Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old February 2 2014, 11:32 PM   #841
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Good lord, the Richard Sherman redemption campaign is still in full force...
He didn't fucking rape a puppy on live tv, he just gave an emotional interview. There's nothing for him to redeem himself from.

Although he certainly put the stakes high for himself not to look like an idiot tonight...
He demeaned his opponent both in the interview on the field, then in the post game. He's a punk and he'll get his.
Old February 2 2014, 11:32 PM   #842
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

He didn't fucking rape a puppy on live tv, he just gave an emotional interview. There's nothing for him to redeem himself from.

Although he certainly put the stakes high for himself not to look like an idiot tonight...
Tell that to the NFL, I didn't make them air yet another package of how he works with disabled kids and graduated from Stanford.
Old February 2 2014, 11:37 PM   #843
chrisspringob
Commodore

Scout101 wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
I read a remarkable statistic the other day. In Russell Wilson's two years in the NFL, Seattle hasn't lost a single game by more than 7 points. Meanwhile, the last time Peyton Manning and the Broncos lost by more than 7 was a 10 point loss to New England in Week 5 of the 2012 season. If either team loses by more than a touchdown tomorrow, it'll be a rare event.
Not really as remarkable as you think. More 'small sample size' than anything else. If you go, on average, 13-3 or 12-4 every year, how many opportunities do you HAVE to lose by more than 7? Lose a couple close games, and you can drag that stat back quite a ways.

Did a 2-second search of the Patriots scores, just as a reference point for another winning team. Last time they lost by more than 7 in the regular season was October of 2011, lost by 8. November of 2010 was the last legit beatdown, lost by 20 to the Browns.

There WERE the AFC title game in 2012 and 2013, (28-13 and 26-16), but the point is that it's rare right until it's not. And with small sample size, you can draw lots of bad conclusions. And in your final game of the year, someone's gonna lose, so guarantees another shot for someone to lose by more than 7.

Hell, the stats show that each team wins about 85% of their games every year, including playoffs. Regardless, someone's gonna lose
Counting both regular season and playoffs, Denver and Seattle are the only teams not to lose by at least 7 points this year (so far). And Seattle's the only team not to do the same last year. Seattle's lost nine games in that two year span, and all of those losses have been 7 points or less. So yes, I'd call that impressive.
Old February 2 2014, 11:51 PM   #844
Aragorn
Admiral

Yanks wrote: View Post

He demeaned his opponent both in the interview on the field, then in the post game. He's a punk and he'll get his.
So do you hold Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth in higher regard than Richard Sherman?
Old February 2 2014, 11:55 PM   #845
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post

So do you hold Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth in higher regard than Richard Sherman?
Who the hell said anything about that?

Why should I judge one player based on another?

He did exactly what I said. No denying it, unless you're trying to defend something else.
Old February 3 2014, 12:00 AM   #846
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Sorry to stir the pot there, I was laughing at the unctuous nature of the piece more than trying to attack or defend Sherman. The jingoistic one they just aired really takes the cake.
Old February 3 2014, 12:02 AM   #847
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Well, I agree, that pregame broadcast is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a while, and I usually find American displays of patriotism amusing.

eta: I do like the ads though - pretending like people buy those garish trucks to pull a tractor or something (that was literally in one of the ads, Ram I think )
Old February 3 2014, 12:04 AM   #848
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Glad I'm not watching it. I'll turn the game on @ 6:30.
Old February 3 2014, 12:26 AM   #849
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-n-n-d-d-d-d-d-d-d t-h-e h-h-o-o-m-m-e o-f t-h-e b-r-r-r-r-r-r-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-v-v-v-v-v-v-v-e-e-e-e-e-e

Loving Broadway Joe's coat.
Old February 3 2014, 12:30 AM   #850
Yanks
Fleet Captain

I wasn't sure how an opera signer would fare, but she did great!
Old February 3 2014, 12:34 AM   #851
Roger Wilco
Admiral

lol.
Old February 3 2014, 12:39 AM   #852
Shaytan
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaytan

I started to watch when she started to sing the hymn. I would be so embarrassed if I were American
Old February 3 2014, 12:39 AM   #853
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

So, should Denver just have let Seattle take the ball in for a touchdown rather than the 2 points and a free kick?
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Old February 3 2014, 01:13 AM   #854
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Well, not a fun quarter for Broncos fans.
Old February 3 2014, 01:24 AM   #855
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Well, not a fun quarter for Broncos fans.
For sure. They haven't seen a defense this fast all year.
Closed Thread