A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 12 2014, 10:36 AM   #2131
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
... but considering Turner's hair is dyed red to begin with, I don't know why they wouldn't just dye it again.
Maybe she likes her hair red and doesn't want to change it?

I don't think changing he hair color is necessary, people who know Sansa will recognize her with any hair color and people who don't know her won't figure out who she is just because of her hair, it's not that special, the show can just ignore that bit from the novels.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 03:42 AM   #2132
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Season 4 trailer has arrived.

*insert hype.gif here*

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 05:01 AM   #2133
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Looks good. This season should be a good sign as to how they will handle the next few seasons, shuffling up the books everywhere but in Kings Landing (and making a few changes there as well).
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 07:41 PM   #2134
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Nice trailer!
Old January 13 2014, 09:51 PM   #2135
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Looks good. This season should be a good sign as to how they will handle the next few seasons, shuffling up the books everywhere but in Kings Landing (and making a few changes there as well).
King's Landing is going to be pretty much depopulated this year (after hitting peak capacity in the same season).

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2014, 03:29 PM   #2136
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I cannot wait until the longer look is posted.

I wonder what they will do with Bran and Co plus Rickon this year? It looks like parts of Bran's book 4 story will begin. In the last season they sent Rickon off to the Umbers. I wonder if they will use that to show opposition to Roose's rule?
Old February 4 2014, 05:43 PM   #2137
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Nothing earth-shattering...
Old February 5 2014, 11:18 PM   #2138
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

They've done Bran's entire story from A Storm of Swords already, so there's not much to do but get into his three A Dance with Dragons chapters. Bloodraven is appearing this year, which means they'll be getting through at least two of the three; I expect they'll also do part of the third, which spans a long time and has enough interesting material that it could easily cover the entire fifth season as well.

In the books, Rickon and Osha haven't appeared on page since the end of A Clash of Kings, but we know they end up on Skagos, an island to the east of the Wall reportedly inhabited by cannibals. Davos is tasked with rescuing them as the price for Wyman Manderly's support of Stannis. What'll happen on the show, I have no idea. There's no information either way on whether Natalia Tena and Art Parkinson did filming for this season.
Old February 5 2014, 11:28 PM   #2139
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Here's a profile of Emilia Clarke from The Wall Street Journal Magazine with a slideshow of the magazine photo shoot.
Old February 6 2014, 05:26 AM   #2140
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
There's no information either way on whether Natalia Tena and Art Parkinson did filming for this season.
Yeah, there is. They didn't (Tena said as much).

- Homer Simpson
Old February 6 2014, 01:16 PM   #2141
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Not doubting you particularly, but do you have a source for that? I see a Spanish-language interview where she's uncertain, but nothing else. And, something I hadn't noticed before, Art Parkinson tweeted last summer about being in Belfast with lots of lines to learn. Maybe that was for another project, though.
Old February 6 2014, 02:05 PM   #2142
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Or he was just being snarky, he did something similar before season 3 started, when he said he wasn't sure if he filmed scenes for it, he knows that Rickon is the unimportant and often forgotten Stark.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2014, 07:12 PM   #2143
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Not doubting you particularly, but do you have a source for that? I see a Spanish-language interview where she's uncertain, but nothing else. And, something I hadn't noticed before, Art Parkinson tweeted last summer about being in Belfast with lots of lines to learn. Maybe that was for another project, though.
Parkinson is in a Dracula project that was also filming in Belfast.

- Homer Simpson
Old February 7 2014, 06:51 PM   #2144
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Nathalie Emmanuel will be a regular cast member in the fifth season. From Deadline:

Nathalie Emmanuel is getting a promotion on HBO‘s Game Of Thrones. Emmanuel first joined the hit fantasy drama series as a recurring last season, appearing in eight of the 10 episodes. She will continue to recur in the upcoming fourth season and is being made a regular for Season 5, which has not been picked up yet but that is simply a formality. Emmanuel plays former slave Missandei who has a gift for languages and becomes Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) confidant and trusted advisor. She joins fellow GOT recurring player Michiel Huisman, who also recently was upped to regular for Season 5. Emmanuel, repped by ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment and Stone, Meyer and Genow, plays a new female lead in the upcoming Fast & Furious 7.
Old February 10 2014, 03:36 PM   #2145
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

A Foreshadowing, a 15-minute tease for season 4 with new footage (lots of stuff that's not in the trailer), cast interviews and Q&A (looks like they got the questions from Twitter). They are doing a pretty good job of not spoiling the big moments for the Unsullied, though they kind of skirt around some of them. Some of the actors give away a couple of minor spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

It looks fantastic. And, to my Sullied eyes, very faithful to the books, with some expected and logical changes, such as
Hopefully the season will be that good as it looks based on this...

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Nathalie Emmanuel will be a regular cast member in the fifth season. From Deadline:

Nathalie Emmanuel is getting a promotion on HBO‘s Game Of Thrones. Emmanuel first joined the hit fantasy drama series as a recurring last season, appearing in eight of the 10 episodes. She will continue to recur in the upcoming fourth season and is being made a regular for Season 5, which has not been picked up yet but that is simply a formality. Emmanuel plays former slave Missandei who has a gift for languages and becomes Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) confidant and trusted advisor. She joins fellow GOT recurring player Michiel Huisman, who also recently was upped to regular for Season 5. Emmanuel, repped by ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment and Stone, Meyer and Genow, plays a new female lead in the upcoming Fast & Furious 7.
The Entertainment Weekly article that reported this said that there are 29 regular cast members going into season 4. There are 24 from last year (without Richard Madden, Oona Chaplin and Michelle Fairley
and Joe Dempsie has not been confirmed for season 4, so we don't know if he's in this season. So, let's guess who has been made a regular for season 4?

I think Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) definitely is, and probably Iwan Rheon (Ramsey) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy). The others are probably one of the following: Ian McInnerny (Barristan Selmy) - if he's not, they'll definitely make him a regular in season 5, Diana Rigg (Olenna), or Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), depending on how big his role is this season (but he's more likely to become a regular, if he does, next season).

my Buffy/Angel rewatch

Last edited by DevilEyes; February 10 2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spoiler tags
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote