Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 6 2014, 03:30 AM   #4216
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

JeBuS wrote: View Post
I have only just gotten back into the game after a year or so off. What are mining claims?
There are now two dilithium mines in Beta Ursae sector.

There's a fleet owned dilithium mine where fleet members can mine 8? dilithium nodes. The amount of dil mined varies between 1000 to 3000 depending on the tier of the dilithium mine.

Then there's the public mine where captains can mine 3 dilithium nodes each day, giving you around 1000-15000 dilithium. Opening lockboxes will sometimes give you VIP mining claims that allow you to mine a rich dilithium node that can net you around 4000 dilithium.
Old February 6 2014, 02:11 PM   #4217
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Big DIL bonus weekend starts tomorrow after your regular update time. 50% more DIL on most things, 100% bonus on mining claims.

Since the Fleet needs a big boost of DIL for the project upgrades, recommend everyone try and get some grinding time in! Voth Battlezone already pays out really well, so with a 50% bonus on top of that, that's the place to be to really clean up this weekend!
Why don't we make it a competition? Everyone try and earn as much Dil as you can this weekend. Post your current Dil amount, and when the weekend is over post a screen shot of your final Dil total.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2014, 02:51 PM   #4218
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Big DIL bonus weekend starts tomorrow after your regular update time. 50% more DIL on most things, 100% bonus on mining claims.

Since the Fleet needs a big boost of DIL for the project upgrades, recommend everyone try and get some grinding time in! Voth Battlezone already pays out really well, so with a 50% bonus on top of that, that's the place to be to really clean up this weekend!
Why don't we make it a competition? Everyone try and earn as much Dil as you can this weekend. Post your current Dil amount, and when the weekend is over post a screen shot of your final Dil total.
Easy. 0 Dilithium right now.
Been siphoning the meager amounts I got from my 15 minute play every other fortnight directly toward one or teh other upgrade project anyway.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2014, 09:42 PM   #4219
DarkHorizon
Captain

Heh. I reached Tier 5 Omega Rep today. 13.5k dil...
Old February 6 2014, 11:24 PM   #4220
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

I currently have 480 dil for me to start the weekend.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old February 7 2014, 12:52 AM   #4221
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I'm at 302,000 right now from stipidends.

I'm mostly being chincy with it for fleet and stf gear purposes plus I kind of already dumped alot into fleet projects a few weeks ago.

I'll probably do some dilithium grinding this weekend and dump it in some projects.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 04:18 AM   #4222
Scout101
Admiral

Goal should be to see if we can kick at least one of the projects off. Spire T1 is the closest one...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2014, 02:42 AM   #4223
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

I took care of all the duty officer requirements, got two projects kicked off. Filled in some of the other items, except the two that required a LOT of seismic stabilizers and terraforming systems. So mostly just need fleet marks and dil for the rest of the projects.
Old February 9 2014, 12:38 PM   #4224
Runetouch
Lieutenant Commander

I liked the 'A Step Between Stars' episode. Rather fun. And the voice acting was very good as well.
Runetouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2014, 07:32 PM   #4225
matthunter
Vice Admiral

I'll say one thing for the bonus weekend - it actually got me into the Battlezone a few times. My first attempt when S8 launched was a fairly negative experience - too few people running it to make much progress and the one time we did flip the zone, I couldn't locate the V-Rexes to tag any of them, so missed the rewards.

With the bonus in place, the zones are much more active. I do agree with someone I saw in chat, though - they should bump the Dil rewards for capture points and nerf the ones for the Rexes, to reward people who contribute to the flip rather than those who simply beam in once the Rexes spawn and go tagging.
If you're frustrated with a smug, arrogant right-wing nutjob poster who never backs up their arguments and twists out of answering straight questions, try the Ignore feature! Now with raspberry filling.
matthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 02:55 AM   #4226
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Over the weekend I earned over 280k Dil across my various characters. I have finished the dil requirement for the Mine development facility, and also bought the Seismic Stabilizers.

So the mine just needs Fleet Marks.
Old February 10 2014, 01:04 PM   #4227
Scout101
Admiral

280k? Jeez, i was just starting to feel good about my modest gains

That's awesome, Vendikarr! Now let's just grind out those marks! PVE events, or the quickest way is to max out on doff assignments and then turn them in for Commendations, which should be giving you 75-100 marks a pop. You just need 110k or more experience in any of the areas, then pop by the starbase to exchange the extra for an assignment.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old February 10 2014, 06:47 PM   #4228
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

280k? Jeez, i was just starting to feel good about my modest gains

That's awesome, Vendikarr! Now let's just grind out those marks! PVE events, or the quickest way is to max out on doff assignments and then turn them in for Commendations, which should be giving you 75-100 marks a pop. You just need 110k or more experience in any of the areas, then pop by the starbase to exchange the extra for an assignment.
Vendikarr has always been the Dilithium king in the fleet.
Unlike most he invests also Zen to turn into resources afaik.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 08:22 AM   #4229
Rocketeer
Captain

Has anyone purchased an extra Ground or Space DOFF slot? How's your ROI? Do you notice a distinct advantage?

Finally received my Silver Tickets for Destination Star Trek and getting excited. It's been 10 years since I went to a dedicated Star Trek con. If you're in the area, look for a mirror image Spock in a Cmdr Next Generation science uniform.

Thanks.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014

Last edited by Rocketeer; February 13 2014 at 08:56 AM.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 01:47 PM   #4230
Scout101
Admiral

I bought the extra space one, but sadly haven't actually played any space content in the last week or two to check it. Been all anniversary events, voth battlezone, or colony invasion. Just grinding Qmendations, DIL, and Marks to feed the projects atm...

Seems like a no-brainer to buy if you've got the fleet credits to spare and don't plan to blow them on a console/ship/weapon upgrade right away. I passed for the moment on the ground slot, just couldn't talk myself into needing any of the extra powers the slot would bring. Space, though, is an easy way to increase DPS or healing