Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread

Old January 20 2014, 06:38 PM   #16
Maab of the Ten Tribes
Captain

Re: Homemade documentary on TNG sets in 1988

At 00:18

Captain guy: "How's it look?"

Camera guy: "Like a cameo."

Captain guy: "Like a camera?"

Camera guy: "Cameo."

*facepalm*

Last edited by Maab of the Ten Tribes; January 21 2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old January 21 2014, 03:12 AM   #17
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Whoever thought of looping the part where Captain Stone falls with the medical bed... pure genius.
Old January 21 2014, 03:51 AM   #18
CrazyMatt
Commander

These guys prove there are people who're not swift enough to be cast in a "Jackass" movie....
Old January 21 2014, 04:04 AM   #19
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Well, you may get your chance to hurl your invectives at Capt. Stone directly, since it appears he's joined the board, posted one message (link) and claims he'll address the issue of the video.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Old January 21 2014, 06:05 AM   #20
CrazyMatt
Commander

OK, I'll admit it does take 'stones' to show this....
Old January 21 2014, 08:21 PM   #21
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, yes, YES. That was me, over 25 years ago, pulling that STUPID stunt, trying to make a home movie of the sets of STTNG. Ralph and I were lucky enough to be on the sets for over an hour, while the doors were locked. Had I known that this video would be stolen from me (a copy anyway) and mass produced, sold at conventions, burned to DVD copies, and sold, and generally re-edited to make me look ever worse that I already looked, I would have just walked away. Being harassed on the internet from day one, stalked and harranged for just being a FAN, it's left a real sour taste in my mouth. NO, we were not arrested that night, but I was arrested at a later date, for totally unrelated situations, but the studio suits were really concerned about what I planned to do with that video!

I was let off with no jail time and only community service for two weeks! And regardless of what has been said, nothing was ever stolen from the sets, EVER, and no reports of stolen costumes, props, or wall panels was ever made! The only stealing that went on, was a breakin at Michael Dorn's trailer, and they took both his WORF costumes, and his headpieces! I know this because the company that I worked for did makeup as well, and Paramount wanted our makeup girl to come over there and make some more headpieces, since Michael Westmore was in Europe!

Ralph and I made a pact to not disturb anything that would halt or stall the production of STTNG, and that bed falling over was just an accident, the thing weighted like 300 pounds, solid metal. Guy Vardeman stated that the whole day after, production was stopped so they could fix that bed, which is not a truthful statement. No report of damage to the sets or that bed were ever reported, and they didn't even know about the video for YEARS after that.

The only thing that I can think was, since the bed was on a furniture dolly, being moved one place or the other, that it was being put into storage. The idea that tipping over could damage that monster, you couldn't damage that thing if you put it on the freeway and hit it with a Mack truck. You would only damage the truck!

People have used this video to claim that I am a liar and a thief, and that this proves that I broke into the sets, and that I had stolen stuff, which there is NO footage of that basis at all. They then started saying (and still say) that I was a fan, when I actually worked on the show! Mike Okuda stated at a convention that "Greg Stone has never worked on any Star Trek production EVER"! Now, it is said that "Greg Stone was a minor SFX artist who worked on SOME episodes of TREK"!!!

Truth be told, I actually worked for the first three years, from 86 to 89, and left to work on the James Bond film "License to Kill". I worked in various movies and TV for 13 years, ending up with "Lethal weapon 4".

When I think of other things, I will post it here.

Greg Stone
Old January 21 2014, 09:10 PM   #22
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Why would Michael Dorn's headpieces be in his trailer? Surely those go to the makeup trailer/room? Same with his costumes. Doesn't wardrobe have those cleaned every night?
—Glen Larson, 2010
Old January 21 2014, 10:56 PM   #23
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Greg, thanks for posting. I guess the only question I have is how the hell did you manage not to get fired?
Old January 21 2014, 10:59 PM   #24
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

I can only tell you what a security guy told me, but I do know that his headpieces were taken, because they called us to have our makeup girl come and make some more. About two weeks later, a security guy that I knew told me that Michael's trailer had been broken into. And, yes, the headpieces should be kept in the makeup trailer, and the costumes should be held in the costume area. But sometimes, things get loose and lax, and people screw up, or it could be just a total story, you know what type of people work security. Consider it an unconfirmed report!

Greg Stone
Old January 21 2014, 11:00 PM   #25
Balrog
Commodore

I know this was shot 25 years ago. But I'm cringing my way through this video thinking, "Stop messing with the sets! You're going to break something!"

I don't know. I don't like this. Not cool.

ETA: Just like to add that at least it seems like you guys were trying to be careful and respectful to the sets and props. Kudos for that. Plenty of idiots out there would have probably run around like drunken morons and broken a lot of shit.
Old January 22 2014, 12:21 AM   #26
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, Balrog, we were very careful, for the most part, not to disrupt or damage anything. One time, while we were on the set, there were film cameras, and videotape cameras and machines, and if I were some sort of crook, I could have really made off with a TON of equipment!

By the way, is it just me, or did someone yank my TOS sound effects topic? I can't seem to find it anymore, and that was an important story for me to share. I didn't like the comment that there are "Official sources that say otherwise", and I wanted to know WHICH official sources? Since Neil Norman dealt directly with me, as well as Sam Horta, I would like to have known what was being said!

Greg Stone
Old January 22 2014, 01:13 AM   #27
feek61
Captain

Hey Greg,

Thanks for posting. I have enjoyed your video for years and I'm glad to see it again; it has always intrigued me. It may be the best BTS videos of the set. Is your copy in any better quality? Drexler and others have said that there was damage to the sets from your visit and that it delayed shooting the next day. From what I'm hearing from you; that is not true. On another note: how about posting some of those black and white photos you took of the set?
Old January 22 2014, 01:31 AM   #28
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Hello, Feek61. I have seen your username in the past, and glad to see you are here. No, Drexler never said that, as a matter of fact, he even posted that it was Guy Vardeman who made that comment, not him! The black and white photos were horrible quality shots of the panels, which others have posted primo quality of all of the STTNG panels. I have been collecting them on various other sites for years, and I think that I have the entire ships instrumentation. Plus, my LCARS collection is also very large. I can upload a file and give you the link, if you PM me.
Greg Stone
Old January 22 2014, 01:50 AM   #29
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
By the way, is it just me, or did someone yank my TOS sound effects topic?
Yes, it appears to have been deleted.
Old January 22 2014, 01:57 AM   #30
bbailey861
Admiral

Well, treknician1701, I am conflicted. One part of me wants to slap you up side the head for pulling a stunt like that. On the other hand, the little kid in me absolutely loves it. It was 25 years ago, after all. I need a drink.
Closed Thread