Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 27 2014, 04:24 PM   #1411
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
You guy's are Britta'ing the thread
Old January 27 2014, 06:08 PM   #1412
tighr
Commodore

Aldo wrote: View Post
I just finished 'Intro to Political Science" and I have to say Pierce mocking Vickie Jenkins during the debate was hilarious, in fact I had to pause the DVD cause I was literally laughing my ass off.

And of course, the other two gems from this episode:

Old January 28 2014, 04:20 AM   #1413
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

I keep hoping they'll do another city college episode. The way evil-Dean talks to the Dean in both Paintball 2 and the KFC simulator episode is so naturally hilarious. Leaning over and threatening him directly into his ear. I want to see City College's next plan to turn Greendale into a parking lot.
JirinPanthosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 04:55 PM   #1414
AgentDreidel
Fleet Captain

Location: AgentCoop...Chillin' in the Black Lodge since June 10th, 1991
View AgentDreidel's Twitter Profile

^The montage at the end of Season 3 shows Dean Spreck looking at some kind of blueprint. Did they ever reveal what that was?
AgentDreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 05:38 PM   #1415
tighr
Commodore

AgentCoop wrote: View Post
^The montage at the end of Season 3 shows Dean Spreck looking at some kind of blueprint. Did they ever reveal what that was?
S.P.I.D.E.R. - Solar Powered Infiltration, Delivery, Engagement & Recovery System, Mark II

Old January 29 2014, 01:09 AM   #1416
Aldo
Admiral

Another thing that Harmon was going to follow up on but never got a chance to because NBC fired him?
Old January 29 2014, 01:26 AM   #1417
tighr
Commodore

Aldo wrote: View Post
Another thing that Harmon was going to follow up on but never got a chance to because NBC fired him?
Dunno if he ever planned on following up on it, or if he already knew he was fired and wanted to screw with the new guys, or thought he was cancelled and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Either way, it's clearly a shout out to Jon Peters.
Old January 29 2014, 01:31 AM   #1418
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Jon Peters and the Kevin Smith draft of "Superman Lives" to clarify. Peters wanted a giant mechanical spider for Superman to fight

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 01:45 AM   #1419
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Maybe he was planning a movie called Community Lives!
Old January 29 2014, 02:53 AM   #1420
Aldo
Admiral

I just completed Season 2. There's just so much wonderful about this season (and this show in general).

What I found the most impressive was Pierce and his story arc. As I've continuelly mentioned in this thread, I used to be a casual viewer, so to me who only watched an episode here and there Pierce's behavior seemed extremely assholeish, over the top even. But only after watching this season as a whole did I see that was kind of the point, as detailed in the finale Pierce's behavior (at least in his mind) was justified because he kept being excluded by the study group.

And speaking of the finale, I loved the it (both parts). In fact since it was the first time I'd seen both episodes I was on the edge of my seat. Despite the fact that it was just paintball and no one would get hurt, the way the episodes are constructed really made me care who survived and who got knocked out.

Also as I mentioned before, I love Vicki Jenkins, and Magnitute is good too, but more of a one note character (and yes, I completely understand that that is the point ).

One more shout out because it's on my mind, I loved the "Office" episode and Abed's commentary at the end how the documentary format can work well. It was parody done but without malicious intent, and I liked that.
Old January 29 2014, 04:05 AM   #1421
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Jon Peters and the Kevin Smith draft of "Superman Lives" to clarify. Peters wanted a giant mechanical spider for Superman to fight

And Man of Steel. If you'll remember, when Supes is trying to get to his Daddy's crashed ark ship thing, what's there? The deadliest predator in the animal kingdom. And that "world engine" thing? What does that look like to you?

...the deadliest animal in the insect kingdom.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 05:17 AM   #1422
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

There was a major 'Series finale' vibe in the last episode of season 3. It brought the main themes of the show to a head and even ended with an expanded version of the song in the opening credits. It even glibly summed up all of the show's messages: "Doing things for other people is good. Doing things for just yourself is bad." Dan Harmon clearly intended for the show to be able to end on that episode.
Old January 29 2014, 05:26 AM   #1423
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
There was a major 'Series finale' vibe in the last episode of season 3. It brought the main themes of the show to a head and even ended with an expanded version of the song in the opening credits. It even glibly summed up all of the show's messages: "Doing things for other people is good. Doing things for just yourself is bad." Dan Harmon clearly intended for the show to be able to end on that episode.
You're ignoring the context of that time. Harmon was already exiting the program and a season four renewal was not certain yet when production wrapped in mid-February 2012. Likely, he decided to close up as many threads as he could in case it was the end, but still leave room for the show to continue if it did get that season fou renewal. Which it did, three months later in May, 2012.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 08:10 PM   #1424
Anwar
Vice Admiral

The third season has a "You're left wanting more, but if it ends here it's a good ending."

Season 4 didn't have much baggage leftover, so for its finale it was ok giving Jeff some closure and nice character development (he had that whole though about the Darkest Timeline) but still left it with "Yeah, this isn't such a bad ending."
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 02:28 AM   #1425
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Wow. Looks like Dan Harmon doesn't hate everything that season 4 did, he just hated that it was never followed up on.

That was a good episode but not as good as the previous few. I think they tried to do too many stories at the same time. I like the way they're using Chang now.