RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,618
Posts: 5,426,264
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 409
Newest member: 8 of 9

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 14 2014, 01:02 AM   #31
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
Gomez and Morticia Addams



(If "fantasy" sitcoms don't qualify, I'll come up with another one.)
As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:32 AM   #32
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post

As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
There are also supernatural bits like Uncle Fester's ability to light up a light bulb by putting it in his mouth, and Morticia's habit of "smoking" (when smoke mysteriously emanates from her body.)

And then there's Cousin Itt. What species is he supposed to be?


Okay, so I'm going with Cleopatra and Mark Antony from the 1963 film.

__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:42 AM   #33
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: geeksville
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
Gomez and Morticia Addams



(If "fantasy" sitcoms don't qualify, I'll come up with another one.)
As stated in the OP, no science fiction or fantasy. Sorry.
How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
scotpens wrote: View Post
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post

How is the Addams Family a Sci Fi or fantasy show?
There's no magic to make it a fantasy. No advanced technology to make it sci fi.
Isn't there a detached hand running around doing weird stuff?
There are also supernatural bits like Uncle Fester's ability to light up a light bulb by putting it in his mouth, and Morticia's habit of "smoking" (when smoke mysteriously emanates from her body.)

And then there's Cousin Itt. What species is he supposed to be?
Asked and answered---and answered rather well.

OK, poll will go up early tomorrow. Any last minute entries?
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:50 AM   #34
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
 
Timewalker's Avatar
 
Location: In many different universes, simultaneously.
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

scotpens wrote: View Post
Okay, so I'm going with Cleopatra and Mark Antony from the 1963 film.

Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
__________________
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:58 AM   #35
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version is the best film of Romeo and Juliet. But I figured one R&J avatar was enough.
__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 07:36 AM   #36
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now
 
Zulu Romeo's Avatar
 
Location: looming over the warp and woof of awesome
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

scotpens wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Aw, I liked your Romeo and Juliet one better - that's THE definitive movie based on that play, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version is the best film of Romeo and Juliet. But I figured one R&J avatar was enough.
Oh no, I think a mini battle of the Zeffirellis and the Luhrmanns is entirely in the spirit of R&J.
__________________
"In Germany, fear comes before sex... and if you're lucky, then a little bit later, an elf." -- Victoria Coren Mitchell

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 06:16 PM   #37
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: geeksville
Re: ENTER! TV/Media Av Contest: Love Is In The Air

OK, thread closed. New poll up will be up shortly.

eta: new poll is here.

Last edited by auntiehill; February 14 2014 at 06:43 PM.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.