Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 29 2014, 03:04 AM   #1
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Voyager Only Exists...

...inside Moriarty's little holodeck cube from the TNG episode "Ship In A Bottle". Explains all the weirdness with sentient and semi-sentient holograms, time travel that shows a history inconsistent with what had already been shown in TOS and TNG, and all sorts of other stupidity.

Well, whadya think?
Old January 29 2014, 04:39 AM   #2
Tiberius
Commodore

Re: Voyager Only Exists...

So when Janeway spoke to Picard in Nemesis, she was a holodeck character communicating with the real world from inside a program that was designed to pretend it was the real world?
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 05:00 AM   #3
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Janeway exists on all planes and dimensions simultaneously, duh.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 05:06 AM   #4
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Old January 29 2014, 05:24 AM   #5
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Rick James. Cool.

Point of fact is that the module in which Jim was stuck, should not have had super tech in it exceeding 2269, unless it had a caretaker (Barclay?) who was periodically updating the enclosures Databse with general trivia and advances in technology.

If Barclay was Moriarty's caretaker, even after he left the Enterprise, then a facsimile of Voyager or a hypothetical asumption of Voyager before hard facts were available inside that program would have been a perfectly reasonable assumption.

Meanwhile... If the Doctors template was based on the (So called) Sentient Moriarty program, then it's possible that not only a version of Moriarty is existing inside the Doctor in some recess rat hole deep down, but the entire enclosures is existing in perpettuity inside every EMH.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 10:12 AM   #6
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

USS Triumphant wrote: View Post
...inside Moriarty's little holodeck cube from the TNG episode "Ship In A Bottle". Explains all the weirdness with sentient and semi-sentient holograms, time travel that shows a history inconsistent with what had already been shown in TOS and TNG, and all sorts of other stupidity.

Well, whadya think?
You do know they almost ended Deep Space Nine with Benny Russell having finished his stories, right?
Old January 29 2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Star Trek is also trapped in Tommy Westphall's mind with Torchwood and the 1960's Batman and I love Lucy.

Old January 29 2014, 05:03 PM   #8
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Tiberius wrote: View Post
So when Janeway spoke to Picard in Nemesis, she was a holodeck character communicating with the real world from inside a program that was designed to pretend it was the real world?
Nope. Nemesis was part of the holodeck scenario, too. Never happened.
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Point of fact is that the module in which Jim was stuck, should not have had super tech in it exceeding 2269, unless it had a caretaker (Barclay?) who was periodically updating the enclosures Databse with general trivia and advances in technology.
It does have a caretaker, but not Barclay - after they sent the little mini-holodeck cube back to Starfleet Command, they assigned Ensign Harry Kim to add info and to keep things interesting for Moriarty and the Countess, among his other duties. He added the Voyager scenario to amuse himself with, and was never really all that interested in his own avatar in it, which is why he was so boring, and why he never got promoted. (In the real world, he never got promoted because he spent too much time playing with the scenario.)
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Star Trek is also trapped in Tommy Westphall's mind with Torchwood and the 1960's Batman and I love Lucy.
Well, of course.
Old January 30 2014, 03:49 AM   #9
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Well, whadya think?
Works for me.
Nope. Nemesis was part of the holodeck scenario, too. Never happened.
Even better.
Old January 30 2014, 04:52 AM   #10
Nebusj
Rear Admiral

View Nebusj's Twitter Profile

Well, whadya think?
Needs some time-travel nonsense to quite fit Our Heroes.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 05:37 AM   #11
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Well, whadya think?
They mention Moriarty in the 3rd Season episode Alter Ego....
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 06:09 AM   #12
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

PARIS: More to the point, what is she?
CHAKOTAY: Most likely a sentient computer programme. I checked the Starfleet database. This kind of thing has happened before. The Enterprise-D under Picard was once taken over by a holo character.
KIM: We studied that case at the Academy. It gained control of the ship from inside the holodeck.
TUVOK: Marayna may well have done the same. She was able to silence the intruder alert by an apparent act of will.
The only reason a hologramatic sex slave would not sleep with Harry, is if she spontaneously developed the sentience to run.

Things EVOLVE to escape a humping from Harry Kim.

Old January 31 2014, 01:39 AM   #13
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Not all of Voyager happened in the Moriarty cube, only the bad episodes.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 01:46 AM   #14
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Not all of Voyager happened in the Moriarty cube, only the bad episodes.
You contradict yourself, gentlebeing.
Old January 31 2014, 03:37 AM   #15
Lance
Commodore

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Ah, but Picard in Nemesis wasn't in the real world anymore.

He was still in the Nexus, living out the "I'mma action movie hero now!" fantasies that he began by going 'back' to Veridian III to whup Soran's ass, and then going on to kick the Borg queen's ass, then kicking Ru'afo's ass, and finally ending with him kicking his own ass by way of his mini-me, Shinzon.

(Talk about self-loathing. Talk about transference. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with all Picard's neuroses.)

Nexus!Janeway talking to Picard in Nemesis is actually a sub-reality existing within a sub-reality.

All the meanwhile, Starfleet mourned the loss of the entire Enterprise crew when the Veridian system went nova... but they quickly moved on to assigning NCC 1701-E to a brand new crew, who are still out there... somewhere... not that we've ever met them, or anything.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote