New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 15 2014, 10:08 PM   #106
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Re: The Blacklist

Loved "the suspense is killing me", BANG! bit.
Old January 17 2014, 04:28 AM   #107
Aldo
Admiral

I enjoyed this episode, Red tying up loose ends was great. But the case with The good Samaritan really felt like "Black List does Criminal Minds." It seemed like a case that could very easily pop up on that show, which I suppose makes sense because it was a case Lizzie caught when she was just working as a pro-filer. I did like her threatening the abusive husband at the end of the episode though.

So I'm assuming the end of the episode implied that Red would now be feeding Lizzie information but on his own terms, and not being the FBI's "pet," so to speak?
Old January 23 2014, 02:44 AM   #108
Aldo
Admiral

Did anyone watch this weeks episode? I finally got around to watching it and expected someone to at least have commented on it.

I thought it was a nice solid episode. Ever since this thread keeps pointing out how stupid the FBI is I can't help but notice it when something like that happens, but I think they're getting better about it.
Old January 23 2014, 03:01 AM   #109
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I watched this week's episode--a bit creepy, the way that guy killed a young woman and child, just to cover his own trail. I also noticed, again, that apparently the FBI has the WORST security in the world.

And Lizzie SOOOOO doesn't want to be a mother, at least not now. Who is she kidding? Why doesn't the husband stay home with the kid? How could they have possibly gone this long without discussing that?
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 05:08 AM   #110
Aldo
Admiral

I'm pretty sure they never told us why Lizzie wants to adopt. I'm assuming that it's because she can't have kids, but leaving out that little bit of information is a bit disappointing.

I agree with you on the fact that Lizzie might not want kids though. Maybe when they first decided upon it she was up for it, but ever since she's been caught up with Red and her new position as a field agent she's less interested in it.
Old January 23 2014, 05:26 PM   #111
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Yeah I was also a bit baffled at how the baby will be born in 6 weeks and yet they have not sat down to discuss it at all. And after they were attacked and tortured in their own home, and Lizzie discovered they were being spied upon, you'd think they'd both realize right away that it's not exactly a safe environment for a child...

What I'm guessing (hoping) happens is that, unless they come to their senses sooner, the birth mom decides to keep the baby and Lizzie realizes how relieved she is.

I saw the ending with Meera coming, but it was still entertaining. It remains to be seen what her motives are. Next week's episode should be good.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 12:14 AM   #112
Aldo
Admiral

Either they've left out some side meetings with the birth mom, or Tom has been blindsiding Lizzie with this. Because I don't recall them talking about adopting all that much since the first episode. And that was before Lizzie knew what she was getting herself into. As I implied in one of my other posts, as a profiler she probably felt confident that she could balance work with raising a child, but she never stopped to think how her priorities would change once becoming a field agent.
Old January 24 2014, 03:32 AM   #113
Brolan
Commodore

Yup, the baby thing is bit strange after all the problems they have been having, they really want to bring a baby into the mix?

And what is the deal with Tom? Is he some kind of plant? If so, why does he steer her away from DC and to the inactive mid-west? And why does he want a baby? Is he planning on spending his entire life with her? Or has he just been framed? He's the biggest puzzle in the show.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 07:06 AM   #114
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Maybe Reddington chose this moment to enter Lizzie's life to stop her from procreating?

Either because he sees adoption as half assed (not my personal opinion) or he believes that his family line should end with Lizzie... If she's fine and the husband has broken sperm, maybe that's why they tried to discredit him in the beginning so that Red can have a "real" grandchild?

Not that it's been absolutely confirmed that they are father and daughter yet?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 10:45 AM   #115
Aragorn
Admiral

When they were running all those DNA tests looking for database matches, wouldn't they have noticed the kids were all related to each other?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 07:21 PM   #116
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It was a fiction.

The technology to match traits & skills to dna is fictional.

Which means that the entire DNA map provided with each sale was fictional.

All their babies come form the same 15 kidnapped women, of course the Doctor's will lie about how difficult it was to find the magic babies with the specific DNA that is tailored to the customers needs.

The many women they had on the production line guaranteed eye colour and hair colour, and body type, but after that, it's impossible to double check with just your eye balls.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 07:49 PM   #117
Borgminister

"You talk too much"....

Still liking the show a lot, but beyond the stale police procedural, only because of Spader's delivery...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 04:27 AM   #118
Brolan
Commodore

So, no baby after all, and it looks like the marriage has been severely damaged. I'm starting to wonder if this is all Red's doing. He and his female agent are working to split them up. Then Red has Lizzie all to himself.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 05:23 AM   #119
Aragorn
Admiral

Brolan wrote: View Post
So, no baby after all, and it looks like the marriage has been severely damaged. I'm starting to wonder if this is all Red's doing. He and his female agent are working to split them up. Then Red has Lizzie all to himself.
Red keeps telling Lizzie her husband isn't who he says he is, but won't tell her what he knows and Lizzy never bothers to ask.

The actor who plays the husband says he doesn't even know what he's supposed to be hiding, whether it's even innocent or nefarious.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 07:51 AM   #120
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore

Odds are because the writers have no clue what he's supposed to be hiding. I'm getting flashbacks to Alias. Spader is so friggin cool, though, I don't really care. Wish they'd just drop the whole husband character (and the whole FBI task force, actually) and make it the Keen & Red say funny shit and murder bad people hour.

The adoption agency villain was fucking sick. Like one of the worst on the list yet. You know that whole "they took out the eggs, fertilized them and then put them back" throw away line at the end was bullshit, right? That sociopath was raping dozens of unconscious women for years. They should have thrown him off the roof, but life in prison holding onto some hardass lifer's turned-out pocket ought to be fun for him, too.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote