RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,681
Members: 24,205
Currently online: 768
Newest member: JMSmith97

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Your grade?
A+ 20 40.00%
A 15 30.00%
A- 4 8.00%
B+ 1 2.00%
B 4 8.00%
B- 3 6.00%
C+ 2 4.00%
C 1 2.00%
C- 0 0%
D+ 0 0%
D 0 0%
D- 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 10 2014, 05:39 AM   #31
Dream
Admiral

Re: Disney's Frozen - Grading and Discussion

Great movie. My favorite movie of 2013!
Old January 19 2014, 01:03 AM   #32
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

Finally saw Frozen today. I absolutely loved it! Disney knocked its own tradition on its butt with this one!

First, Kristoff didn't remember that Anna was the girl he saw being saved by the trolls when he was a little boy. Secondly, everyone sane questioned why Anna was engaged to a guy she just met! That's new for Disney. And third, you don't have a prince saving the princess. The princess saved the queen and herself. Fourth, we had a queen that wasn't EVIL!

I felt like I was watching a Broadway play with the classic elements and, with the trolls' song, a touch of Avenue Q! Was that the same actress that played Gary Coleman that was the female troll?

As to the love interests.... Hans seemed to be the classic Disney prince... until he revealed himself to be a freaking jerk. I think it was intentional that we didn't know he was a villain until the reveal. We were all looking at the Duke of Weasel Town... And then Hans was a dirty... word that rhymes with plastered.
Kristoff by contrast wasn't going to try and sweep Anna off her feet, but was going to help her be better. I loved that!

The only real flaw I can think of is that the songs weren't spaced out enough. I know it worked well with the plot, but still it would've been nice to have more songs in the latter half of the movie. Hans should've had a song about his duality.

Other than that, AWESOME!!
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 07:46 AM   #33
JD
Admiral

Disney is doing a live stage Frozen musical.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 01:22 AM   #34
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I saw this last week when it was 110F outside, I'm sure that contributed to my enjoyment of all the ice and snow.. really the best kids movie I've seen in a long time. I loved the visuals, the the nordic stuff.. the snowman who is the character I am usually irritated with was hilarious. I was totally swept away by it.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 01:25 AM   #35
teacake
Admiral

Oh and someone posted this in the ST:IX forum so I'm reposting it in this thread because it is awesome..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 22 2014, 04:46 AM   #36
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

^ Holy frak that was epic-ally awesome!

I saw Frozen for the second time last Friday ... and I have to say, it's quite an incredible film. And the song, "Let It Go," is a powerful moment of liberation ... Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.
Old January 22 2014, 04:56 AM   #37
teacake
Admiral

Yeah I have been thinking I wouldn't mind seeing it again, a very attractive movie.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 22 2014, 05:04 AM   #38
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

I thought it was very clever that the main "villain" wasn't a character, but rather Elsa's own insecurities .. her fear. And yet, she wasn't remotely a villain - but a plausible, sympathetic character in her own right - "Let It Go" perfectly illustrating the conflict between controlling her abilities and emotions ... and setting them free ...
Old January 22 2014, 09:57 AM   #39
Dream
Admiral

Frozen 'Let It Go' Sequence in Twenty-Five Languages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUVJ_tyQ-E
Old January 22 2014, 03:51 PM   #40
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Not sure I want to hear it in 25 languages one after the other (!) but I'd definitely listen to the Norwegian version if you can find it. Almost prefer it to Idina's.
Old January 22 2014, 09:04 PM   #41
Dream
Admiral

Will Disney Make 'Frozen 2'?

In terms of worldwide grosses, Frozen has grossed $763 million worldwide, the 50th biggest grosser of all-time. Of films that have earned as much or more, only 2012 ($765m), E.T. ($792m), Inception ($825m), The Lion King ($987m), and Titanic $2.16b) have no sequels either in current existence on in active development. For the record, sequels for Independence Day, Alice In Wonderland, and Avatar are currently in development. Point being, nearly every single film that has earned the grosses on the level of Frozen has received a theatrical sequel or prequel. If Disney walks away from a theoretical Frozen 2, it will be a big deal simply because not making a sequel after an original makes this level of money is all-but-unprecedented.

This is not about whether there should be a theatrical Frozen 2, from an artistic point of view. There surely can be more stories to tell as the kingdom comes to terms with Elsa’s “totally not a metaphor for homosexuality” ice powers, as well as how the two mostly separated sisters adjust to actually be in each others’ lives again. But financially speaking, under pretty much any other circumstances, a theatrical sequel to Frozen would already be scheduled for Thanksgiving 2016 or 2017. That is what makes a discussion about Frozen 2 somewhat unique. With any other studio, a sequel to a film like Frozen, which doesn’t remotely close off potential for further storytelling (as opposed to something like Titanic, The Passion of the Christ, or 2012), it would be a foregone conclusion.
Old January 22 2014, 09:24 PM   #42
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

^^^ "Frozen 2: The Revenge of Weaseltown!"

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 09:30 PM   #43
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

I know it's selfish, but I do want a Frozen 2.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 12:27 AM   #44
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

If done right, another story from Arendelle could be excellent. We could see what happens when Elsa gets dumped...
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 12:33 AM   #45
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
If done right, another story from Arendelle could be excellent. We could see what happens when Elsa gets dumped...
CHANCELLOR: " A gift from Arendelle, majesty..."

KING: "Why it's a giant ice sculpture... why is my son frozen in the center of it!!!!?"

CHANCELLOR: "Wasn't he in arendelle to break it off with the Queen, your majesty?"

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote