MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old January 9 2014, 08:32 PM   #1156
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

While not about Doctor Who, Beatles Examiner has up an article about some of the other things that might have been discovered in Africa, like the Beatles' appearance on "Juke Box Jury."

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 07:15 PM   #1157
diankra
Commodore

More Marco Polo shenanigans, taken with a hefty pinch of salt: there's someone who's been trying to post (what they claim to be) the first few minutes of Marco Polo on first youtube, and now DailyMotion, all day, and continually having it taken down. Probably just a hoaxer (I understand that Levine is already breaking Twitter in response so if so, he's got what he wanted), but there's an outside chance that it's for real, and it might bounce the BBC into bringing forward an announcement (btw, the 50th anniversary of the first episode going out is 22nd Feb, which is just before the DVD release of Web of Fear, which would be an irresistible chance for two-for-one press coverage) if there is anything to announce.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 07:53 PM   #1158
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

diankra wrote: View Post
More Marco Polo shenanigans...
I saw this begin to unfold on Twitter last night. It's been one very strange chapter in what's already been a very strange story.

Levine's going off on everything. 2011 for when he first got wind off it. BBC Radio Wiltshire. Phil Morris. The BBC in general.

This is so bonkers it's madder than Mad Jack McMadd.

allyngibson.net
Old January 27 2014, 07:58 PM   #1159
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

BBC should just either confirm or deny to stop the BS. Instead they're glued to an inflexible PR schedule, at least judging by Fear and Enemy.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 09:19 PM   #1160
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

diankra wrote: View Post
More Marco Polo shenanigans, taken with a hefty pinch of salt:
And, unsurprisingly, this turned out to be a Rick-Roll.

No, I'm not going to link to where it finally ended up.

allyngibson.net
Old January 27 2014, 09:28 PM   #1161
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

And Ian Levine is giving the hoaxer exactly the kind of attention he was looking for, in thoroughly NSFW fashion. "All you've done is p*** off fandom - there are some clever fans out there - they'll trace you and teach you to f*** with us" and so forth. The hoaxer's response: "HAAA HAA HAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" Levine is also retweeting lots of people declaring simultaneously that no one fell for this obvious deception and that the hoaxer is a nasty monster for deceiving them.

Of course it was never likely that recovered episodes would be circulating in a format that could just be uploaded to YouTube or DailyMotion. But then, nothing about the missing episode developments of the past few years has been likely, which is why it was hard to entirely dismiss even something that had "obvious hoax" written all over it.
Old January 27 2014, 09:32 PM   #1162
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
BBC should just either confirm or deny to stop the BS. Instead they're glued to an inflexible PR schedule, at least judging by Fear and Enemy.

Mr Awe
Ian is under the belief Phillip Morris has yet to return anything (potentially nearly everything else) The BBC could confirm that nothing else has been returned, they would not be able to confirm nothing else will be.
Old January 27 2014, 09:46 PM   #1163
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^ Then BBC and Phil Morris should confirm/deny what they have knowledge of.

Keep in mind, the BBC knew about Fear and Enemy many months before they were released.

I do have to wonder how reputations would fare if anyone was found to be keeping knowledge hidden.

Mr Awe
Old January 27 2014, 10:16 PM   #1164
Christopher
Writer

^But I think that's what Rarewolf is saying: Some people won't be convinced by a denial, and will just conclude it's a coverup. You can prove that an episode has been recovered by releasing it, but it's a lot harder to prove a negative.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 10:20 PM   #1165
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

The irrational out there will go on believing whatever, but at least the sane amongst us would know. Right now, I don't know what to believe and the people who should know the truth are only making it worse by not saying anything.

Really, it's getting to the point where silence is irresponsible. Maybe that's what "silence will fall" really means?!

Mr Awe
Old January 27 2014, 11:30 PM   #1166
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

The irrational out there will go on believing whatever, but at least the sane amongst us would know. Right now, I don't know what to believe and the people who should know the truth are only making it worse by not saying anything.

Really, it's getting to the point where silence is irresponsible. Maybe that's what "silence will fall" really means?!

Mr Awe
What to believe? Believe Web and Enemy were returned and will be released as BBC has informed us.

And then believe that's it, until BBC tells us something more.

Seems simple enough to me. If you choose to believe every crackpot who makes a post or writes an article anywhere across the Internet, how is that BBC's responsibility to keep tabs on, and continue going around behind the rumors making denials?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 04:33 AM   #1167
The Wormhole
Admiral

^^My thoughts exactly. As far as I'm concerned, there are no missing episodes out there waiting for a public unveiling and I will continue to believe that until if/when BBC announces another one has been found.

Although, I enjoy visiting this thread all the same. It really is a blast watching fandom writhe on this magnitude over a rumour and Ian Levine's tirades make it all worth while.
Old January 28 2014, 07:11 AM   #1168
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Mr Awe
What to believe? Believe Web and Enemy were returned and will be released as BBC has informed us.

Seems simple enough to me. If you choose to believe every crackpot who makes a post or writes an article anywhere across the Internet, how is that BBC's responsibility to keep tabs on, and continue going around behind the rumors making denials?
Obviously, I'm not believing the crackpots. However, it also seems likely that more is going on.

Now, you can live your life with blinders on, but I'm more actively curious than that. I don't think it's too much to ask that those who know to set the record straight.

Mr Awe
Old January 28 2014, 02:57 PM   #1169
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Mr Awe

Obviously, I'm not believing the crackpots. However, it also seems likely that more is going on.

Now, you can live your life with blinders on, but I'm more actively curious than that. I don't think it's too much to ask that those who know to set the record straight.

Mr Awe
They've already spoken repeatedly, how many more times should they speak to it? Why do they need to discloses their future business plans before they are ready (If indeed they are waiting for delivery of something?)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 04:20 PM   #1170
Tom
Rear Admiral

^ Then BBC and Phil Morris should confirm/deny what they have knowledge of.

Keep in mind, the BBC knew about Fear and Enemy many months before they were released.

I do have to wonder how reputations would fare if anyone was found to be keeping knowledge hidden.

Mr Awe
Yet the BBC flat out lied in June saying they have no missing episodes. They have no credibility in the fans eyes in regards to missing episodes after that incident. They probably have Marco Polo but they will keep denying it until they release it.