Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 5 2014, 06:40 AM   #121
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The X-Files - First Time Watching

Colony/End Game

The last few episodes have dealt with witchcraft, voodoo, and some other strange stuff that has left me feeling like X-Files was taking a direction to the weird and somewhat creepy. I'm glad I finally got to these episodes, which reminded me there is a bigger picture out there and it was about time they moved forward with the mythological arc.

This episode deals with bringing back Mulder's Sister, in a surprise twist, and also introducing the Bounty Hunter, who I can't wait to see again. That guy was cool, in a T-1000 kind of way (Hey, we have a thread here about liking or disliking Terminator II) and that's who I was thinking about watching this guy. He wasn't creepy like Pfaster or Ms. Paddock, but he is a Villain that the X-Files kind of needs. Everything so far has been about the Government and denying and yeah we have Cancer Man and Krycek, but I've got a feeling the Bounty Hunter only has one agenda.

Also liked that these episodes reminded us of Mulder's Sister and we got to see her. Now the next step is where did she go, and what about all the other clones. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and it adds quite a bit to the Conspiracy arc from earlier in the season. Also loved the ending scene with Scully sitting at Mulder's Bedside. I've missed those quiet moments (Like from the premiere episode) and it was nice to finally get one here.
Old February 5 2014, 12:36 PM   #122
The Laughing Vulcan
Admiral

SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
Colony/End Game

The last few episodes have dealt with witchcraft, voodoo, and some other strange stuff that has left me feeling like X-Files was taking a direction to the weird and somewhat creepy. I'm glad I finally got to these episodes, which reminded me there is a bigger picture out there and it was about time they moved forward with the mythological arc.

This episode deals with bringing back Mulder's Sister, in a surprise twist, and also introducing the Bounty Hunter, who I can't wait to see again. That guy was cool, in a T-1000 kind of way (Hey, we have a thread here about liking or disliking Terminator II) and that's who I was thinking about watching this guy. He wasn't creepy like Pfaster or Ms. Paddock, but he is a Villain that the X-Files kind of needs. Everything so far has been about the Government and denying and yeah we have Cancer Man and Krycek, but I've got a feeling the Bounty Hunter only has one agenda.

Also liked that these episodes reminded us of Mulder's Sister and we got to see her. Now the next step is where did she go, and what about all the other clones. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and it adds quite a bit to the Conspiracy arc from earlier in the season. Also loved the ending scene with Scully sitting at Mulder's Bedside. I've missed those quiet moments (Like from the premiere episode) and it was nice to finally get one here.
Interesting bit of trivia, The actor who played the Bounty Hunter, Brian Thompson, was in the original Terminator movie (although he didn't make it past the Terminator's first appearance in 1984). Of course for a more blatant T2 link, wait till Season 8

Anime @ MyReviewer
The Laughing Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2014, 10:02 PM   #123
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

The Laughing Vulcan wrote: View Post
SJSharksfan39 wrote: View Post
Colony/End Game

Interesting bit of trivia, The actor who played the Bounty Hunter, Brian Thompson, was in the original Terminator movie (although he didn't make it past the Terminator's first appearance in 1984). Of course for a more blatant T2 link, wait till Season 8
That's cool. It's been so long since I've seen the Terminator movies (Didn't even see Salvation), so I didn't even recognize him.
Old February 7 2014, 07:45 AM   #124
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Humbug

This was one of the most bizarre and wacky episodes of the series I've seen so far and quite amusing. All these characters in this town were just so out there that there were moments when I didn't know what I was watching. You had the guy eating fish, the small guy talking about his size every moment he got, and a pretty great scene in a funhouse. This season feels like X-Files going towards the weird and Bizarre, and I don't think you can get as Bizarre as this episode got.
Old February 7 2014, 08:05 AM   #125
sojourner
Admiral

Wait till you see the episode with Alex Tribeck.
Old February 7 2014, 02:38 PM   #126
Forbin
Admiral

Brian Thompson (my wife calls him "Jaw Boy") has been in a LOT of genre things, including the very first episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and various Star Treks. The latest thing I saw him in was the lottery commercial where he appears as a giant tough guy who screams like a little girl when he hears how much the lottery prize is.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 09:41 PM   #127
NCC1701MF
Captain

Forbin wrote: View Post
Brian Thompson (my wife calls him "Jaw Boy") has been in a LOT of genre things, including the very first episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and various Star Treks. The latest thing I saw him in was the lottery commercial where he appears as a giant tough guy who screams like a little girl when he hears how much the lottery prize is.
He was Hawaii Five-0 a few weeks ago.

"I have many skills" - Xena
"Make it so" - Picard
NCC1701MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 10:08 PM   #128
Forbin
Admiral

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAqXq4YgYE
Old February 8 2014, 05:31 PM   #129
USS Firefly
Commander

Hahaha he really have a high voice
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2014, 11:47 AM   #130
Lonemagpie
Writer

For some reason History's H2 channel in the UK started showing it with a marathon last night... Which is at least a marginally better option than the Living Channel or whatever that started it a couple of months ago - there's only so many times you can sit through a trailer for "Preacher's Daughters".

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 01:36 AM   #131
Roddenberry
Lieutenant Commander

A bit further ahead in my 1st time/re-watch of The X-Files. Just finished season 5 and it's the first season I watched in which more episodes were 1st time watches for me.
Roddenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 01:45 AM   #132
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Can't believe I'm at the end of Season 2. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the season this week but I am busy and it is the Olympics. Might watch some tonight though. Season 1 ended with a bang. Hopefully Season 2 rose the stakes a little bit.
Old February 10 2014, 06:34 AM   #133
C_Miller
Captain

I think the end of Season 2 through the middle of Season 3 is probably my favorite era of the show. In the first five season it was never bad, but to me, this is where it struck the best balance. The Monster-of-the-Week episodes are strong enough to not feel like a lame distraction from the mytharc and the mytharc episodes still have a ton of intrigue, which is something they lost after a while, which in turn came along with it being clear that Chris Carter was really making it up as he went along. You also are coming up on the Darin Morgan episodes ("Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," "War of the Coprophages" & "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"). They show that X-Files can do dark comedy as good as any one.

I envy you being able to enjoy this period for the first time.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 02:35 PM   #134
Forbin
Admiral

Mmm. Doctor Bambi.
Old February 12 2014, 06:39 AM   #135
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Soft Light

This episode had a really interesting premise that reminded me alot of the Doctor Who episode about the Library. However, I'm kind of getting a little frustrated with the whole X thing. Why is Mulder trusting this dude, when it seems like the entire season he's put Mulder through one bad thing after another. I know he has his own agenda and at this point it's unclear what it is, but I'm not sure if he's Helping Mulder or not. However, that scene at the end with him looking at Benton and that haunting score in the background was really creepy in a cool way.