Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 13 2014, 05:40 PM   #1231
sojourner
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

I doubt that Carl and Rick thought everyone was dead. They just had more pressing priorities to deal with first.
Old February 13 2014, 05:47 PM   #1232
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Carl seemed to imply it with his monologue to Rick when he said, "They're all gone now" and "You couldn't protect them." And he puts Judith*, Hershel, and Lori, in the same sentence as Daryl, Glenn, Michonne and Maggie. It could be viewed either way, but I think Carl was concerned that everyone else was dead.

* Because he believes her to be dead. I think she's actually alive.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 06:08 PM   #1233
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

A meetup place would be useless if there happened to be a mega herd of zombies there that day
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 06:15 PM   #1234
Mojochi
Commodore

It's possible, maybe even dramatically probable, but I'll be surprised if we see that baby. Things are supposed to get grim

As for a feasible rendezvous point, I suppose if it were me, maybe a nearby barn or house that is a few hours walk from the prison, make a map to show everyone, a place they could hide out & maybe defend for a night or two. People were coming & going from that prison for quite some time. They should know the area well enough for that

Yeah, the way they split up, it could be days or weeks before any of them randomly reconnect, if ever. If there was something, anything for them to go on, it could have been much less, maybe even a same day regroup
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 06:18 PM   #1235
wissaboo
Captain

maybe they do have a meetup plan but are all convinced they others are dead. In one of the previews Beth is arguing to Daryl that someone else must have survived. Above Ryan makes a good argument that Carl thinks everyone else is dead. Michonne seems pretty overwhelmed to find someone alive.
Old February 13 2014, 06:20 PM   #1236
dansigal
Commander

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post
It should be a landmark that is not far, somewhat secluded from walkers or enemies, & a place everyone knows how to get to.
Yeah, that all sounds theoretically good, but I don't really think there are such places.
Sure there are. What about the neighborhood they are in now, which seemed to be no more than a day or so's walk away. It's really no stretch of the imagination to say they should have had a planned general area that they made their way to in case of absolute emergency.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 06:23 PM   #1237
wissaboo
Captain

dansigal wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post
It should be a landmark that is not far, somewhat secluded from walkers or enemies, & a place everyone knows how to get to.
Yeah, that all sounds theoretically good, but I don't really think there are such places.
Sure there are. What about the neighborhood they are in now, which seemed to be no more than a day or so's walk away. It's really no stretch of the imagination to say they should have had a planned general area that they made their way to in case of absolute emergency.
Very few of the "inmates" were leaving the prison and quite likely wouldn't know the area that well. Also, just because there were no walkers in that neighbourhood today doesn't mean there won't be 5000 of them there tomorrow.
Old February 13 2014, 06:42 PM   #1238
Ryan8bit
Commodore

wissaboo wrote: View Post
dansigal wrote: View Post

Very few of the "inmates" were leaving the prison and quite likely wouldn't know the area that well. Also, just because there were no walkers in that neighbourhood today doesn't mean there won't be 5000 of them there tomorrow.
Or 5000 yesterday. I mean maybe that's the place that the walkers that kept coming to the prison were coming from. Prior experiences with the suburbs were that they were somewhat dangerous, potentially much more so. I wouldn't be surprised if they did encounter this place on their travels, but the streets were full of walkers.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 07:03 PM   #1239
sojourner
Admiral

They should of all just met at the biker bar.
Old February 13 2014, 08:06 PM   #1240
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

I found it a little wierd that after many months living at the prison, that the Biker Bar, the surrounding neighborhoods, and everywhere Rick and Michonne and Carl were this week hadn't been absolutely picked over by that point. These were all withing walking / limping distance of the prison, and while the houses had been visibly ransacked there was plenty of stuff left over. The Walmart or whatever from earlier this season was also pretty healthily stocked...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 08:25 PM   #1241
sojourner
Admiral

It really depends on how many people are in the surrounding area. From the prison group point of view, individual houses would be low priority (and more dangerous) compared to large facilities such as the big box stores.
Old February 14 2014, 03:09 AM   #1242
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
I found it a little wierd that after many months living at the prison, that the Biker Bar, the surrounding neighborhoods, and everywhere Rick and Michonne and Carl were this week hadn't been absolutely picked over by that point. These were all withing walking / limping distance of the prison, and while the houses had been visibly ransacked there was plenty of stuff left over. The Walmart or whatever from earlier this season was also pretty healthily stocked...

Mark
Beat me to it.
Also remember Rick and crew said they were doing a spiral pattern (around the prison) for several months (between seasons 2 and 3) before they actually found the prison, they were reduced to cans of dog food.
Rick and Carl could not have gotten more than a few miles from the prison the way Rick was moving, so that area they settled in should have been picked clean a dozen times over.

Also here is an international trailer that has a few more tidbit scenes from upcoming episodes AND

A spoiler pic if you click this link

Last edited by PKerr; February 14 2014 at 03:39 AM.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 04:03 AM   #1243
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

PKerr wrote: View Post

I can't tell what any of that is besides trees
Old February 14 2014, 05:38 AM   #1244
propita
Rear Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post

I can't tell what any of that is besides trees
That's
. The woman isn't Beth, cause we know she's with Darryl.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2014, 07:11 AM   #1245
Borgminister

Whooooaaaa....
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote