writing room, going "we have to make a Trek version of this!"
That's certainly plausible. Memento was a cult classic, everyone I knew was renting it and spreading the word about it in the early 2000s.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2014, 01:14 AM   #217
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Just out of curiosity can anyone tell from my posts which characters are my favourites so far?

Cant recall if i have mentioned them as being my favourites before just wondering if its obvious from my posts.
Old February 15 2014, 04:51 AM   #218
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Merlanthe wrote: View Post
Just out of curiosity can anyone tell from my posts which characters are my favourites so far?

Cant recall if i have mentioned them as being my favourites before just wondering if its obvious from my posts.
Trip and T'Pol?
Old February 15 2014, 08:00 AM   #219
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Merlanthe wrote: View Post
Okay so i recently acquired the complete all 4 seasons of Enterprise on dvd. I've only ever seen a handful of episodes from the first season back when the show first premiered on tv (gosh it seems so long long ago) and a couple episodes that were on my borg/time travel/alternate reality fan collectives.

So i wouldnt say i was a complete stranger to the series but apart from the aforementioned handful of episodes i have a lot of unseen material and am quite excited at the prospect of the many many epsiodes (entire seasons of episodes!) of unseen trek that i have yet to discover

Im going to post my thoughts on each episode on this thread in case any one is interested to read them starting with my thoughts on the pilot Broken Bow tomorrow.
I tried this with similar viewing habits for the original run. I couldn't get through season 3. 12 years since the premiere. Wow.
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote