MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old February 6 2014, 07:31 PM   #1006
AliciaD496
Fleet Captain

View AliciaD496's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

I would have loved to have gone to the parade or rally, unfortunately I had class in Bothell until 10:45 and by then it was nearly impossible to get into downtown anyway. I can't imagine how you could stand to be out there in the cold for so long! I was at home watching it on TV later and I felt cold just seeing the people in all their layers of clothing! I liked what both Carroll and Wilson said in their speeches yesterday, this is only the beginning! GO HAWKS!
Old February 6 2014, 10:26 PM   #1007
Aragorn
Admiral

CBS will now be airing eight Thursday Night Football games.

In addition to broadcasting eight early season games, CBS will produce a total of 14 Thursday night games and two Saturday evening games. The remaining games will air on NFL Network.

The eight games on CBS will also be simulcast on the NFL Network.
Old February 6 2014, 11:29 PM   #1008
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

AliciaD496 wrote: View Post
I would have loved to have gone to the parade or rally, unfortunately I had class in Bothell until 10:45 and by then it was nearly impossible to get into downtown anyway. I can't imagine how you could stand to be out there in the cold for so long! I was at home watching it on TV later and I felt cold just seeing the people in all their layers of clothing! I liked what both Carroll and Wilson said in their speeches yesterday, this is only the beginning! GO HAWKS!
This was a very good beginning indeed. So your school didn't cancel? My alma mater... many profs did. One of my old profs didn't... what a butt!
Old February 7 2014, 01:30 AM   #1009
AliciaD496
Fleet Captain

View AliciaD496's Twitter Profile

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
This was a very good beginning indeed. So your school didn't cancel? My alma mater... many profs did. One of my old profs didn't... what a butt!
Nope! UW Bothell had no official cancellation policy, and my prof carried on as usual. I think more people were missing from my class today than yesterday.

Looking forward to next season now. I may even try to get to a game this year. I've never been to an event at the Clink yet.
Old February 7 2014, 02:17 AM   #1010
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

I haven't been there since 2003. My brother has season tickets...
Old February 7 2014, 10:43 PM   #1011
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Davros wrote: View Post
Caligula wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
Peyton is simply not a quarterback who can be in the same conversation with the Montanas, Staubachs, Bradshaws, Farves, Manning's, Bradys, players who were able to make something out of nothing in their team's biggest game.
Not to nitpick... BUT... it's Favre, not Farve.

If Peyton doesn't belong in that group, neither does Favre. They have the same amount of Super Bowl titles. Favre threw FAR more interceptions, and the only reason he doesn't have more playoff losses than Peyton is because Brett couldn't get the Packers/Jets/Vikings to the playoffs as often as Peyton has with the Colts/Broncos.

If neither of them belongs, does Peyton's brother Eli? He has one more Super Bowl title, and both WERE won in clutch situations, but he's far less consistent than any of those other names and has had far more BAD games than brother Peyton (like the nine that the Giants lost this season, for instance). How about Staubach? He lost just as many Super Bowls as Peyton did, both to Pittsburgh. Tom Brady has lost two as well, both to Eli's N.Y. Giants.

Peyton is no Joe Montana and has never had as complete an offense as Terry Bradshaw enjoyed, nor as brilliant a head coach as Tom Brady has been privileged with, but he's done enough in his career to be mentioned among the all-time greats.
Dan Marino never won a Superbowl, and I don't see anybody downgrading his achievements.
My point, exactly.
Old February 7 2014, 11:10 PM   #1012
Scout101
Admiral

Downgrade, no. Or at least not talking down to. But when you're arguing and making that list of 'best ever', he's way down the list after people like Montana, Bradshaw, or even Brady, no?

So there IS something to never winning a championship...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 7 2014, 11:38 PM   #1013
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
So there IS something to never winning a championship...
Sure there's something to it... but it isn't the end all, be all that most Monday morning pundits would have us believe.
Old February 8 2014, 04:52 AM   #1014
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Downgrade, no. Or at least not talking down to. But when you're arguing and making that list of 'best ever', he's way down the list after people like Montana, Bradshaw, or even Brady, no?
Bradshaw and Brady? No. He, was better than both of those guys.
Old February 8 2014, 06:37 AM   #1015
Tom Servo
Commodore

Well it's not like Bradshaw is ever considered one of the best of all time, just a very good QB who helped some really good teams win Superbowls. He was great when his team needed him to be in the postseason, and that is a good trait to have. Brady, when he retires will be considered one of the best all time QBs. Period.

Member of Red Sox Nation
Old February 8 2014, 08:27 PM   #1016
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I give Brady all the credit in the world. He has some great receivers, but he really had to carry and lead the Pats this year with their no-name receiver core.
Old February 8 2014, 09:36 PM   #1017
the 4th Hanson bro
I shot my eye out!

Since the season is over, feel free to start and carry the discussion to the offseason thread.
Closed Thread