RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,858
Posts: 5,696,466
Members: 25,684
Currently online: 443
Newest member: fondestgreeting

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Phage
By: Michelle on May 2

The Next Generation Shower Curtain
By: T'Bonz on May 1

Burton Part of Roots Reboot
By: T'Bonz on May 1

May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Eve Faces Backlash For Jenner Comments
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Frakes: Forget About Trek On TV
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Worf Vinyl Bust Bank
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 14 2014, 01:02 AM   #31
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
Gomez and Morticia Addams



(If "fantasy" sitcoms don't qualify, I'll come up with another one.)
As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:32 AM   #32
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post

As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
There are also supernatural bits like Uncle Fester's ability to light up a light bulb by putting it in his mouth, and Morticia's habit of "smoking" (when smoke mysteriously emanates from her body.)

And then there's Cousin Itt. What species is he supposed to be?


Okay, so I'm going with Cleopatra and Mark Antony from the 1963 film.

__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:42 AM   #33
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
Gomez and Morticia Addams



(If "fantasy" sitcoms don't qualify, I'll come up with another one.)
As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
scotpens wrote: View Post
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post

How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
There are also supernatural bits like Uncle Fester's ability to light up a light bulb by putting it in his mouth, and Morticia's habit of "smoking" (when smoke mysteriously emanates from her body.)

And then there's Cousin Itt. What species is he supposed to be?
Asked and answered---and answered rather well.

OK, poll will go up early tomorrow. Any last minute entries?
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:50 AM   #34
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
 
Timewalker's Avatar
 
Location: In many different universes, simultaneously.
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

scotpens wrote: View Post
Okay, so I'm going with Cleopatra and Mark Antony from the 1963 film.

Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
__________________
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:58 AM   #35
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version is the best film of Romeo and Juliet. But I figured one R&J avatar was enough.
__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 07:36 AM   #36
Zulu Romeo
World Famous Starship Captain
 
Zulu Romeo's Avatar
 
Send a message via Yahoo to Zulu Romeo
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

scotpens wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version is the best film of Romeo and Juliet. But I figured one R&J avatar was enough.
Oh no, I think a mini battle of the Zeffirellis and the Luhrmanns is entirely in the spirit of R&J.
__________________
"In Germany, fear comes before sex... and if you're lucky, then a little bit later, an elf." -- Victoria Coren Mitchell
Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:16 PM   #37
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

OK, thread closed. New poll up will be up shortly.

eta: new poll is here.

Last edited by auntiehill; February 14 2014 at 06:43 PM.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.